My Heart Is Yours

Who Knew This Trip Would Be This Hard

Max’s pov

“Attention passengers, we will be landing in a few minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts and thank you for flying with us tonight,” the pilot said.

Oh come on! I don’t give a fuck! I want to get home! It was bad enough that I had to spend two weeks in fucking Los Angeles, but now I have to wait another five fucking minutes strapped to a seat by a piece of fabric that probably won’t do anything to help me stay in my seat should anything happen!?

Fuck!

If you couldn’t tell, I’m a little anxious to get back to my girls. I didn’t think I would be this anxious to see Wednesday and Lily again, but I am. God, I’m going to completely die when we’re in Europe and Japan and Australia, aren’t I? Shit…

This is what I get for getting attached and loving someone as much as I did Wendy…

God…I’m kind of hopeless, aren’t I? Oh well. If it’s for Wendy, I suppose being hopeless isn’t such a bad thing as everyone makes it seem.

I was even more excited, though, that I would get to see my girls immediately after I got off the plane, too. They were gonna be there picking me up and shit. Oh yeah. I was definitely going to die when it came to being in Europe after the two week break we were getting for Thanksgiving…

Craig was sitting next to me. Not quite as nervous to get back on the ground as I was. In fact, the kid was passed out beside me and I had to poke him repeatedly to wake him up and everything.

“Damn, Max. Excited much?” he asked me after I had told him we were going to be landing soon with that massive grin on my face. I just grinned wider and nodded. “Psycho, much? I’m excited, too, but…fuck, man,” he told me before yawning. I sighed and sunk into my seat a little more, feeling kind of embarrassed.

While I had been gone and working on our new album, Wendy had gotten Lily into school and had gone into overdrive to catch up in all her classes online. I felt bad that I’d pretty much caused her change in education from going to class to having to do it all online. But she swore that it was fine with her. That she’d rather be with me instead of in a classroom.

Didn’t help the fact that I blamed myself for it, though. I was determined to make it up to her. Make everything up to her, once we were married and everything.

Still couldn’t believe we were getting married. I mean…I’d always wanted to get married eventually. But I thought it would happen after Escape the Fate and after I was in my thirties, not at almost twenty-five.

But hey, whatever worked. I’d take it now, especially since I was getting Wednesday. I was, most definitely, not about to start complaining about it.

Five minutes later, we’d landed. But I was still standing in front of my seat waiting for a space in the aisle so that I could get the hell off this plane. It was another minute before I could squeeze my way behind a teenage girl and her boyfriend.

And then, after trudging after those two and everyone else, which seemed to take for-fucking-ever, I was free from the plane and standing outside the terminal looking around for my girls.

“Max, chill out,” Craig’s voice sounded beside me, his hand landing on my shoulder. I sighed, frowning over at him.

“Oh please, Craig, like you’re not excited to see Gab and Lei,” I said, smirking at him as he grinned and shook his head.

“Me? Excited? Why would I be excited?”

“Move it, you two. Fuck, I almost just ran over you, ‘cause you’re both so fucking short,” Robert said, pushing Craig and I along from behind as Bryan chuckled to himself. I rolled my eyes, turning back to look at my drummer friend.

“I am not fucking short!” I whined, frowning at him before turning back around, shaking his hand off of my back and crossing my arms over my chest.

“Daddy!” My frown fell away as I heard Lily’s voice before she giggled and I looked over at her, Wendy, Gab, and Leila all walking toward us. I grinned, stepping away from my friends to crouch as my little girl came running towards me. Her little arms were around my neck in a second and I squeezed her as I grinned and kissed her cheek.

“Hey, Lily, baby,” I said, squeezing her still as everyone else walked over to our little group. Craig was talking to Gab and his own daughter and Robert and Bryan had taken a back seat, once again, and were chatting amongst one another. I wondered where Robert’s girlfriend was, but then shoved that thought out of my mind as I stood with Lily still in my arms and reached around to hug my fiancé.

“Welcome home, Maxie,” Wendy told me, grinning at me with shining eyes. I grinned back, bending my head slightly to kiss her softly.

“Intimate moment!” Robert and Bryan both shouted, completely killing the moment. I pulled away from her and glared over my daughter’s head to the two goofs that I called two of my best friends. They were both laughing hysterically as Wendy tucked herself into my side and hid her face.

Great. My friends were awesome. Glaring for a few more moments, I finally smirked and then kissed Lily’s forehead as she giggled slightly.

“I’m so glad to be home, babe, you have no idea…” I said, turning to Wendy and squeezing her lightly. She grinned up at me, blushing slightly.

“Dude, you really do have no idea! He and Craig would not shut up! Oh my god!” Robert whined and I glared over at him. Jerk.

---

“So, babe?” Wendy asked, plopping on the couch next to me after walking back down the hall from putting Lily to bed. I wrapped my arms around her and rested my head on her shoulder, smiling to myself as I took in the scent that I’d missed so much in the two weeks I’d been gone. God, I didn’t know it was possible to miss Wednesday any more than I had for the six years we were apart. But look at me now…

“Hm?” I asked, closing my eyes as she curled up in my arms and cuddled up against me.

“You don’t get more than a few weeks off until April, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Well what do you think about an April wedding?” she asked, bending her head to smile at me lightly. I grinned back, nodding and lifting my head up to kiss her softly.

“Sounds awesome, babe. I can’t wait.” She grinned back at me, kissing me again before she cuddled up to me once more and I returned my head to her shoulder, getting really quite comfortable. “Fuck, I missed you so much, Wednesday,” I murmured, nuzzling into her neck.

“I missed you too, Max. And so did Lily. But I think I missed you more,” she said. I could hear the smile in her voice and I couldn’t help but to smile as well. We sat in silence for a few more moments before she spoke up again. “I’m really not looking forward to December…” she murmured. I sighed and nodded, lifting my head a bit before I began leaning back on the couch and pulled her on top of me.

“Neither am I, if it makes you feel any better, sweetie,” I told her, moving a hand to stroke her hair softly. “But then I get to come home for three weeks. And I think you guys can come with us to LA if you want to for a week.”

“That would be awesome… And then you guys leave again for, what? A month?”

“Yeah… halfway across the fuckin’ world,” I frowned, squeezing her lightly before kissing the top of her head softly.

“Meh…lame…”

“I know. I second that. But hey, April is kinda just around the corner. Five more months.” I grinned at the thought of it only being five months until I was going to get married to the girl of my dreams. God…I just had to get through the time away from her and then we could be together forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this chapter... But I really like the beginning of it... I had fun writing it. But anyway, another update for you guys. I've been working on my other fan fictions, but none of them have quite gotten the attention that this one is getting. And that's probably because it's almost finished and I'm eager to get to the ending of it. <3 And also because my ass got sick (again) and I've been sleeping pretty much all day for the last three days... xP

Thank you to all my readers and all 83 of my subscribers. Also, thanks to xGlamourxKillsx, soochie, and IWillMakeYouScream for commenting and making me feel awesome with your comments. <3 I love you guys a lot.

Please comment / subscribe for me, I appreciate it! :D

The title for this chapter comes from the song "Walk on Water or Drown" by Mayday Parade.