Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Niki's Bonding

Niki opened the front door and walked inside shutting it behind her. She heard heavy footsteps progressing towards her. She peered into the living room when she was suddenly being consumed by Tre's body causing her to drop everything.

"Niki, I thought you were eaten by bears! Why were you gone so long?" He squeezed her tight nearly smothering her in his bare chest.

"Can't breathe, choking!"

He released his grip slight and she exhaled.

"Well, I was browsing around when someone tapped me on the shoulder and it was a guy I went to high school with. We talked for about half an hour and I finished my shopping. Sorry to worry you."

"It wasn't that bad," he pulled back, "I wanted a good excuse to hug you tight." He winked.

Her face flushed and they picked up the groceries. After putting them away they sat down on the couch to watch tv. They sat in silence for a few moments until Niki broke it.

"You know, it's not a crime to hug me," she smirked not averting her eyes from the tv. "I won't protest it. Especially in this case."

"Sounds good to me."

He wrapped his arms around her torso and laid his head on her shoulder.

"What about this?" he asked.

"Sure."

She felt his cheek bones rise against her shoulder.

"What about this?"

His hand moved across her hip down to her thigh slowly. She tilted her head to look at him.

"You're testing me."

"Duh," he grinned.

"Two can play at that game, Mister."

"Ooh." He wiggled his eyebrows.

She seductively snaked her arms around his waist and moved her hands to his sides. He grinned, then she started tickling her. He started tickling her back until they were wiggling around so much they fell in the floor. Niki landed on her arm, Tre on his head. They lay in the floor breathing heavily. Niki rolled over on her back.

"Well, that was fun."

"Yeah, sure," Tre said into the carpet.

"You know you liked it." She playfully slapped his arm.

"Actually, this is what I like."

He pushed himself up with his arms and laid on top of Niki straddling her hips.

"Really now, I like Baconators," she grinned.

"Well, this is a pleasant surprise," they heard calling from the doorway.

Trey looked up and Niki tilted her head back until they were in view. Billie stood in the door, arms crossed, propped up against the door frame grinning from ear to ear.

"Dude, ever heard of knocking? I'm working here."

"Tre, this is California, who knocks? And exactly how many times have you barged in my house the past two years alone?" Billie asked.

"You've got a point. Well, what are you needing?"

"I was wondering if you had a cup of sugar," he joked.

"What?!"

"Kidding. I was just coming over to get my Nintendo 64 back. I bought some games and wanted to play them with the kids."

"It's in the basement hooked up."

"Don't do anything while I'm here, wait until I leave. I cherish my sleep at night."

Niki chuckled and looked back up at Tre hovered over her face.

"I'm beginning to really like this." She grinned.

He grinned and wiggled his brows. It was silent for a couple of seconds until they heard Billie bolting to the door.

"Thanks, bye!" he called as the door slammed shut. They chuckled.

"Now, where were we?" Tre asked wiggling his brows.

"Getting ready to go get something to eat."

Tre groaned. Niki gave a wide smile knowing he couldn't say no.

He sighed. "Fine, but you owe me."

"Yes, because we're dating." She giggled.

"Might as well be. How long have you lived here now?"

She shrugged.

"Living in this house has it's requirements. You're a woman so you must be nice to my second brain and hormones."

"Yeah, right." She laughed.

"And if you didn't like me, would you act like that around me?"

She turned her head so he couldn't see her blush. He pinched her cheek lightly.

"C'mon, let's go," he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't think of a title for this one, but this would have to do. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.