My Heart Is Yours

You're an Angel, I'm a Devil

“Babe, I’m really sorry…” I insisted, watching as she packed away her clothes in the other dresser in our room.

“For what, Max?” she asked, turning towards me with a folded shirt in her hands.

“For just…not being able to stay here with you two until April,” I told her earnestly, leaning towards her from where I was sitting on the bed. She smiled at me and shook her head, long dark brown hair falling in her eyes as she turned to set the shirt down. She closed the drawer and then turned back towards me, walking over to come sit next to me on the edge of the bed.

“Max, I understand. I know how it is and everything, it’s not a big deal, I promise you. Besides, planning a wedding can’t be that hard, can it?” she asked, smiling and reaching over to pat my knee. “And all that matters to me is the fact that I have you now and Lily has you now.”

I smirked, looking up at her and moving an arm around her waist, scooting her towards me a bit. “Yeah. I have you both now. I’m like…the luckiest person alive,” I told her, smiling as I kissed her shoulder. “I still feel bad that I can’t be here to help you with everything…”

“It’s not a big deal, Max. I promise. It’s your job. I know if you’d had the choice, you’d be here with us.”

“I just…feel bad…you shouldn’t have to-”

“Max, shut up,” she giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck and moving to sit on my lap. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her lightly as she bent her head to kiss me softly.

“Fine. But you’re amazing,” I told her as I kissed her again. She kissed back with just as much fervor as I had, her fingers winding into my hair and holding my face to hers. Not that I needed that to keep my lips attached to hers, but it worked all the same.

She pulled away and muttered a thank you. I smiled and nodded before I opened my eyes and noticed she was blushing slightly.

I grinned and kissed her briefly before wrapping my arms around her tighter and burrowing my face in the base of her neck. “I mean it, Wendy. You’re perfect.”

“Maxie, stop it…” she whined. I smirked as I heard the embarrassment in her voice. “But thank you…”

I chuckled and squeezed her lightly before I began kissing up and down her neck, nipping every few kisses or so. She giggled and pushed me back down onto the bed.

---

Getting to wake up with Wednesday Lee in my arms? Still amazing.

I honestly didn’t want to have to wake up, but something hard, small, and giggling had just jumped onto us in our bed and had completely killed my ability to sleep.

Other, deeper, laughter could be heard and I sighed as I peeled an eyelid back, revealing my room being lit up and a giggling Lily hovering over me and her mother. I sighed and rolled away from my girl, grinning up at my daughter as she bounced slightly. On my stomach. Awesome…

“Ugh. Hi, Lily…” I said, removing an arm from beneath the blankets and grabbing her to try to settle her down. Wednesday rolled away from us, and when I looked over at her, she was holding the blankets up to her chin and glaring at the door.

“Morning, Daddy! Morning, Mama!” our daughter exclaimed, giggling still and she crawled away from me and bounced over to the edge of the bed. I followed my fiancé’s gaze to see that one very guilty looking Craig Mabbitt was standing there. My eyes narrowed as he chuckled again and laughed at the both of us.

“What is wrong with you, Craig!?” Wendy said, frowning over at him and sitting up to hug at her knees. She had the blankets trapped to her chest, but that didn’t mean they kept cover of her bare back. I smiled before looking back at my singing comrade.

“Sorry! Lily was getting bored and so was I and besides, tomorrow is Halloween and we have got to get costumes and shit figured out!”

“Ugh. Go away for a few minutes, both of you,” she said before falling back into the pillows again. I watched as my daughter skipped away down the hall, Craig after her as he closed our door and left us in peace.

Wendy groaned as she rolled over to face me. “I hate him…” she mused, making smirk as I turned towards her as well.

“Happy Halloween Eve?” I asked, smirking as she rolled her eyes and ignored me. “Morning, babe.”

“Morning, Max…” she said, yawning before curling into my chest. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her once more, stroking her hair lightly.

“I don’t want to get up…I was sleeping so nice…” she muttered against my chest, sighing as she pulled away again.

“I know…I was, too. But it is…” I paused, turning slightly to look over my shoulder at the clock I’d set on my dresser. It was only ten in the morning. Ugh. I couldn’t believe that, not only was I awake, but Wendy had slept this long. And Lily had let us sleep this long.

I sighed as I turned back to Wendy. “It needs to be two hours from now… I was enjoying getting to sleep, too…”

Wendy sighed and then sat up, turning towards the edge of her side of the bed and sat up, leaving me staring at her bare back through her incredibly long hair.

“Babe, are you gonna leave you hair that long?” I asked, pushing myself up on my forearms. She bent to grab her clothes from the floor and, when she sat up again, she looked back at me with a small smile.

“I don’t know. I need a haircut really bad but I just…I dunno. I need to get Lily in school and shit…and…”

“You don’t have to cut it, Wendy. I was just saying. You’re pretty with long hair.” She smiled at me again before she stood and started getting dressed. Good god, I still couldn’t believe I was getting married to that gorgeous woman.

“Thanks, Max. I need to get it cut, anyway. It’s starting to get to be a hassle and shit…” she said, sighing as she yanked her jeans up on her hips. I could understand that, I guess…my hair was getting pretty damn long, too.

Oh shit. I was such an ass! Here I was, commenting about my fiancé needed to get a haircut when my hair was down to my fucking shoulders. Nice, Max. Nice. Ugh. I’m such a fucking idiot…

I really should learn to shut the fuck up before I say something. Or just anything, for that matter…

I groaned, bringing my arms up to crash them over my face in frustration. I’m such an idiot…

“C’mon, Maxie boy. Get your ass up and dressed. Time to be parents,” Wednesday said as she crawled back over to me. I moved my arms away from my face to see her hovering over me, a small smile on her face as her hair made a slight curtain around our faces.

I was sad that I was going to have to spend three weeks away from that gorgeous face of hers. I mean…it’d been a really, really nice six days off of tour and just relaxing with the guys and my girls. Craig had stayed the night last night after babysitting Lily for Wendy and I so we could go to dinner together.

And after dinner…well…things kinda escalated from there.

Wendy lowered herself to kiss me briefly before rising again and patting my stomach and moving away. I whimpered slightly, not wanting her to leave me and not wanting to get up. She smirked and patted my stomach again, scooting off of the bed and walking over to the door. “C’mon, Max. I’ll make breakfast.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for new chapters! <33 Of course, it's all because I'm sick and everything that I've had time to work on it. xP It would figure that, right as I need to stop missing school, I wind up getting sick and missing almost the entire week... -sigh- Stupid immune system... So this is short and filler-ish. Next chapter will, hopefully, be longer and better...

And now it's time to whore out another story of mine. Because I've been sick, I started another new story (yes, you heard me, I'm insane) and hopefully you'll guys like it as well. Here's To You is the name of the story, so go check it out for me, please? Thank you! ^^

Thanks to the eighty of you subscribed, you are all awesome! <3 And thanks to those of you that commented, VIT-A-MIN WATER!, emodork, IWillMakeYouScream, shellshell., escape the fate, Punk_T, and Drop. The. Girl. You guys all rock and I love you guys muchly. <33

Please comment / subscribe for me! Thank you! <3

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Somewhere In Between" by Hawthorne Heights.