Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

Hey #3

Jack stared wide eyed at Chase and she did the same, stumbling out of his bed taking his blanket with her covering her bare frame. Jack stifled a laugh at her modesty although he'd seen her in all her glory twice now, and at the fact that she had left him completely exposed on his bed.
"Ja-aack!" Jasyn's voice sounded again and she kept pounding on the door.
Chase hopped a little bit in excitement waiting for direction and Jack laughed aloud as he answered his sister, "Ho-Hold on Jase," Jack jumped up still chuckling and placing on a pair of boxers while Chase pointedly looked away childishly, Jack placed a soft kiss on her forehead before gently pushing her into the closet, and turning to unlock and open his bedroom door.
Chase could only go by what she heard from the closet, and she wished should could see their facial expressions. Wrapping the blanket tighter around her she silently sat on the floor waiting.
"I have been looking for the chance to apologize to you..." Jasyn trailed off and Chase couldn't hear Jack reply verbally seemingly waiting for more.
"What you do with your life is your choice...I just want to fit into it somewhere," Jasyn's voice nearly cracked, and Chase was shocked that the girl let her walls down at all, and she heard a shuffle assuming that Jack had leaned over to hug his sister.
"You'll always be in my life. You're my baby sister." Jack promised softly and Chase smiled hearing a smile in Jack's voice. She was glad that the siblings had made up, she knew that the fact that they were fighting was eating each of them alive.
Chase was anxious at the silence that enveloped the room, and began to chew on her fingernails and cuticles.
"You know," Jasyn's voice finally said breaking the silence, and Chase leaned forward to listen in better, "You were right about the Gaskarths."
"I was right? whoa-ho-ho. When did hell freeze over?" Jack had a taunting tone in his voice.
Chase heard a low thwackwhich she assumed was Jasyn swatting at her brother, but she listened in intently since they were speaking of her and her family.
"I mean, Chase isn't horrible. God kill me if she ever knew, but I kind of...like her. Like if she wasn't her the two of us might even be friends." Chase smiled, and Jasyn continued, "And Alex, I like him too," Jasyn finished simply.
"Well I don't know about Alex, but Chase is a good person," Chase covered her eyes in embarrassment as she read right into Jack's very sly gloating that was much more of a sexual innuendo then Jasyn would at the time understand.
"Ok..anyway," Chase heard Jasyn say skeptically then she heard a bed squeak signalling someone getting up. "I'm going to leave now, but by the way..."
Chase held her breath, she knows, she knows, she knows, the paranoid voice in her head kept repeating. Jack must have been thinking the same thing or similar thoughts because he remained silent too.
Finally, Jasyn chuckled lightly Chase heard her say, "Nice bra," before she heard Jack's bedroom door shut, and not even a moment later Jack was in front of her throwing open the closet door with a smile.
"That was close huh," Jack smiled and Chase tried to smile in return but part of her feared that he only wanted her for the adrenal, for the chase and now that he'd had her Chase feared that he wouldn't want her anymore, and that would devastate her.
"Yeah," she said all nerves now, she slipped past Jack and his grin turned into a face of confusion as he watched her with his eyes. She dropped the blanket down to her hips, facing away from jack as she slid her bra on.
"What's wrong?" Jack asked staring at Chase's back and the three freckles that seemed to be in a constellation on her shoulder blade. The same constellation he had kissed lightly when they woke up together only minutes earlier, yet everything had changed and Jack could feel the new tension in the air.
"Nothing," Chase's voice was flat as she slid her underwear on and dropped the blanket as she searched for her sweater and leggings.
"Whoa, whoa Chase," Jack had a smile and lightly grabbed the girl's wrist and pulled her close to him wrapping his arms around her bare torso. "Babe, what happened in three minutes?" He tried to kiss her lightly on the lips but Chase slightly turned her head so Jack got her cheek and jawline which actually drove Chase crazy.
"Bored yet?" Chase asked pulling away seeing her leggings strewn over Jack's computer chair.
"Bored of what, I'm lost," Jack closed his eyes and sighed.
"Me, this," Chase pulled her leggings up and threw one of Jack's zip up hoodies on over her bra and leggings since she couldn't find her sweater.
Jack blew air out of his mouth in an irritated anger, "I don't get you, we finally get together, I finally get you, and things should be perfect and now you're storming out? What is this?"
"I'm waiting for you to get bored. You had me, you won. And right now this whole secretive and hiding game is fun, but what happens when it get's old?"
Jack's eyes flashed with a sudden realization and he laughed, literally laughed aloud.
"Yeah, right. I want you. How many times in how many different ways do I have to say it?" He asked. "I'll tell the whole world if you want," He opened up his mouth widely and filled his lungs as if about to cry out to the whole world. "I WANT-" Chase covered Jack's mouth with her hand.
"Ok, ok," she said feeling better but not completely convince.
"Be my girlfriend." the way Jack said it was a demand more then a request and it shocked Chase, who's mouth went agape a bit, "Secret, or worldwide, I don't care, I just want you to be mine, only mine."
"If you will be mine and only mine," Chase countered back standing on her tiptoes to reach up to Jack's lips and peck them to which Jack used his hold on Chase to lift her up to his level.
Chase couldn't remember the last time she'd been so happy, she wanted to jump for joy and tell everyone. Hopefully they would be just as happy as she and Jack were.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler of cutesy stuff,
but at least IT'S OFFICIAL! c;
comment for next chapter.
Includes:
some Alex/jasyn stuff,
and someone;s revelation of the secret affair.