Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

Text messaging

Ashley’s POV

(April 10, 2009)

Beep

“Mmm,” I grunted searching for my phone. I didn’t know who the heck would text me at 2:00a.m. I finally found it and opened up the little device. I didn’t recognize the number… I was too tired to even think about who it was, and I looked at the text message:

Hello Ashley. Delilah maybe? I texted the person back.

Ha Dee you’re funny. Let me go back to bed. I shut my phone closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but I got another text message. I groaned and got my phone and read the text message.

Ha-ha sorry Ash… I can’t sleep.. I rolled my eyes and texted her back.

WELL TRY TO! I closed my phone again and tried to go back to sleep, but I was, once again, interrupted by another text message.

But I can’t!

Dude why not? You can’t keep me up.

Because I just can’t.

Well just close your eyes and go to sleep

I can’t!

Yes you can! I never got a text back. I figured she fell asleep. She did… I couldn’t hear her texting back. And quickly I fell to sleep also.

“Shh! Ashley’s sleeping,” I heard Mikey say. I smiled. Slowly, I crawled out of bed and threw my hoodie on. I looked into the front of the bus where everyone else was. Everyone, except Delilah; she was still sleeping. I quietly tip toed into the hall way and watched the guys play guitar hero. “Shh, guys, Ashley is sleeping,” Mikey hushed again.

“No, she’s not,” said Gerard.

“Yes she-,” Mikey started to say.

“Isn’t,” I interrupted.

“Isn’t,” Mikey confirmed, turning around looking at me. I smiled and went over to him, embracing him with a big hug.

“Well, good morning,” Frank said not taking his eyes off the TV screen.

“Good morning,” I said.

“You’re gonna lose,” Bob said.

“Yeah, Bob, you keep thinking that,” Frank replied strumming quickly on the plastic guitar. Bob strummed at the same speed but they were tied at this point.

“I vote for Frank,” laughed Ray. He started cheering Frank on.

“I’ll bet Frank loses,” said Gerard.

“How much are you betting?” Ray asked, looking over to Gerard with his eyebrows raised in challenge. By this point I was sitting between Kierstyn and Mikey.

“Five bucks,” said Gerard pulling out his wallet. He took the five dollars out and slapped it on the floor.

“Good morning, Kierstyn,” I said trying to avoid the fact that there was five dollars sitting right in front of me.

“Morning,” Kierstyn replied.

“Ash, is Dee still sleeping?” Ray asked.

“Well, she’s not out here is she?” Kierstyn replied.

“No…” Ray said looking down, embarrassed of the question he just asked. Then he remembered the game.

“FRANK!” he cheered.

“BOB!” Gerard yelled.

“Shh! Delilah's sleeping!” Mikey said loudly.

“Yeah, shh,” hushed Frank. They were nearing the end of the song. So far they were close to tied. Frank was a little bit behind Bob, he just had to come back with star power.

“Star power, Frank,” I whispered, not sure if he heard me or not. Apparently he did.

“NO!” Bob yelled.

“Bob, shh,” Frank hushed, “Delilah’s sleeping!”

In this ‘tense’ moment near the end of the song, Frank’s guitar strap broke. He saved himself and beat Bob.

“I’ll take that,” Ray smiled snatching the five dollars out of Gerard’s reach. I went to the bunks to get some of my stuff. We were going to the airport after we went out to eat breakfast. I needed to grab a few things for the plane trip. Delilah was sound asleep. Well, until Frank sent her a wake up text. I stood there waiting to see her reaction. I smiled as she mumbled a few words.

Je ne veux pas me lever, Frank. Cessez de m'envoyer la substance!” ‘I don't want to get up, Frank. Stop sending me stuff.’

All I under stood was ‘Frank’. “What?” I asked with a bit of a laugh.

Ne vous inquiétez pas à son sujet,” she replied.

“English, please?”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Oh. Okay?”

She slowly slid out of her bunk and went into the bathroom to change her clothes.

“What’s going on?” she asked as she came out. I shrugged even though I did know.

“Food, airport, plane, hotel, more food, hotel, sleep, wake up, more food, stuff, first concert in Europe,” replied Gerard. Delilah sighed and went back to the bunks and started packing her stuff for the 14 hour trip.