‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

November 30th

I sat myself up on the bed, my eyes looking over at Nick’s sleeping figure. He was lightly snoring, his arms wrapped around a large pillow, his curls a mess. I smiled, watching his chest rise up and down when he turned onto his back, a low grumble escaping his lips. I couldn’t sleep, waking up a too early. I felt uneasy, a little sick, but that was to be expected still, especially since I wasn’t used to it. I knew I was hungry, but I didn’t want to get up in case I woke him, and he looked so peaceful, so angelic.

I let out a sigh, sliding down into the bed, turning on my side to face Nick. He turned again, his eyebrows knitting together, his arm stretching across the blanket as he snuggled his face back into the, trying to get comfortable while still asleep. I grabbed the pillow from underneath his arm, pulling it away. His arm hit my leg and he stirred a little, scooting somewhat closer to me, as if he knew I was awake. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, snuggling his face in the crook of my neck. I tried to hold back a laugh at how cute this was, but I somewhat failed, feeling his breath blow out, a shiver running down my spine.

“Mitchie,” he mumbled, his lip grazing my neck. I knew he was definitely awake now, a yawn escaping his mouth when he pulled away, sitting himself up on his elbows.

“Yeah?”

He turned his head to face me, smiling sweetly before shrugging.

“Sorry for waking you. I couldn’t sleep,” I said softly, fixing the pillow behind my back.

“It’s not a big deal, I think I was about to wake up anyway,” he breathed, moving to wrap his arms around me. I smiled, burying my head in his chest, taking in his scent. It wasn’t cologne, it was natural. He smelled like… almost like a sugary smell, and I smiled even wider. He ran his hand over my hair, flattening out the mess as he let out a breath, his heartbeat calming me further. “How long have you been up?” he yawned again, turning his head to face the clock on the small nightstand. It was now that I wished to move into that incredible house.

“I don’t know… what time is it now?”

“Eight,” he answered, playing with my hair absentmindedly.

“Umm… I think since six,” I shrugged, hearing him chuckle.

“Doing what? Why?”

I bit my lip, moving my head to look up at him comfortably. “I felt sick again, but I feel fine now. I was… just watching you sleep. That doesn’t sound creepy, right?” I asked nervously. He let out that musical laugh again, shaking his messy curls.

“Course not. We are getting married soon, I do the same thing when I wake up,” he smiled sheepishly, bending down to kiss my cheek. “Are you hungry?” he asked suddenly, jumping out of bed. My eyes traveled down to his low riding pants, the elastic of his boxers peeking through. I felt myself blush, adverting my eyes to his stretching torso, the muscles flexing. I smiled, watching him run a hand through his messy hair, rubbing his eyes, trying to wake himself up.

“Yeah, actually. I am,” I laughed, seeing him smile.

“I’ll cook something,” he offered, his dark eyes gleaming.

“Sure. Cooking sounds great. Do you need any help?” I questioned, standing myself up, pulling down my shirt. I watched his cheeks go pink, his eyes quickly traveling up to mine.

“Nope. I got this,” he smiled, leaning in to kiss the corner of my mouth as I walked by, pulling him into a loose hug, staring into his soft eyes.

“You are perfect, you know that, right?” I questioned, watching his cheeks heat up again. He smiled shyly, moving his hand up to up my cheek.

“I could say the same about you,” he murmured, taking a step back. I shook my head, unable to stop smiling as he made his way into the kitchen.

[&&]

“This is really good. I don’t if I just forgot you could cook… or if I even knew,” I giggled, taking another bite of the omelet he made. He smiled at me, pleased with my compliment.

“I don’t know either, but mom taught me awhile ago. She actually taught me how to bake cookies, we should try it sometime,” he smiled, taking a sip of his milk. I looked at him thoughtfully, picturing him making cookies, it had to be the cutest thought.

“We should definitely bake something. My grammie would love it we made something for her to try,” I laughed, biting my lip soon after.

“We still have to tell her…” he trailed off, his eyes darting to my stomach.. I still wasn’t showing, but I remembered what Nick said. It could be even sooner than his mom’s guesses.

“I honestly think she’ll be happy. I mean, she completely loves you and she’ll want to think of herself as a great-grandma. When I was little, she used to always be around. She loves kids,” I sighed, getting up to put the plate in the small sink. Nick followed, sensing my sudden sadness. His hand rubbed over my back, his head on my shoulder. “I just wish gramps was here, you know?” I cracked, feeling emotions run back to me, but Nick was there and ready for any type of a breakdown.

“He’s watching, right now. I never met him, but I can just picture him smiling down at you. He’s up there, watching over you right now,” he whispered, pulling me into his chest comfortingly.

“Why are you always right?” I laughed, pulling away to kiss his cheek. He smiled, ruffling my hair. I scoffed, pushing his hand away, only lacing our fingers together.

“I’m going to take a shower. What do you want to do, though?” he cleared his throat, placing his other hand in mine, swinging them slowly.

“I’m not sure…” I trailed off, closing one eye to think. He laughed, brushing his thumbs over my hands.

“We can either go talk to Abby about the wedding or just hang out here?” he shrugged. “Whatever you want.”

“I want to just hang out with you… but I’m thinking we should call her up, have her meet us somewhere to talk?”

“Sounds good,” he mumbled, pressing his lips to mine softly, moving his lips slowly against mine. I held back a groan when he pulled away, leaving me wanting more to go take his shower.

[&&]

“Did you call her?” he asked, fixing the collar on his shirt. I looked up from the TV, smiling at his appearance: he was always so… beautiful. I don’t know how many times I thought it, but it was true.

“Yeah. We’re meeting her at the church, actually. She already talked to the preacher and he agreed to let us see it today, to get the feel of what we want, you know?” I asked, grabbing the hand he held out for me.

“That’s good. It’s really beautiful, I think you’ll like it,” he smiled, handing me my coat and my purse. I gave him a thank you with a kiss on the lips, my tongue tasting coke.

“Did you just drink a soda?” I laughed, watching him close and lock my apartment door, slipping his hand into mine after shrugging on his jacket.

“Maybe,” he smirked, pulling me a little closer as people passed.

“It’s ten in the morning and you already had a soda? You are addicted,” I laughed, pushing the elevator button.

“That’s not true, I’m only addicted to one thing,” he smirked.

I watched him warily, setting one hand on my hip as the elevator doors opened, Nick leading us in and pushing the lobby button. “And what’s that Mr. Jonas?” I questioned, trying to hold back my laugh.

“That’d be Mitchie Johnson,” he smirked, my heart beating faster. I felt my cheeks burn, a smile playing my lips.

“Your sweetness is getting to be a little too much to handle,” I whispered jokingly, watching him narrow his eyes and back me up against the elevator wall, his hands planting on either side of my face.

“I can change that,” he whispered lowly, his breath hitting my neck as he lowered his head, his curls tickling my cheek. I swallowed a gasp as his lips touched my neck teasingly, his mind knowing exactly what he was doing to me.

“Nick,” I whimpered, my closing eyes catching sight of the elevator buttons. We were almost at the lobby. “Not in here,” I choked out, my own words weak and unconvincing.

“When?” he groaned, shutting his eyes tight, letting his lips hover over mine.

“Nick… what’s this about?” I grumbled, gripping his shirt between my fingers, pulling him even closer. He took a shaky breath, his eyes showing that he didn’t even know.

“I’ve barely touched you since we went to go see the house. That was only two days ago, I know, but I can’t take it. It’s easier with people around… but being alone with you?” he let out a frustrated sigh, pulling away from me as the doors opened, people waiting on the outside. They looked at us strangely, probably because of the way my face was flushed, but I didn’t care.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled as he grabbed my hand, leading me out to the parked car.

“For what?” he asked, confusion sweeping over his face, his cheeks still pink.

He helped me into the car, holding out his finger, signaling me to hold my thought until he got until. I sighed, buckling my seatbelt, watching him jog to the other side and get in, turning to face me as he started up the car.

“It’s my fault, isn’t it?”

“No. It’s mine, for being a guy,” he smiled, rubbing my hand. “Just forget it, okay. It’s not a big deal, really,” he smiled, kissing my cheek.

“Okay…” I trailed off, sitting still as the car rolled away, but more embarrassing questions ate at me, making me want to ask. “But do I tease you somehow?”

He laughed, shrugging. “You aren’t teasing me, knowingly, at least. You’re beautiful and I feel… wrong for even talking about this,” he mumbled, biting his lip, keeping his eyes on the road.

“But we are getting married, so we should talk… no matter how embarrassing it is,” I mumbled, trying to convince myself.

“Do you want to tell me something?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows, taking a quick glance at me.

“Kind of, I guess?”

“I’m listening.”

“Okay, so your saying you want to… you know, more often?” I asked, feeling my face heat up even more. I watched him tense up, his own cheeks turning a bright pink.

“I-I don’t know. I… of course I want too, but that’s not how it works, really. It’s about you. Do you want to?” he asked, shifting in his seat nervously, stopping the car at the red light. I stared out the window, trying to keep my eyes away from his face.

“Well… yeah,” I sighed, looking down at my hands.

“I don’t know then. What are we supposed to do? I feel like I should apologize… I feel like I’m pushing you,” he sighed back, turning around a corner.

“You aren’t pushing me, Nick. Can we talk about this when we get back to the apartment?” I begged, feeling his arm slip around my shoulder, pulling me closer. He placed a kiss on my forehead, a smile appearing on his lips.

[&&]

“Oh my gosh… this is beautiful,” I gasped, my eyes widening at the church. The outside resembled a castle, the inside even more beautiful. “This is a church?”

“It’s kind of like a gathering hall too, but yeah… we used to come here all the time,” Nick smiled, his hand sending warmth through mine.

“Hello there,” a man smiled, looking between the two of us. “Nicholas Jonas? Is that you? My boy, you’ve grown!” the man laughed, shaking his hand smoothly.

“Thanks Mr. Cortridge,” Nick smiled, moving his other hand towards me. “This is my beautiful fiancée, Mitchie,” he grinned, his voice almost proud. It made me blush.

“Hi,” I said softly, holding out my hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Oh, you too dear. I always knew Nicholas would find someone at a young age, he has great things in store for him,” the man smiled warmly, dropping my hand. “I understand you’d like to use this church and the property behind for your wedding and reception?” he asked clearly, leading us through the large church, the seats all covered in cream lining.

“Yes,” Nick nodded, pulling me closer.

“Well that’s certainly alright.”

“Not to be rude, but I would like to know how much that’ll cost, right up front…” Nick trailed off, no doubt thinking about how much everything else would be.

“Oh, don’t even bother. Your family has given us many donations over the years, and you’re a friend of this church… this is a blessing to have you back here,” he smiled widely. Nick and I faced each other in surprise.

“Oh… that’s very, very kind and unexpected, but I don’t think I could take that-”

“Oh nonsense. This is completely fine to accept,” he reassured us, leading us outside to view the rest of the property.
♠ ♠ ♠
this really didn't come out how I wanted it too, but it's the best I could do. The next chapter might be a little... steamy. ha. who knows? I might just go ahead and skip to where he has to leave for California. (: But the wedding will come with the chapters.

COMMENTS?

Shameless promoting:Broken Danger Check it out? Let me know if I should write it.

Happy New Years Eve... it is now 9:24. ha.