Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

It happened in Wembley

Ashley’s POV

“Ashley,” Mikey’s soft voice whispered in my ear. I squeezed my eyes shut.

“Ashley, wake up. We’re here,” he continued, shaking my arm.

“Hmm,” I groaned. I sighed and slowly sat up. We were still in the air but the seat belt light was on and we were landing. I noticed everyone (as in Ray, Bob, Frank, Delilah, Gee and Kierstyn) were looking at me.

“What?” I asked sleepily. They all smiled and looked away. What the hell? I thought.

I combed through my hair with my fingers and looked at Mikey.

“What’s wrong?” I asked,

“Nothing. You slept almost the whole time. We were happy to see you were finally awake,” Mikey replied.

“Oh.” I yawned and put my head on Mikey’s shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

“Your hair smells like strawberries,” he said, laughing a little. I laughed a bit too.

“That’s what I was going for,” I replied.

Soon the plane landed. We got off, got or luggage, and went to the tour bus that was parked outside the airport.

I started putting some of my stuff away in the bunk area. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at it. Thank god, I thought as I let out a sigh, They can’t text me here.

Just then someone came up behind me and hugged me. I gasped and turned my head.

“Mikey,” I laughed. He gave me quick kiss on the lips and smiled.

“I just wanted to see how my baby was doing,” he said hugging me tighter.

I smiled and slid my phone back in my pocket. “I’m doing fine.”

“Good. You’re first time in Europe, am I right?” he asked.

I nodded. “Yeah. It’s pretty exciting.”

“I’ll say. You’ll like it here.”

“What are you planning to leave me here?”

Mikey laughed. “No, I wouldn’t let them leave you here,” Mikey said turning me around so I was looking at him.

“Good,” I replied softly, smiling.

*Later*

We were rolling along in the bus to Wembley. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Wembley Stadium.

“How did you feel the you guys played here?” Delilah asked as she nervously picked at the hem of her shirt.

“Oh, yeah,” Gerard grinned. “This is Delilah’s first time!”

“That sounded so wrong,” Ray said, giggling a bit.

“You’re a perv!” Bob shot back, smiling all the same.

“We were nervous as hell,” Mikey put in. As I sat across from him, I could see the nostalgia in his eyes.

“Oh,” Delilah said and looked at the floor.

“Why do you ask, dear?” I smiled at Frank’s use of ‘dear’. It made the two of them seem so…married.

“N-no reason,” she stuttered slightly.

“Aww! Little Delilah’s nervous!” Gerard teased. “Frank, this is your job.”

“Shut up,” Frank said before turning to Delilah. “Sweetie, there’s really nothing to worry about.”

“That’s a lot of people, Frank! A fucking shit load!”

“But you can’t see most of them,” he smiled. Gerard got up and headed for the kitchenette, grabbing a banana.

“Ah, ah, ah, Gee. No eating anything before a show. You move around to much,” Kierstyn warned, also getting up and taking the banana from Gerard.

“What’s that got to do with anything?” he protested. Frank was still murmuring soft words of comfort to Delilah, telling her Wembley was just like every other stadium.
Kierstyn looked at Gerard as if he were missing the most obvious thing in the world.

“You’ll puke! Your stomach will get all jumbled up and then it’ll all come up,” she practically screeched. Ray giggled again. Kierstyn whipped around to look at him.

“Don’t even go there, Toro!”

Ray looked shocked.

”Don’t even think of how wrong that sounded!” We were all looking at her in shock. Delilah’s nervousness was forgotten for the time being.

“Kierstyn?” Gerard asked carefully.

“Are you okay, hun?” Kierstyn just walked out, banana still in hand, to the bunks, fiercely pulling the dividing curtain closed.

“Gerard, dude, I think your girl’s PMSing,” Mikey said in all seriousness. Honestly, I thought she was too. Gerard just sighed and went after her.

“That was weird. I’m still worried that I’ll mess up, Frank!” Delilah continued on with her nervousness. I guess she knew that she wouldn’t be able to do anything for Kierstyn. And so continued Frank’s soft murmuring in the mostly-silence of the bus.

My phone beeped. My heart skipped a beat. A text message.

You look so beautiful when you’re asleep. Especially soaring over the Atlantic Ocean.

Oh my God…it was him.

I texted back.

How would you know?

Well, my dear, I was there. On the plane. I sat there, frozenly staring at my phone. It beeped again.

Isn’t London lovely?

Holy shit…he was HERE.