Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Step One

Niki was in her studio putting up new white curtains over her new backdrop when the front door opened.

"Just a moment, I'll be right with you."

She finished ruffling the curtain and began to turn around. "Hello-oh," she said in awe.

"Hello, my boys and I would like some pictures," the woman said.

"No we don't, mom, you dragged us here," the older boy said. The younger one agreed with an angry nod.

Niki's expression didn't change except her eyebrows that raised slightly, mouth still slightly open. 'What is with this week and all these people?,' she thought to herself.

"Yes, yes, just let me get my catalog."

Niki grabbed the catalog off the counter next to the register and set it on the counter next to her. She browsed through the poses and packages as Niki took her order. After the order was taken, Niki walked over to the backdrops and let her choose of the assortment. She chose her preferred backdrops with a little help from the boys and Niki set up their first photo set.

"So, where is Billie?" Niki asked.

"He's out with the guys," she replied.

"Hm, well Mike came in here about three days ago with his girlfriend. While we were picking out backdrops she glared at me a couple times." She shrugged.

"Yeah, she can be like that. I've only seen it once or twice, but sometimes I wonder why it pushes her buttons for women to get around him because she should know what she was getting into before they started dating."

"Yeah, seriously."

Niki went through all the sets for Adrienne's preferred package and printed out the photos, put them in the envelope, and handed it to her.

"Thank you. What was your name again?"

"Niki."

"Niki," she repeated. "Thank you, Niki." She smiled.

"Come again."

"After seeing these we probably will," she chuckled. "Bye."

'That was odd. If it was a different celebrity or something I wouldn't question anything, but two people associated with Green Day in the same week is weird in my book with them being one of my favorite bands and all. I've been here for a few years and they just now come.' She shrugged at the thought.

"She's nice, I like her," Adrienne said to the guys who were all sitting in the living room.

Tre looked up at her and tilted his head with a grin. "So, that worked. What should we do next?"

They all looked at each other and pondered their thoughts.

"Maybe we can just drop it and move on with our lives," Mike called from the kitchen table. Mike was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Dude, you know you don't like either Niki or Jennifer. We're just curious," Tre said.

Billie cut in, "Yeah, we're just trying to help you get rid of Jennifer without her setting your house on fire."

"And checking out this girl why? I thought you were just supposed to get me an alibi."

"Well we can't just come out and say, 'Hey, do you like Mike?' Of course she'll say no! I should know!" Adrienne commented.

Billie raised his brow at Adie's comment. "What? How is that?"

"I'm a woman, duh."

Billie rolled his eyes and turned to look at the blank tv.

"We'll leave her alone and fix this whole Jennifer situation. Don't worry, we'll figure something out," Adrienne assured. Mike nodded and stared at the mug in hand sitting on the table.

Suddenly the door opened and Jennifer hollered, "Hey guys. What's going on?"

"Thanks for knocking." The sarcasm rang in Jennifer's ears and she sneered. "We need to talk."

Mike looked up at her and then at the others. He sighed and said, "I'll catch you guys later."

Jennifer wrapped her arm around his elbow and they walked out the door.

"I really don't like her. She needs to find someone else to mooch off of," Adrienne commented.

"Really," Billie and Tre replied simultaneously.

"We have to help him, poor guy."

"I'd hate having a jealous bitch biting my ass every time I glance at another woman walking in my direction," Billie said.

"Remember Renee?" Tre asked.

"Oh yeah."

Adie grinned. "So, how are we going to get rid of her?"

Billie and Tre looked at each other. Tre put his chin in his hand and Billie looked at the floor.

"We're in a load of shit here," Tre said. Billie and Adie nodded in agreement.

"Mom, Jakob won't give me the controller!" Joey screamed from upstairs.

"Jakob, stop it! Give it back!" Billie hollered back.

"But dad-"

"No! If he had it first you had no business taking it!"

"Thank you, hun."

Tre's face lit up and he looked at the two with a grin painted across his face. "We can have her babysit the kids while we all go on tour.

"What good would that do?" Billie asked.

"It's step one of driving her crazy."

"Thanks. Now I know my kids are wild and can't be controlled," Adie commented.

"They listen to their parents. Tell them to do their best." Tre winked.

Billie and Adie looked at each other then slowly grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had a little fun with this chapter. It should be pretty fun from here on out for me. Hope you guys enjoy it.