‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

Fun

We walked down the stairs hand-in-hand, and I smiled at his warmth. His thumb ran across the back of my hand as he pulled me to the couch, plopping both of us down.

“Movie or TV?” he questioned, turning to face me.

“TV’s fine,” I smiled, nuzzling into him. “When did you get here anyway?”

“Oh, I’d say about a half-hour before you,” he sighed, pressing his lips to my head, running his fingers through my hair. I heard the TV turn on, the channels flicking quickly. “What do you want to watch?”

“I don’t care,” I mumbled, taking in his scent. His chest moved up and down with laughter, his hand gripping my chin, pulling me forward.

“If you don’t want to watch TV, we don’t have to. There are so many other things we can do,” he mumbled, raising his eyebrows.

“I know…” I sighed, biting my lip. He pulled us upright, turning the volume on the TV down.

Just then, his mouth turned into a smirk, his eyes gleaming with excitement. I raised my eyebrows, leaning back as he stood, motioning for me to follow. I stood up and followed him up the stairs where he started digging through his many suitcases, grinning brightly.

[&&]

I crept around the corner, my hands gripping the water gun tightly in my hand. We had been at this for hours, stopping every ten minutes to fill up the guns again. Nick was extremely competitive and he rocked at this game, but I still had my fair share of shots. We decided to run around the large house, sliding across the wood floors in our socks. I stood there in my underwear and one of his button up shirts, the end flying behind me when I ran.

“Nick!” I screamed as water hit me, the coldness soaking through the shirt and dripping down my back. I kept running though, turning around to pump my gun, but it was already to late; he leapt towards me, tackling me to the couch harshly, but careful not to hurt my slightly showing stomach. The couch skid across the floor for a few seconds, my mouth letting out a squeal, my body filling with excitement. I laughed uncontrollably, knowing the water was now penetrating the couch. Opening my eyes, I stared up at his gleaming ones, a full toothy grin on his lips.

“You lose,” he taunted, shaking his wet curls, the droplets flying and hitting my face.

“You’re the loser,” I mumbled, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Awe, poor baby, can’t take the heat,” he whispered, his competitive side definitely showing. I smirked, leaning up, my lips hovering over his.

“Can you?” I whispered lowly, my hand settling on his bare, damp chest. His eyes wondered from mine down my body, his breath shakily hitting my lips. “You lose,” I teased, pushing him off, a groan escaping his lips when he hit the ground. I quickly picked up my gun, spraying him gently before he reached out to grab me, throwing me over his shoulder. “NICK!” I laughed, his hand smacking my butt repeatedly, the wetness making it sting just a little, but he wasn’t hurting me: he never would.

“I’ll teach you,” he said sternly, but I could just picture the pout on his lips.

“No!” I laughed, flailing my legs, his fingers tickling my side where the shirt rode up. “You-you’ll drop me!” I gasped, trying to wiggle out of his arms. He dropped me onto the couch, trying to catch his breath from all his laughter. “You suck Jonas,” I growled playfully as he crawled over me, pinning me against the cushion.

“So do you future Jonas,” he smirked, our laughter dying down. His smile never faded as he stared down at me with those beautiful brown eyes, his breath hitting my lips as he calmed himself. Pressing his body closer to mine, I shivered, not just from the cold, but from how close we were. It was amazing how I still wasn’t used to it. “I love you,” he mumbled, his eyes narrowing, as if they were about to close. I gulped, feeling like this was the first time he said it, but I got this way every single time.

“I love you,” I mumbled back, my eyes shutting when his smooth lips grazed over mine, his hand moving up to caress my face. I pressed my hand against his chest, the warmth pushing past the coldness of his skin, electrifying me in the most magnificent way.

Slowly pulling away, he kissed my forehead, standing himself up to stretch. I felt my cheeks heat up at just the sight of him in his boxers, but I tore my gaze away, knowing I couldn’t hyperventilate every time I saw him half naked. When he woke up in the morning, it wasn’t going to be because of my freakish uncontrollable breathing.

“I think we should clean all this water up,” he laughed, pulling me into his side. I let my head drop to his shoulder, his fingers brushing over my skin.

“Yeah,” I laughed, looking around at the puddles of water on the floor, the water guns thrown around on the floor, and the rug crunched up from where the couch slid.

December 9th(five days)

“Baby,” a melodic voice sang lightly, warm hands shaking me.

“Huh?” I mumbled, opening my eyes slowly, Nick’s face coming into view. He chuckled, running his fingers over my cheek, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

“I was driving but you started falling asleep so I had Abby take over while I settled you in the back,” he whispered, kissing my temple softly.

“Oh. Okay,” I yawned, stretching my arms.

“We’re back in Jersey now,” Abby said, stopping the car.

We decided to get my dress at Denise’s favorite chop which happened to be about ten minutes from where her house was. She was meeting Abby and I there with Danielle while Nick, Joe, and Kevin went to shop around for the rest of he tuxedos.

“So you’re gonna’ have to leave her, loverboy,” Abby grinned, shaking her head at us.

“What?” I mumbled, latching onto Nick tighter, her high laugh sounding through the car.

“I should just take a picture. You guys are completely adorable, and lost without each other. As soon as you leave, she’ll be calling you or telling one of us that’s she’s tired just so you’ll come and take her home,” she laughed, my cheeks heating up. It was true, I had tried that excuse once, but then she caught me when I ran over to him: I was tired right now, though.

“Shut up,” I mumbled, sticking my tongue out at her. She rolled her eyes playfully, pulling the keys out of the ignition, reaching back to hand them to Nick.

“Thank you,” he smiled, opening the door to help me out.

“I don’t want too,” I whined, and for a second, his eyes flashed with concern.

“I can take you back home Mitchie,” he said quickly, pausing with a smirk. “You are good.”

I giggled, lacing my fingers with his as Abby took her spot next to me, the three of us moving across the lot towards the bridal shop. “But can’t you stay?”

“Apparently I’m not supposed to see the dress before the wedding,” he scoffed, rolling his eyes at the silly order.

“Yeah, so he wants to get a good look at it now. He won’t be paying much attention at the wedding, especially since he’ll be ripping it off like an animal once you get to destination: honeymoon,” Abby winked, nudging me.

I felt my cheeks get warm, but smiled nonetheless, turning my head to face Nick’s. his cheeks burned, his eyes showing embarrassment as he sent a death glare to Abby.

“Anyway,” he cleared his throat, running a hand through his hair. “I will be paying attention to the dress because it’s going to look beautiful on you,” he smiled sweetly, pecking my lips before pushing the door open. Soft music hit our ears as we walked in, my eyes immediately meeting excited caramel ones.

“Well, well, well…. The love bugs have entered, he grinned, setting a hand on his hips. “How’s beauty and the beast? We could hear you two all the way in Jersey, what’s it gonna’ sound like on your honeymoon, hmm kiddies?” he grinned, wiggling his dark eyebrows. My mouth dropped open in embarrassment, an old person beside us gawking.

“We didn’t even do anything last night Joseph,” Nick hissed, punching his arm. Joe pouted, rubbing the spot with his palm.

“Anyway… mom’s over in the corner waiting for you with Danni, have fun… she’s on a womanly rampage,” he said with wide eyes, gesturing with his hand. “Come on Bro, Kevin’s in the car ready to speak of your bachelor party.”

I snapped my head up, Nick’s eyes rolling. I couldn’t help but sigh in relief. “I told you, I don’t want one.”

“It’s nothing bad, promise. I wouldn’t be that stupid,” he reassured me more than Nick. I smiled, leaning up to kiss Nick’s cheek, but he moved his head, his lips hitting mine. I smiled, moving mine against his slowly, sighing when he pulled away.

“Have fun,” he whispered, Joe dragging him out.

“Well… let’s get started,” I clapped, Abby pulling me away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of like this chapter. ha. I got the idea, so I decided to give you a quick update: another reason to love Nitchie. You even have to love Joe, even though he has like a few lines. (:

COMMENTS