‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

Goodbye New Jersey

Sitting at the kitchen table with a mug of hot chocolate in hand, I was smiling nonstop at the fact that I was going back to New York in less than ten minutes. I’d miss everyone, especially Denise. I’d even miss Joe and Kevin, Danielle and Frankie, but we’d be meeting up soon to talk about the wedding. Joe was extra excited, knowing him and Nick were close made me smile and I was happy to have his support. Abby said she would be coming by the apartment tomorrow to go over more wedding issues with Nick and I, but there was something different about her.

Sighing, I turned around as her and Joe came into the kitchen, his chuckle and her giggle sounding together. I narrowed my eyes as I saw her put a hand on his shoulder, his eyes sparkling down at her before turning with a smile to me.

“Hey Mitchie, Nick said he’d be down in one second, he’s getting the last bags,” Joe grinned, running over to pull me into a hug. I let out a laugh, rolling my eyes.

“I would be helping, but he said no. He’s so stubborn sometimes.”

“He doesn’t want anything to hurt his baby… oh, and you too,” Joe joked, sending me a wink. I punched his shoulder playfully, already loving that I’d be seeing more of all of them once Nick and I were… married. every time I thought of the word, butterflies erupted in my stomach and my whole body went numb. Was it right to be this excited? Nick suddenly walked in, two large bags in hand as he sent me that beautiful smile, his dark eyes shining, and I knew that I was definitely right to be excited to marry him.

“I’ll be right back,” he smiled softly as he headed towards the door, moving quickly to set the bags in the car. My eyes flickered over to Abby, her dazed expression, and I wondered what was going on.

“So… you and Nick,” Joe smirked, nudging my shoulder.

“What?” I laughed, feeling my cheeks heat up. He wiggled his eyebrows, getting me to laugh nervously. “Joseph, I’m pregnant-”

“That doesn’t need to stop you. I mean, come on, you still get urges. I knew when mom was pregnant, you couldn’t believe the things I heard-”

“Joseph, please!” I laughed, covering my ears.

“Dude, my love life is not your business,” Nick embarrassed voice suddenly sounded. I quickly turned around, smiling as I spotted his figure leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed.

“Sorry,” Joe laughed, putting my shoulder. “Anyway, what are you two going to be doing in New York?”

“I have to go to California in a few days, just for a day or two, to get things settled, and then I’ll be back in New York for good,” he smiled, gripping my hand gently.

“You have to go?” I asked surprised, looking up at his sad face.

“Yeah, it’s only for a couple of days. I’ll do the recording in New York,” he said softly, rubbing my back with his hand. “But don’t worry, alright? Today we’re going to look for a house so when I come back, we’ll be staying in it together.”

“What?” I almost yelled, pulling him into a tight hug. His arms wrapped around me gently, burying his face into my neck. “We’re actually looking for a house today? I don’t want to doubt you or anything, but what if you don’t get this?” I asked curiously, biting my lip as he pulled away gently, giving me that sweet smile.

“I got a call about an hour ago… this is definitely going through!” he replied excitedly. His dark eyes gleamed and his grin stayed on his full lips.

“Nick!” I squealed, ignoring Joe and Abby in the room. “I am so proud of you!” I pressed my lips to his, feeling him smile into it as he kissed back gently; it never got old.

“Thank you. I appreciate that,” he whispered, pushing a stray hair behind my ear and kissed my cheek before pulling away. “Mom, Dad!” he called, hearing tons of footsteps com in. Frankie ran up to us, jumping into his arms as Kevin and Danielle followed hand in hand, followed by Mr. and Mrs. Jonas and my own parents.

“Your leaving? When do I get to see you again?” Frankie sighed, his big eyes pleading with his older brother. Nick smiled down at him, moving so he could climb onto his back. Even for a ten year old, Frankie loved acting like a baby, and he was good at it.

“Don’t worry Frank. I’ll be back before you know it. You can come visit me and Mitchie soon, too,” he smiled, tilting his head to watch the boy leaning in on his shoulders.

“Can I Mitchie?” he asked excitedly, his eyes dancing over my face.

“Of course. We can play videogames and everything,” I grinned, ruffling his hair with my hands. He grinned brightly, looking down at Nick skeptically, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. Nick looked stunned, as did everyone else, at the action, and we watched him jump down from his shoulders.

“That was for being such a great big brother, but don’t expect it again,” he grinned, turning to me. “So there’s a baby in there?” he asked suddenly, pointing to my stomach. I glanced down, seeing no difference yet, but I actually couldn’t wait.

“Yeah, there is,” I smiled back, running my hand over his cheek, pinching it slightly. He laughed, pushing my hand away.

“I know you’re going to make a good mommy, just like mine,” he whispered, turning away quickly to run out of the room. I smiled, not wanting to cry.

“He’s right, you know,” my dad spoke up awkwardly, catching our attention. “I, uh, I know you’re going to make a good mother…” he trailed off, stepping closer to Nick and I. I watched his eyes meet Nick’s, Nick stiffening just a little beside me. “And you, Nicholas… you’re going to make a good dad and a good husband. Just, don’t even stop telling my girl how much you love her. Don’t ever hurt her,” he said sternly, but for once, I could actually see the love in his eyes… and it was being directed towards Nick. I knew I started smiling, especially when nick’s lips turned up slightly.

“Thank you, sir. That means a lot to me. I love Mitchie very much and I’ll do anything for her, and now the baby,” he said clearly, holding out his hand slowly. My dad ignored it, pulling him into a hug instead, surprising us all.

“I’m sorry for the way I acted. I hope you can allow me to come visit sometimes… in your new home,” he smiled, digging his hands into his pockets as he pulled away.

“You are welcome anytime,” Nick chuckled, running a hand through his thick curls. My dad let out a laugh and turned to me, pulling me into a tight hug.

“I love you,” he whispered, rubbing the back of my head with his large hand. I let out a sigh, smiling as he pulled away.

“I love you too dad.”

“And your mother and I want calls, lots. Especially about this baby. And we want you two to visit us often, Eric’s dying to see you guys again. And-”

“Dad, alright!” I laughed, shaking my head.

“See you soon,” he nodded towards Nick, stepping away. Nick smiled down at me, the lovingness in his eyes showing through as Denise pulled us into a quick hug.

“The realtors name is Susie. I informed her of you two and she said to stop by this address-” she cleared her throat, stopping herself from crying, “whenever you’re ready, oh, and give her a call before you arrive, too.”

“Thanks mom,” Nick smiled, pulling her into a hug.

“Nicholas, I cannot believe you are so grown up. You’re officially out of this house, well, you will be soon anyway, and you have a real job with a fiancé and a baby on the way… I remember when you held that toy microphone in your small hand, singing those little songs you’d make up, and then, when you officially became a teenager, you told me that you were going to make something of yourself…” she started to cry, a smile appearing on her lips. I watched as Nick pulled his mother into another hug, holding her tight.

“You know, it’s all thanks to you, for telling me to keep going, for helping me out with everything. And it’s thanks to Mitchie, for making this happen,” he said softly, smiling up at me. I tried not to cry, and I successfully managed as Denise pulled me into a hug.

“Thank you,” was all she said before pulling herself back over to Mr. Jonas, everyone saying their goodbye’s as Nick grabbed my hand, leading me out into the cold air. I shivered, his warm arms wrapping around me tighter, a small kiss being planted on my temple.

“I love you,” I said suddenly, looking up at him as he opened the car door for me.

“I love you too,” he smiled, planting a small, sweet kiss on my lips, allowing me to pull him closer. Our lips slowly moved together and I knew I would never get used to this, to Nick and I together. I would never be able to accept the fact that he actually did love me, but I would always know that I loved him. “Now lets get out of here and find that perfect house,” he grinned, pulling away slowly. I smiled, hugging him close for a moment before getting in car and buckling up, waiting for him to get in the drivers seat. I was ready for New York… I was ready for the first step of my life with Nick: finding a house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler. I think I'll be posting chapter with dates as the titles now, kind of like a progressing thing. Let's call the date for this last chapter... November 28th. The chapter after the next will start having the day skips, okay?

COMMENTS?