Status: Completed. YAY!!!!!

Love Is Only a Myth

Getting ready

I stood in front of my closet with my hands on my hips, in my baby blue bath robe with my hair soaking wet. I was staring into the closet waiting for something magical to happen. Anthony was taking me out tonight; of course, he wouldn’t tell me where we were going.

This only made me more nervous. Was it going to be something simple like a movie, or would it be something closer to dinner? I didn’t know how to dress for the occasion. I didn’t want to over dress but I didn’t want to be underdressed either. Couldn’t he have just told me what the occasion was or at least where we were going?

I heard the door to the room open but I didn’t budge. It was probably Leah since she was the only other person with a key. I heard Leah talking to someone else as she came in.

She stopped talking when she saw me in front of the closet. I could see Sam standing next to her out of my peripheral. Leah told me that she was going to go with Sam to the doctor today. Sam didn’t want to go alone, and she hadn’t told John yet. “So what’s the news?” I questioned still staring into my closet.

Sam walked towards my bed and plopped down face first. “It’s official,” Leah, said now standing next to me. “She’s about a month along”

I heard Sam’s muffled groan come from the bed. There was no turning back now. She was having this child. There was no way that we would allow her to have an abortion. Not only that but I know Sam better than that, she may say that she would do it but when it comes down to something as valuable as a life I knew that she wouldn’t do it. I just hoped that her parents wouldn’t make her do it either.

“But were going to focus on you right now” Leah said. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. “This is you and Anthony’s first date as a couple you have to look perfect”

“So he asked you out?” Sam asked now looking at me. She was still lying down on her stomach but she had lifted her head up so that her voice wouldn’t muffle when she spoke.

I nodded my head, told her that he asked me out yesterday before I sat down on the bed. “But I have no idea what to wear. He won’t tell me where he’s taking me so I have no idea how to dress”

“Well he’s not supposed to tell you” Leah began. “If he told you then it would ruin the surprise. Besides a guy that’s spontaneous is much better than a guy who not. Now I’ll help you pick out a dress and do your make-up—” “And I’ll do your hair” Sam interrupted.

This sounded like a good plan. Sam was great when it came to doing hair. I use to think that she would be a hairdresser when she grew up. Leah had great fashion since; the only thing that worried about was the make-up part. Leah could do make-up but I don’t really wear make-up. I prefer to go natural, occasionally I put on some lip-gloss but that’s it.

“Don’t worry I’m not going to make up do this all the time” Leah assured. I was still worried though. “Just do it for Anthony” Once she said that I gave up. I guess seeing his reaction to me wearing make-up would be worth it. That is if he noticed.

On that note, they went to work. Sam was doing something with my hair and Leah was going through my closet looking for something for me to wear. Eventually she gave up and walked over to her closet. She riffled through the closet as if she knew what she was looking for. Soon she pulled out a lilac dress. It was beautiful, it was on the formal side but it looked nice.

“I can’t wear that, it’s yours”

Leah shook her head and set the dress on the bed next to me. “You’re wearing that dress whether you like it or not, though I’m sure that you will like it. Now on to shoes”

I rolled my eyes as Sam grabbed the blow dryer before reaching for the flat iron. “Up or down?” she questioned as she grabbed my hair and held it up.

“Are you asking me?” I questioned. Sometimes when Sam’s doing my hair she thinks aloud so I don’t know whether I should answer or not.

“Nope” she said popping the p. She decided on down and let my brown hair fall.

After what seemed like hours, though it was only 30 minutes, we were finished. Sam had straightened my hair and side swept it. I was wearing the dress that Leah picked out along with some flats. I was wearing some pink and purple eye shadow, along with some lip gloss (strawberry flavored I might add).

I had to admit that my friends did nice work. I honestly couldn’t believe that it was my reflection staring back at me in the bathroom mirror. I never look this girly, yet pretty. I touched the mirror wondering if this was really me or my mind telling me what I wanted to look like. The reflection mimicked me. This was real.

There was a knock at the door. My heart began to race to about 100mph. It felt like it was going to jump out of my chest and land on the floor. My throat was becoming dry. I couldn’t describe how nervously anxious I was. I wanted to see his reaction yet I didn’t want anything to go wrong.

“He’s here,” Leah happily said before running to the door.

Sam rolled her eyes. “She’s acting like it’s for her. I better go make sure that she doesn’t do anything stupid like pull out a camera” she turned on her heel following Leah to the door.

I swallowed trying to make my throat less dry. There was no turning back now. I couldn’t come up with an excuse and say that I was sick or that I ate some bad food for lunch. Please let this date be perfect, please don’t let me do anything stupid, please God please.

Suddenly Leah appeared in the doorway of the bathroom. “What are you doing still standing there? Your man is waiting for you,” she said before grabbing my wrist and dragging me to the front door.

Anthony was standing in the doorway talking to Sam, who was holding the door open. I saw that he was wearing a navy blue button up shirt that was rolled up to his elbows, and black dress pants. Okay, so I didn’t over dress to much….hopefully.

He looked up at me then back at Sam before doing a double take. His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped slightly. His eyes began to scan me over.

I blushed and looked down at the floor. I guess I did look as good as I thought. I looked back up to find Sam glancing back and forth between Anthony and me with a smile on her face. She took her index finger and closed his jaw. “Drooling isn’t attractive”

“I wasn’t drooling,” he said while coming out of his trance. He then turned his head and wiped the corner of his mouth. I giggled in response. I noticed that I only giggle when Anthony’s around, and I’m not doing it on purpose. I just can’t help it. Can you blame me though?

“Sure you weren’t” Sam replied.

Anthony was now standing there with a huge smile on his face. He was smiling at me. I couldn’t help but smile back. I adore his smile. “So you don’t think that it’s too much?” I questioned.

“No” he immediately said as he shook his head. “You look……..wow”

I felt myself blush again as I looked down at my shoes.

“Okay you two have fun,” Leah said while pushing me towards Anthony. Sam then pushed Anthony out into the hallway.

“And don’t do anything that you’re going to regret” Sam said before closing the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took so long to post this but i was doing work and stuff.....anyways.

If you want to see Alexis' outfit than click on the link below
http://www.polyvore.com/first_date/set?id=15784172

Check out my new story Physical attraction. I'm writing it with a friend. Yup that's write 2 authors.

Lastly, Comment people. Please show me some love. It makes me feel good lol bye for now