‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

Mixed

We went straight bed after we got finished with the wedding plans. We sat there for hours, discussing everything from the color flowers to where everyone was going to sit. Nick was too adorable, the way his eyebrows knitted together, his eyes shining and his lips pouting out when he made sure everything was going to be the way we wanted.

I walked into the room, leaning up against the door, watching Nick at the edge of the bed with his guitar and notepad. His eyebrows were knitted together in concentration, his sleeves rolled up, his hands moving swiftly. I bit my lip, remembering the talk we had yesterday in the car. He hadn’t been distant towards me, in fact, before we went to sleep, he repeated how much he loved me.

Sighing, I slowly moved forward, listening to the music coming out of his mouth.

“Girl you got me goin’ crazy, knock me off my feet. Now you got me beggin’ baby, beggin’ baby please…” he sang to himself, writing another verse down. He was beautiful.

“Nick,” I whispered, watching his head snap up, a small smile playing his lips.

“Hey baby,” he smiled, setting his pencil down. I felt my heart flutter at the word. It wasn’t often that he called me that, but when he did it was always so sweet.

“New song?” I smiled, giggling when he pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist after putting the guitar on the ground.

“Yeah,” he smiled shyly, pushing the tablet off the bed.

“I can’t see?” I laughed, rubbing my hand up and down his chest slowly. I felt him freeze and shake his head.

“Not yet,” he said softly, pressing his lips to mine. It was sweet and slow, but it triggered something in me, and I knew now was the time to go at him.

I deepened the kiss, hoping that the first time of me taking the lead would be okay. His hands gripped me tighter, surprise filling him as I grazed my tongue over his sweet lips. He let out a soft moan, his hands traveling up the back of my shirt, sending shivers down my spine. Trying to hold in a gasp, I pulled him closer, pulling his tight shirt over his head, breaking the kiss for a minute.

“Mitchie,” he breathed, his eyes holding what he wanted, but confusion sweeping over him too.

“It’s hard for me too,” I breathed, moaning as he pressed his lips to my neck, kissing up and down teasingly. I let out a shaky breath, gripping him tighter.

“Are you okay?” he whispered, not sure why my breathing was uneven right away. I felt my cheeks heat up as his hands moved circles on my thighs, warming me up.

“You just make me nervous, that’s all,” I whispered truthfully, watching his eyes gleam, a small smirk taking over his lips.

“Mhm,” he mumbled, pressing his lips to mine. His tongue grazed over my bottom lip, my mouth automatically opening with a small moan due to where his hands were moving.

Moving forward, without breaking the kiss, I pushed him down onto the bed, one hand in his soft, bouncy curls and the other creeping up his tone chest from under his shirt. He let out a whimper of his own, lifting himself up as I tugged on his shirt, throwing it over his head. His hands pushed the hair away from my neck gently, pressing his lips back down hungrily, sucking on the spot that got the most tiny bruises I’ve ever had. My eyes fluttered closed, his hands unbuttoning the over shirt I had on; it was his.

“Have I ever told you that I love you in my clothes?” he mumbled, his hot breath massaging my chest as he unbuttoned it all the way, pulling it off my arms. I let off a shy smile, another small moan coming from my mouth as he lowered me onto my back, his lips trailing soft kisses down to my stomach. I pulled him up, grabbing the buckle on his pants quickly. I didn’t know why I’d wait so long for this. If I really thought about, it wasn’t too long since the last time… but it was definitely long enough if you just looked at him.

A moan grew at the back of his throat when I pulled off his tight pants, his hands ripping off my own. Drawing his lips back down to mine, he stopped the intensity for just a moment, making the kiss romantic, showing me that this was out of love like every other time, and I knew it was. I pulled him closer, his hands brushing my cheeks before running down my shoulders to my back, his fingers pushing under my bra, swinging around to the front to pull it off. I didn’t know why I always reacted the way I did, but every little touch made my head spin and my heart flutter, not to mention my shortage of breath. Pulling it down, his eyes searched mine almost hungrily, but I could see the love, and I almost smile, pushing it back with another moan as his head ducked down, his lips grazing over my chest.

My hands moved down to his boxers, another breathy moan escaping his parted lips, his muscles flexing in his arms as he held me up, planting multiple kisses on my lips. We froze, hearing his phone vibrate loudly on the table, the light flashing. I let out a sigh, letting my hands drop in defeat, but he didn’t move, he just pressed his lips against mine, trailing down my cheek and back down my neck. The vibrating kept going and so did he.

“Nick,” I gasped, trying to point to his phone. What if it was important? I started not to care when his lips drug down my chest, his hands gripping my waist closer to his.

“I don’t care if it’s the president offering me his job, you’re more important,” he mumbled, swiping his hand over the table, the phone clanking to the ground. I smiled up at him, pressing my lips back to his, his body pressing me down into the bed with a moan.

[&&]

I kept my eyes closed, a smile on my lips as I listened to Nick’s settling heartbeat, his hand running over my cheek repeatedly, calming my own heartbeat down. He was propped up slightly, holding me to his chest with the covers wrapped around our bodies tightly, neither of us wanting to move.

“Hey Mitchie,” he whispered, gently pulling my chin to look into his soft, caring eyes. The eyes I had fallen in deep love with.

“Yes?” I whispered, bringing my hand up to play with his curls. He smiled sweetly, moving his lips to hover over mine.

“I love you.” every time those words left his mouth, my heart skipped a beat, a wide smile always spreading across my lips.

“I love you too,’ I whispered back, kissing him lightly. He always added that passion that I got lost in.

I shifted in the bed, tightening my grip on the covers, pressing my back into his side. He let out a chuckle, pushing his hands through the opening of the sheet, wrapping his arms around my waist, his hands resting on my stomach gently. Placing a small kiss to my temple, he pulled me closer, resting his head on top of mine, settling in a comfortable silence.

“Shouldn’t you check your phone now?” I mumbled, feeling myself grow tired. Every time Nick and I made love, we always slept for a little afterward it seemed like, and now I knew why: it was completely tiring. I felt my cheeks heat up, knowing it was always amazing… this one seeming a little more than others if I had to pick.

“I guess so,” he sighed. I let out a small laugh, pulling forward to grab his phone off the floor, the screen flashing a new voicemail. He nuzzled his face into my neck before I could pull up, his chest pressing up against my back. His lips placed tiny kisses to my skin. “Check it, please?” he mumbled, his eyes shutting, holding me close.

I put the phone on speaker, holding it out for us to listen. My eyebrows furrowed when a female voice sounded.

“Hey Nick. I never called for yesterday. That was amazing and I think we should get together again,” a girls voice giggled, my heart freezing. My eyes traveled to Nick’s surprised face, tears coming to my eyes immediately. “Anyway, call me back babe. Bye-bye.”

I stared at him in shock, feeling my heart shattering immediately. Was he cheating on me? His eyes were confused and hurt when I pushed him away, throwing the phone at his chest. Jumping up, I wrapped the blanket around me, rushing over to the edge of the bed to grab my underclothes.

“Mitchie… what are you doing?” he finally asked, his voice shaking as he jumped up, pulling his boxers on.

“Leave me alone,” I grumbled, trying to hold back my tears. His hands gripped my shoulders gently, but I pushed him away.

“Don’t you dare touch me!” I yelled, watching his whole body go limp, his eyes glazing over.

“I don’t even know who that is-”

“Sure. Right, because you just didn’t get a call from some whore, asking to meet up again-”

“Listen, please!” he begged, he hands grabbing for me.

“No,” I sobbed, trying to push myself out the bedroom door.

“Mitchie! I’m not lying. I’ve never lied to you, never done anything for you not to trust me! I love you, listen to me!” he yelled, his soft voice quivering with stress. I paused, taking in his words. He had never done anything to upset me… and I felt like I needed to listen.

“What, Nick? What could you possibly say? Who the hell is she?”

“What?” he asked in disbelief, his eyes growing hard as he gripped his head.

“You were gone yesterday, for a couple hours during the wedding planning. What were you ?” I ordered, biting my lip as his chest heaved up and down angrily.

“I can’t even believe you’re asking me this. You think I’m cheating on you, huh Mitchie? I’m marrying you! You’re carrying my child! I love you more than anything! Do you honestly look down on me that much? Do you doubt that when I gave you that engagement ring, it didn’t mean it?” he yelled suddenly, his lip quivering.

“Then explain to me why whoever that was just called you? Explain it to me!” He was quiet, shaking his head, his mouth moving, but no words coming out. I let my tears fall, gripping the blanket tighter. “You can’t,” I sobbed, flinging my hand to my face. I immediately felt his arms around me and I wanted so badly to press myself against his warmth. He way his arms held me, so perfectly, but it wasn’t okay. “Don’t,” I breathed, trying to push him away, wiping my tears with my hands.

“Please. Don’t push me away,” he sobbed suddenly, holding out his hands weakly. I stared at him, seeing the beautiful guy I loved. There wasn’t something right about this. “If I did do something, why would I let you answer the phone? You can go check that message… go see who I’ve called. My mom, my brothers, Abby, Danni… go ask Mike where we were yesterday, please. I was with Joe and Mike… talking to them, and we were only a little late because we ran into Blake. He insisted on talking to me, I didn’t want to start anything, so I stayed. Please…I would never do that. I-I love you,” he pleaded, gripping at his curls, his eyes showing honesty.

“Then who was that?” I whispered, looking down at my feet.

“I don’t know. I don’t know, really. Please Mitchie, don’t do this with me.” He ran into the bedroom, coming out as fast as he can. “Look… look at the phone, call Joe, call Mike, call Blake if you want… just don’t think I would do that to you. You’re the only one I’ve been with, the only one I want. I’m not a screw up,” he sighed, pushing the phone into my hand. I looked down on it, closing my eyes slowly.

“Nick…” I trailed off, looking back up at his broken figure. “Keep talking, please.” He looked at me in confusion, shaking his head.

“I don’t know what else to say…” he begged me with his eyes, asking me to just believe him. Something clicked in my mind.

“You said you saw Blake, right?” He nodded slowly, trying to figure out where I was going. “The last time you two talked… I heard him saying something about me-” I stopped, seeing his eyes widen, his breathing softening.

“He… he asked me for my number, and I gave it to him. I remember Joe asking if he had gotten a girlfriend yet, and he said he was still with Missy… that was her,” he looked at me, biting his lip.

“That’s her voice,” I whispered, holding out his phone. “I-I’m sorry… I’m sorry I blamed you.” He shook his head, pulling me in for a hug, kissing my lips repeatedly. “It just never really made sense why you liked me so much… why you loved me out of everyone you could’ve had,” I sobbed again, wondering why everything was happening so fast.

“I do, though. I love you so much, for so many reasons. You need to trust me, please,” he whispered, holding me even tighter. “I didn’t know I could hurt that much,” he chuckled dryly, pressing his lips to my forehead. “You need to trust me, baby, please,” he said softly, allowing me to just fall into his arms.

“I’m just scared of losing you, now more than ever,” I sighed, looking up into his relieved eyes.

“That was our first fight, wasn’t it?” he smiled slightly. “It was short, but it was our first, and I think it’s already making us stronger.

“I don’t want to fight with you, though Never,” I smiled, swiping my fingertips of his smooth cheek, gripping his chin in my hand. His eyes sparkled and I didn’t know why I even believed it. “Why were you with Joe, though?” I smiled, raising an eyebrow.

“We, uh, were talking about the honeymoon…” he blushed, looking down at me. “You don’t get to know, it’s a surprise.”

“Okay,” I whispered, pulling him close. “You know, you really did scare me.”

“I would never do anything to hurt you. Ever, ever, ever,” he murmured in between kisses. He pulled away suddenly, his eyes dark. I knew what he was thinking.

“Nick… don’t do anything stupid-”

“I need to talk to him. Do you realize what he could have done. He wanted you to leave me… I-I don’t know what I’d do if you didn’t believe me,” he grumbled, pulling away, but I grabbed him closer. He looked like he was going to cry again, and I couldn’t stand it.

“Nick, don’t,” I mumbled, pressing my face into his neck. “It’s okay… I believe you. I love you. You need to stay here with me. Even if it were true… I don’t think I’d be able to leave you, I really love you too much.” He watched me with a small smile, holding me up against his bare, strong chest.

“Thank you. I love you so much.”

The phone began to ring, making us both jump. He let out an aggravated sigh, his eyes looking down at it, his arms never letting me go. His eyebrows knitted together, his eyes locked on the screen as e answered.

“Hello?” his voice answered, the sound going back to calm. “Oh… oh? Really? Yeah, that’d be great. Thank you!” he grinned, hanging up quickly.

“What?” I laughed, moving my hands through his curls.

“Good news, bad news,” he started, sighing. “I’m going to California to finish up there and transfer back to New York,” he smiled, his lips hovering over mine. “I’m guaranteed recording here.”

“Wow… something amazing, then a horrible misunderstanding, and now good news again… what kind of a mixed day is this?” I giggled, kissing his cheek. “I’m so proud of you, but what’s the bad news?”

“I’m leaving tomorrow morning,” he sighed, biting his lip. “It’s horrible timing… I don’t want you thinking that I’m going to do something.”

“I know, I shouldn’t have gotten so emotional so quickly. I just can’t think of sharing you,” I blushed, looking into his deep eyes.

“You don’t ever have to. I’m all yours,” he mumbled against my lips, his hot breath sending that excitement through me. It was as id Blake had never been such a jerk and set that up, and I wanted to keep it that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is poorly written, but we're getting closer to the wedding.
Next ones will be skipping farther ahead.
COMMENTS?