Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Reuions

“And then we exchanged numbers and he said he will see me later, I wanted to just melt from his smile it was amazing Lexi” Leah gushed. She has been rambling on for at least 15 minutes talking about Anthony. She wasn’t even out there that long, how could she have so much to talk about from just 5 minutes. I managed to unpack half of my suitcase while she was talking.

“Are you listening Lexi?”

“Ugh yes, yes I am listening to you ramble on about your new crush who you find so amazing after 5 minutes” I said while falling onto my bed.

“I never said that I like him” I didn’t need to face her to hear her smile as she spoke.

“You didn’t have to. You just spent 15 minutes talking about him, any girl that does that likes the guy”

She laid down on the bed next to me. “I know but he’s new which means that there is a chance that I can get to him before anyone else”

“You’re so selfish,” I said with as I laughed.

“Well do you want him?”

“No”

“Okay then I’m going after him”

I laughed again and she joined me.

Leah and I were unpacking the rest of our stuff when we heard a knock at the door. I looked at her and she looked at me. “Rock paper scissors?” she asked.

“Nope. You have try-outs tomorrow miss soccer player, so lets work on getting you out of that lazy habit of yours that you oh so wonderfully developed once the season ended”

She stuck her tongue out at me before walking over to the door. As I returned to unpacking, I heard screams coming from the door. I immediately ran over to the door. I rolled my eyes at what I saw; Leah was hugging one of our best friends Sam, which is short for Samantha.

Samantha was another one of my close friends. She had red hair that came down to her shoulders. I have known her since freshman year also, but we weren’t roommates we just had Art together. Samantha’s personality fits the color of her hair. If you haven’t figured it out, she has a temper. Her temper will get even worse if you do something to hurt one of her friends, family or someone that she thought of as family. Samantha plays volleyball but she decided not to this year.

“Is there any room for me?” I asked. Leah and Sam pulled apart and motioned for me to come over to join the group hug, I did just that.

Sam laughed once we separated. “Ugh this sucks I’m on the 7th floor while you guys are below me, so much for sneaking out past curfew”

Leah and I laughed. In freshman year we had a curfew, so we never saw each other as much as we wanted to, to solve this probably we snuck into each others rooms past curfew. Since we are seniors, we don’t have a curfew this year in fact, only freshmen have curfews. “Just like old times”

“So who’s your roommate?” I asked as we entered our room.

“I don’t know she hasn’t come yet, she’s probably one of those people that come 2 days before school starts rather than a week before.”

I jumped on my bed and Sam followed suit. “Cannon ball” Leah shouted as she jumped on my bed. We all started laughing.

“Sam guess what?” Leah said

“What?”

“If you’re going to talk about Anthony again then please spare all of the minor details,” I said.

“Anthony? He sounds hot,” Sam, said completely ignoring my comment.

“And he is but Lexi here doesn’t want to admit it” Leah said.

I playfully stuck my tongue out at her and she did the same.

“So are you to dating, does he go here, is Lex crushing on him too come-on I need details here”

“Well no were not dating I just met him about an hour or so ago, so that answers your second question--”

“And no I’m not crushing on him too” I intruded.

“Good because I don’t want to have to choose between you two if you get into an argument over him”

“NOT EVEN!” Leah and I said in unison.

Sam just laughed before standing up. “Let’s go explore the campus, just to see if anything has changed”

“Well we know that the campus looks the same” Leah said.

“Well then let’s go show the guy freshmen what they can’t have,” I said as I jumped up next to Sam.

Leah jumped up after me “Sounds like fun” She linked her arm with Sam who linked her arm with mine. WE walked out of the room just like that (although I had to let go so we could fit through the door) until we reached outside the dorm.

As I walked along the campus just looking around memories flowed back to me as if I had never left. The memories were mostly good, but what are good memories without the bad ones. I was snapped out of my trance but Leah’s voice.

“Huh?” I asked.

“I said look at that fresh meat over there” she said as she pointed to a boy getting out of a black escalade.

“But look who’s getting out with him” Sam said.

I looked in that direction and saw another one of my best friends (yes I have many best friends go easy on a girl) Eric.

Eric was the closest of all my friends (besides Chris and Leah…okay he’s 3rd closest). Not only was he funny, but he knew when to be serious. I didn’t met Eric until 10th grade and even then, we barely saw each other, but last year I had all my classes with him.

This time it was my turn to scream; only it came out sounding like a squeal. I unlinked my arms from Sam and ran over to him. One he saw me he smiled and set his bag on the ground. He opened his arms and I ran into them, engulfing him in a hug (similar to Chris’ only tighter). He laughed and began to spin me around. I let out a carefree laugh as he did this.

He set me down on the ground and looked down at me “I take it you missed me too Lexis”

I hugged him again, smothering my fast into his chest. “You have no idea”

He laughed.

“Aww look the love birds are back together” I heard Sam say.

I turned around to face her and crossed my arms. “You no good and well why LOVE birds don’t exist”

“No you think LOVE birds don’t exist but they do and you two are living proof”

I rolled my eyes “You’re so delusional”

“You’re the one who hasn’t noticed Eric’s arms,” Leah said.

I looked down and noticed Eric’s right arm was still around my waist.

Eric quickly moved his arms. “Oh sorry about that I didn’t notice”

“Don’t worry she was just as fine with it as you are” Sam said.

I glared in her direction. I was about to speak but was cut off.

“So who are you friends bro?”

“Oh right. Guys this is my little brother Sean, he’s a freshman and Sean this is Leah, Sam and Alexis,” Eric said while pointing to us as he said our names.

Sean seemed like a cute freshman but in more of a little brother way than dating material. “Hey” we said in unison.

“And yes there all out of your league” Eric said to his brother.

Leah, Sam and I began to laugh. “You never know some girls like there men young” Sean said with a wink in our direction.

“Come back after you grow some facial hair” Sam said.

Before he could respond, a voice cut him off.

“Hey Eric what’s up?” Chris asked.

They did the guy hand shake as Eric said hey. Then I noticed that Anthony was standing behind Chris. Leah was staring at him as if he was the last bottle of water in a dry desert.

Sam nudged me. “Is that him?”

“Can’t you tell?”

I was about to respond when Eric cut me off “Hey Anthony”

“Wait you know him?” Leah and I asked in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay although there is only...less than 10 people reading this im still going to post. If i get to chapter 5 and its still like that then i don't know if i'll post anymore (i probaly will though). Anywho i would still like to hear from you guys so please message and rate. Thanks for reading. :-)