Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

New Guy

It’s so good to be back. I still can’t believe that this is our last year here Lexi.” Leah said as we entered the lobby to our dorm.

Leah is my best friend and has been since freshman year. We met since we were roommates and have been ever since. We usually have to switch rooms with someone but as long as we’re together, we don’t care. Leah is not only my best friend but she is gorgeous. She has long blonde hair with natural highlights (which I envy so much). Her emerald green eyes are already amazing but they have a special sparkle to them when she stands in the sun. Since Leah is a soccer player you can figure out that, she has a nice body to match her looks. There are only two flaws that I can think of when it comes to Leah, first she can be a bit boy crazy at times and she is very gullible., other than that she’s perfect. Well except for the fact that I think she falls in love to easily which always ends the same but she refuses to take my advice (you will find out later why).

“I know what you mean we’ve been here so long it’s like our second home”

“I can’t imagine what its like to not have you as a roommate”

“I know I won’t have to hide my snacks anymore”

“Hey!”

I laughed and she soon joined me.

“What floor are we on?” she questioned once we stopped laughing.

I took the key card out of my denim pants pocket and looked at the number on the card. The card read 603, which meant that we were on the sixth floor. Considering that there are seven floors in the entire building, the sixth floor was a long way to walk. “Sadly the sixth”

She groaned while rolling her eyes. I smiled before pulling her towards the stairs. “Come on lazy we have a long way to go”

Once we reached the stairs, she completely stopped moving her feet. “I have an idea”

A raised an eyebrow at her before asking, “Which is?”

“I take the luggage and the elevator while you take the stairs, you can meet me up there” She replied with a smile.

I considered saying no but then thought about how much easier it would be to climb the stairs with no suitcase. She smiled knowing that I had given in. She grabbed my blue and black suitcase and began to walk towards the elevator. “See you upstairs,” she yelled over her shoulder.

I just shook my head before walking upstairs.

I guess now would be a good time to tell you about me, for starters my name is Alexis Crystal Jacobs. I’m a 17 year old girl who is 5’6” with brunette hair. My hair comes about ½ and inch past my collar bone, has natural wavy curls and matches the color of my eyes. Leah told me that my eyes look like the color of hot chocolate (the milk chocolate version), but I just laughed. To me my eyes look dull and brown. I play softball so I’m curvy except I think I have no ass. I always feel like taking that back whenever I catch a guy staring but then I look in the mirror and I know that it’s true.

I am a senior this year at Blackwood Boarding School. Yes the school cost a lot of money but my dad said that he wants the best for me and somehow managed to get enough money to send me here. I think my stepmother influenced his decision and she wanted me out of her hair but I didn’t care, I love it here. I think of the school as a college no parents dorm rooms and tons of people of the opposite sex. Yes the school it co-ed but who’s complaining. Of course as in any school, there are snobs but the school isn’t completely populated by them. I would consider myself popular but I had quite a few friends, not like most girls who only have three close friends.

I sound like your average teenage girl right, well there is one thing different about me from all other girls. I don’t believe in true love. I know you think I’m insane right, its okay I'm use to that reaction by now. With everything, that I’ve seen in my life there’s just no way, that true love exist. Besides most girls that fall in love end up heart broken anyway.

As I reached the sixth floor, I opened the door only to find people walking in and out of rooms, rolling suitcases and some just hanging out in the hallways. I wouldn’t expect any parents on this floor since most of the freshman are on the first floors of all the dorms with a few exceptions. My eyes landed on Leah leaning with her back against what I supposed was our room, as she smiled up at some guy talking to her. His face was unfamiliar to me but I could tell that he was flirting with Leah. What was no surprise to me was that Leah was flirting back. How do I know? She was smiling extremely hard but not showing any teeth and she would flip her hair every once and a while.

I decided to walk over and find out who this guy was. When I almost reached them, a hand grabbed my waist and pulled me inside a dorm room. I turned around ready to attack my kidnapper per say but instead I saw the smiling face of my best friend Chris. I immediately wrapped my arms around is neck and engulfed him in a hug.

“Oh my gosh I missed you so much, how was your summer?” I asked once we parted.

He shrugged while his smile never left his face. “Pretty good I guess but the best part was Florida, if you think spring break is good go down there for a week in the summer.”

I laughed and unwrapped my arms from his neck as he let go of my waist. “So how was your summer?” he asked.

Now it was my turn to shrug “Nothing eventful”

“No summer fling?”

“Nope” I replied while popping the p.

He chuckled.

“And who is this?” I heard a voice ask.

I turned around t find one of the hottest guys that I have ever seen, leaning in Chris’ doorway. He was tall dark and sexy. His shortly cut black spiky hair looked perfect with his tanned skin. His dark brown eyes were amazing and made me want some chocolate milk, I know weird but they did. His biceps were flexing as he leaned against the door and yes, they were amazing, especially against his black shirt. He must have seen me staring because he began to smirk. Even his smirk looked amazing on him.

“This is Alexis, Alexis this is Anthony,” Chris said.

“Hey” I replied.

He just nodded while giving me a quick look over.

Then I came to a realization that he was the guy Leah was talking to, so that means that he is off limits Alexis so just move on.

“Well I have to go. Leah standing outside wondering where I am and why I haven’t come to our room yet so see you guys later” I said as I walked past Anthony.

“You’re Leah’s roommate?” he asked.

I simply nodded and continued to walk towards my dorm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay thanks for reading and this is my first one so i would like to here from you guys. Anyway thanks for reading and message and rate please