‹ Prequel: Us; I love that
Status: Slowly active

We're forever; I'll remember that

Dream home

Moving through the apartment door, I immediately smiled, knowing Nick as going to stay here with me for a while. Everything was just how I left it, boring. I was glad I had stacked all my photography books on the shelf with my camera instead of in the corner where I set the bags down.

“I kind of missed this place,” Nick grinned, shutting the door carefully, setting the rest of the bags down. I felt him wrap his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder. I pressed my cheek against his, taking in his scent and the way his soft curls tickled the side of my face.

“I kind of missed you,” I giggled, getting him to chuckle. He spun me around, resting his forehead against mine.

“I kind of missed the way it feels to be alone with you,” he mumbled, running his hand over my cheek.

“How’s that?” I asked breathlessly, still trying to get used to the way he felt. His gleaming eyes searched mine, his full lips turning into the smile I loved.

“Well, when I’m with you… alone, I feel nervous. I feel calm and happy, and I feel how much I truly love you,” he mumbled, his lips hovering over mine.

“I love you,” I mumbled back, smiling when he pressed his lips onto mine fully, hugging me close to him. His hand traced up and down my back, my body seeming to mold with his perfectly, like it always did. He made my heart flutter and my cheeks burn. He made my knees weak and my mind race. He drove me crazy with just one touch. Pulling away, he smiled, rubbing his fingers over my cheek, letting a sigh escape his perfect lips.

“Hey, do you want to bring your things into the room?” I questioned, bending over to grab a bag, but he picked me up, earning a squeal from me, and placed me behind him. “Nick,” I giggled, trying to get by.

“I can handle the bags, don’t worry your pretty little head about it,” he winked, turning to grab them.

“You think my head is pretty?” I teased, crossing my arms, trying not to stare as he grabbed all the bags at once.

“I think your head is very pretty, and your face is gorgeous, and you are beautiful,” he smiled sweetly, bending down to kiss my cheek. I didn’t think it was possible to blush when he said things like that after all this time, but it was.

“Do you know when I’ll start showing?” I asked suddenly, biting my lip as he looked up quickly, a wide smile spreading across his lips. He gave me a small shrug, moving to sit on the bed. Grabbing my hand, he sent sparks through my body, pulling me onto his lap and cuddling me into his chest.

“My mom said everyone’s different. She started showing with Frankie really early, but that was her fourth pregnancy,” he chuckled, rubbing circles into my thigh with his hands. I sighed, trying to hide my shaky breath.

“Stop, your making me nervous,” I giggled, wiggling under his touch.

“Sorry,” he breathed, his warm breath sending shivers up my spine. He placed a tiny kiss on my neck before resting his head on my shoulder, softening his touches on my thigh. “But she said you could start at eight, eleven, thirteen weeks,” he smiled slightly, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek.

“Wow,” I breathed, giggling when he pulled my shirt down, intentionally letting his fingers graze my side. “Nick, what has gotten into you? Your all handsy,” I smirked, turning to face him. He raised his eyebrows, his cheeks beginning to turn a light shade if pink. “I kind of like it,” I added softly, hoping he didn’t catch it, but his observation skills were to high and he smirked, closing his eyes and letting his lips graze mine for a moment, teasing.

“Do you want to call Susie now?” he questioned, clearing his throat. I bit my lip, catching sight of how beautiful he was again, and I was truly mesmerized.

“Maybe in a second…” I mumbled, pushing him down onto the bed, pressing my lips to his urgently. His hands immediately wrapped around me, flipping us so he was hovering above me.

“A seconds good,” he breathed, pressing his lips to my neck, his hands gripping my waist. I let my eyes flutter closed, not used to how amazing he made me feel. I kept thinking about how I was really excited to finally be with him… to almost be married, I let my mind race to what he was doing, and a moan escaped my mouth, my fingers pulling on his perfect curls, getting a little whimper from him. The phone on the nightstand began to go off, causing us both to stop. Nick shot up with a frustrated groan, his face flushed and his hair a mess. With a sigh, I ran a hand through my hair, knowing it could be someone important…

“Joe?” Nick growled, rubbing his pink cheeks.

Or just Joe.

“I’m, uh… kind of busy,” he mumbled, rolling his eyes at his brother on the phone. “Okay, okay… no. it isn’t your business,” he sighed, giving me an apologetic smile. I just laughed and rubbed his back, wrapping my arms around his waist to lie my head on his shoulder. Moving my hand up his chest, I caught sight of the ring and grinned, leaving my hand over his beating heart. It was a little faster than normal, just like mine, but I could feel it calming down. He placed his warm hand over mine, pulling it down to his lap. “What do you mean don’t plan the honeymoon? That’s-” he paused, raising his eyebrows, looking at me with a small smile. “Uh huh, I see. Okay. Thanks Joe. Yeah, love you too. Bye,” he laughed, setting the phone down.

“What was that?” I mumbled, cuddling up to him.

“Joe says that I don’t need to plan the honeymoon because he already is,” he shrugged. My eyes bugged out as I stared at him.

“No offense Nick, I love your brother, but Joe… he’s a little…” I trailed off, trying to find the words.

“I know, crazy sometimes, but I think he’s got this one, I really do,” he smiled, as if he knew something I didn’t. He placed a small, sweet kiss on my nose, making an exaggerated noise, getting me to smile. “Lets call Susie,” he sighed, patting my leg.

[&&]

My eyes widened as Nick pulled his car into the driveway of a beautiful two story home. It was a light green color with cream featured and a large pathway surrounded by flowers going up to the front door. The leaves were neatly raked by the bare trees and the grass was still a darker green, complete with a picket fence.

“Nick… I think this is the wrong house,” I whispered, turning my head catch his wide smile.

“No… this is the place I picked out. It was, uh, my favorite,” he blushed, catching my wide eyes.

“You picked the houses to look at?”

“I know you probably wanted a variety, but mom said it was best if I picked out the best three…” he bit his lip.

“Nick, you are too cute!” I squealed, kissing his cheek. He let out a chuckle, getting out quickly to jog over to my door. I waited, knowing he’d be mad if I got out before he could help.

“Are you sure you can afford this? I mean… it looks so expensive. And what if I actually want to buy it?” I questioned, getting another smile out of him as he locked the car, lacing our fingers together.

“I have this covered, don’t worry. If you like it… I’ll buy it,” he whispered, smiling when a woman in her forties hurried out, her blonde hair in a tight ponytail, her tan skin looking slightly out if place for the fall air.

“Nicholas!” the woman cried, pulling him into a tight hug. “Yo might not remember me, but you have grown up so much. Getting married!” she grinned, turning to face me. “This must be your beautiful fiancé! Denise wasn’t kidding when she said you bragged about how gorgeous she was! I’m Susie, your realtor,” she smiled happily, shaking my hand.

“Mitchie, it’s nice to meet you too,” I smiled politely, knowing Denise would be friends with someone so nice.

“Well, come on. I wanna’ show you this amazing house,” she started, waving us forward, talking as her heels clicked against the walk. “Ignore the boxes, the owners already moved out due to a job transfer. The house was just built last year, so it’s pretty new and in great condition,” she talked on, opening the door, engulfing us in warmth.

My eyes scanned the whole empty house immediately. The living room had soft carpeting, a dark chocolate color with beige walls and so much space for everything and the kitchen was in the back. As we entered, I could just picture how beautiful the rest of it was.

“This has a unique floor plan. This is obviously the living room and the kitchen has a swinging door-” she stated, opening the door to prove the point. “It’s actually a really spacious kitchen connected to a back hallway that leads to the dining room. That’s why the stairs are right there when you walk in, there’s the hall leading to the dining area behind it,” she babbled excitedly, moving quickly through to show us. It wasn’t really a narrow hallway, not long either. An archway sat along with one step down to go inside. It was a light yellow color, cheerful, perfect for gatherings if you ever had one. “This is actually really cool because these doors lead out to the backyard. There’s also a set in the living room,” she continued, pushing the doors open to lead us outside.

“Nick… I don’t think I can take this. It’s too beautiful,” I whispered in disbelief as he pulled me close, my eyes scanning the backyard. The trees with no leaves stood tall, stretching out across the large grass area, a sidewalk curving around.

“Look… is that a hot tub?” he asked curiously, pointing to the left corner. My eyes shot over to it, my heart fluttering at his smirk.

“Why, yes it is,” Susie nodded, going off about how enclosed this area was… perfect for the baby. I grinned, rubbing my hand over Nick’s muscular arm.

We entered the house again, Nick’s voice whispering to me about how this was my favorite.

“Let’s move on to the upstairs,” she called, leading us up the cream-colored carpeted stairs. “There are three bedrooms, two bathrooms, counting the master. One of the bedrooms was an office, but you can use it for anything, and the other bedroom would be great for a nursery. Here, come on.” We nodded, following her into the two extra bedrooms and the bathroom. They were beautiful good sized rooms. It reminded me of how Denise’s house was, so clean and well decorated. “And here’s the master,” she smiled yet again, leading us down the hallway and around the corner, opening the door.

“It’s huge,” I gasped, looking around the empty room. The way everything was painted, in browns and reds, seemed so romantic. I looked up at Nick ho smiled sweetly at me, knowing I wouldn’t even want to check any other house; this was his favorite too.

“It’s very nice, in my opinion. There’s an attic too, for storage,” she commented, moving over towards the large window. “Do you two want to talk about this now or just call me back some other time?” she asked with another smile. She was bubbly… just like Abby.

“I think we can talk now,” Nick smiled, watching her leave the room. “So what do you think?” he whispered, pulling me to the window.

“This… this is amazing!” I gasped, looking into his soft eyes.

“Susie’s really good friends with my mother. She can get the price lowered even more if we ask,” he suggested, “Only if you want this, though.”

“I really do. I don’t think anything is better than this, really. Nicholas Jonas, you have quite the taste,” I grinned, gripping his collar loosely with my hands. He smiled that heartbreaking smile, only, to me, it mad my heart pound.

“Why do you think I love you so much?” he smirked, kissing my lips gently, making my breath catch.

“Y-your good,” I breathed, narrowing my eyes at him.

“Can I tell her to make a deal?” he asked excitedly, caressing my hands with his thumb.

“Definitely,” I grinned, smiling as he pulled me into a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of like this chapter. ha.
Sorry for the sucky update, though. It'll be going by days next, probably.(:

COMMENTS