Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

The Question

Gerard’s POV

“Thank you so much,” I said giving the little dog a hug. Kierstyn smiled. I was so happy. Rocky. He just made my day. It was PERFECT! Rocky licked my face with his warm tongue and his cold nose rubbed against my temple. I smiled even though he still ad puppy breath.

“Now if I break a light we don’t have to sell Sparky,” commented Frank.

“Frank,” Delilah gasped elbowing him.

“What?” he rubbed his arm. I smirked.

“Not exactly Frank,” I pointed out, “see just because I have a dog doesn’t mean I have to sell him”. I heard Ashley sigh. Rocky jumped off my lap and ran over to Bob.

“Gah! I’m a cat person,” he said. Mikey raised his eyebrows.

“So,” he added. Bob sighed and picked up the little dog.

“Aww,” Delilah said, “You guys almost look the same…except Bob has blue eyes.” Bob had a confused look on his face. I noticed Delilah was right.

“Yeah! You both have the same fur slash hair color,” I pointed out. Every body looked at Bob. We all agreed… they looked almost the same.

(December 26, 2008)

The next day we had to get ready to leave. Not like we unpacked. Our concert before we went on break was here in New Jersey… so we stayed and the one that’s tomorrow is in NYC. So we don’t have to drive that far I guess.

Rocky ran around the house looking for something to play with… so he stole the brush from Delilah’s hands and ran around the house with it. She just got out of the shower so.

That was the other good thing…we got showers. Frank was probably the most excited since Mikey and I took our separate showers. For the past few days on the bus he has been spraying us with ferbreze. That really didn’t help.

Delilah’s POV

(December 27, 2008)

“Ready?” Gerard asked handing me a bottle of water. I nodded.

“Yes,” I added, “But where’s Frank?”

“He’s finishing tuning his guitar,” Ashley said. She and Mikey sat on the couch.

“And Ray?” I asked.

“Tuning,” Ashley smiled. I nodded.

“Two minutes… just 2 minutes,” I said to my self. We were on in 2 minutes.

“Come on… we’ll wait for them by the stage,” Bob said walking out of the room.

“Okay I’m good,” Frank said coming over to us. Ray trailed behind.

“You’re 2 minute’s late,” Ashley said.

“It’s not that big of a deal… we can’t always be on time… it’s only 120 seconds,” I added. Ray nodded.

“Well, are you guys ready to go on now?” Kierstyn asked impatiently. Gerard looked at all of us. We nodded.

“Yup,” Gerard said nodding himself.

“Alright,” one of the crew members said walking over to us, “Ready?”

Mikey sighed.

“Yes,” we chimed.

“Okay, Okay gees,” the crew member said. He walked away. About 30 seconds later the lights dimmed and the crowd screamed. We all ran up on stage.

“Good luck,” Ashley and Kierstyn called out.

“Thank you,” I called back grabbing the microphone. Bob started the first song and the lights came back on. (Later after the first song)

“So how are we all doing tonight?” I asked the crowd. They screamed. Gerard frowned.

“She asked how you guys are doing tonight,” Gerard said. I smiled as the crowd screamed louder.

“Delilah, are you satisfied?” Gerard asked turning towards me.

“I was satisfied the first time,” I admitted, “It’s probably not a good idea to have them scream super loud in the beginning… how are they going to scream during the next song?” I asked Gerard. So we played the next song. And the next song. During the last few lines of that song I noticed a few people in the mosh pit arguing as others fell and someone else helped the up. The second that song ended I said something.

“Alright…what’s going on over here,” I asked waving my hand towards the mosh pit.

“No arguing allowed,” I added. Gerard walked over.

“Ah… yeah guy’s calm down… if you don’t like each other go on the other side of the pit… we don’t want anyone getting hurt,” he explained.

“Speaking of getting hurt… you in the black and white striped sleeved sweater and the one right there with the awesome yellow streaks, thank you for helping some of these guys up off the ground. If I had cookies… hell if I had cookies every single fan would fucking get one but really guy’s thanks…we don’t want anyone getting themselves broken tonight,” I said.

“Problem… almost solved… Delilah do you know what’s missing?” Gerard asked.

“No… What?”

“Well there’s another problem… Frank do you know what’s missing?”

Frank shook his head.

“Ray?”

Ray shook his head.

“Mikey?”

Mikey shook his head.

“Bob? Come on you have to know.”

Bob shook his head. Gerard sighed.

“Wait! I think I know,” I said. Gerard looked at me.

“What?” He asked. It got quiet.

“Effin music,” I said finally.

“YES! THANK YOU,” Gerard shouted as the beginning of the song started to play. After that it was time to bring back some of the old stuff. The stuff I’ve been working on for… I don’t know 3 years or something… I forgot but it seems like forever.

Gerard: Well… well………………….. Well

Delilah: Well?

Gerard: yes well.

Delilah: Well either we can sit here saying well or… we can-

Gerard: Tell them to get ready because we’re about to play some old stuff.

Delilah: *smiles* yup.

(Music starts for Helena)

Gerard: Alright! I wanna see all your hands in the fucking air… right now. (Starts clapping)

Delilah: Ha, ha there we go (Claps too)



Gerard: Long ago
Just like the hearse you die to get in again

Delilah: We are so far from you

Gerard: Burning on just like a match you strike to incinerate
the lives of everyone you know
and what's the worst you take

Ray: worst you take

Delilah: from every heart you break

Ray: heart you break

Delilah: And like the blade you stain

Ray: blade you stain

Gerard: Well I've been holding on tonight
what’s the worst that I can say?

Delilah: Things are better if I stay

Gerard: So long and goodnight

Fans: So long and goodnight

Delilah: Came a time
when every star fall brought you to tears again

Gerard: We are the very hurt you sold
and what's the worst you take

Ray: worst you take

Delilah: from every heart you break

Ray: heart you break

Delilah: And like the blade you stain

Ray: blade you stain

Fans: Well I've been holding on tonight

Gerard: What's the worst that I can say?

Delilah: Things are better if I stay

Gerard: So long and goodnight

Delilah: So long and goodnight

Gerard: And if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay

Delilah: So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight

Fans: Can you hear me?

Delilah: For everyone out there… We don’t want you living life being told you’re not good enough

Fans: Are you near me?

Gerard: Because we like you just the way you are

Fans: Can we pretend to leave and then

Delilah: We care about every single one of you

Fans: We'll meet again

Gerard: Now we wanna hear you sing at the top of your lungs!

Fans: When both our cars collide?

Delilah: What's the worst that I can say?

Gerard: Things are better if I stay

Both: So long and goodnight
so long and goodnight

Delilah: And if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay

Gerard: So long and goodnight

Fans: So long and goodnight


I smiled and gave Frank a high five.

Delilah: That was Effin awesome!

Gerard: Amazing. Really. I think you guys will- Oh my look at all the pretty flowers you guys are giving us. *picks up a pair of shoes*

Delilah: I don’t think those are flowers, Gerard.

Gerard: No… *looks at size* but they’re not my size.

Delilah: *Walks over and looks at size* No… But they’re my size! THANK YOU!

Gerard: No fair.

Delilah: Gerard! You got boas… and- a sexy shirt that just landed at my feet. *picks it up and reads shirt* “MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE NOT ONLY SAVED MY LIFE…” *Looks at back of the shirt* “But made it a hell of a new one… and the new one is so much better” Aww.

Gerard: Aww

Delilah: Anyway… oh and this make’s us feel special who ever took the time to make this shirt for us.

Gerard: You talk too much.

Delilah: I know but-

Gerard: DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you can just put it that way I thought. So dead started playing.

Gerard: Yeah!
And if your heart stops beating
I'll be here wondering
did you get what you deserve?
The ending of your life
and if you get to heaven
I'll be here waiting, babe
did you get what you deserve?
The end, and if your life won't wait
then your heart can't take this

Delilah & Gerard: Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say
I think they never liked you anyway

Delilah: Oh take me from the hospital bed

Gerard: Wouldn't it be grand? It ain't exactly what you planned.
And wouldn't it be great if we were dead?
*spoken* Come on!

Delilah: Tongue-tied and oh so squeamish
you never fell in love
did you get what you deserve?
The ending of your life
and if you* get to heaven
I'll be here waiting, babe
did you get what you deserve?
The end, and if your life won't wait
then your heart can't take this

Delilah & Gerard: Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say
I think they never liked you anyway

Delilah: Oh take me from the hospital bed

Gerard: Wouldn't it be grand to take a pistol by the hand?
And wouldn't it be great if we were dead?

Delilah: And in my honest observation
during this operation
found a complication in your heart

Gerard: So long, 'Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live

Delilah: Is that the most the both of you can give?

Gerard: *spoken* Okay this is this fun part where you get to jump and scream
One, two, one two three four!

Delilah: LA LA LA LA LA!
*Spoken* this half
LA LA LA LA LA LA!
*spoken* keep singing it
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard: Well come on,

Delilah & fans: LA LA LA LA LA!
LA LA LA LA LA LA!
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard: *spoken* This half *points to left half of arena* your singing with me
If life ain't just a joke

Delilah & Right half of arena: LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard & Left half of arena: Then why are we laughing?

Delilah & Right half of arena: LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard & left half of arena: If life ain't just a joke

Delilah & right half of arena: LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard & Left half of arena: Then why are we laughing?
If life ain't just a joke

Delilah& right half of arena: LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard & Left half of arena: Then why are we laughing?

Delilah & Right half of arena: LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard & left half of arena: If life ain't just a joke

Delilah & Right half: LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Gerard: *Spoken* every body

Fans, Ray, and Gerard & Delilah: Then why am I dead?

Literally every one including Frank, Mikey and Bob: DEAD!


We played a few more songs, took a break for like 3 minutes, went back on and sang more songs. We had an amazing time!

“That was awesome,” Kierstyn said giving Gerard a hug as he walked over to her.

Frank had his arm around me, “You we’re amazing,” he said kissing my forehead. I smiled.

“You we’re too. Even though you broke your guitar by acting crazy and smashing it on the ground, you were awesome,” I said.

“I honestly couldn’t stop laughing when you kicked the back of Delilah’s leg and made her fall,” Mikey commented. Yeah… Frank kicked the back of my leg, like the spot behind your knee, and I fell. Ashley laughed.

"Is that what happened?” she asked. I smirked and nodded my head.

(December 28 2008)

“Morning,” I said walking into the small kitchen type thing.

“Morning” Gerard replied. It was only him… every one else was still sleeping. I walked over to the counter and poured my self a cup of coffee then sat down across from Gerard.

“We have an interview with a radio station later today,” Gerard said putting his own cup of coffee up to him mouth.

“We as is all of us?” I asked. Gerard shook his head.

“We as in me and you,” he replied. I nodded.

“Do you know what time?” I asked. Gerard pondered the question for a few seconds.

“Around 11,” he finally said.

“Well what time is it now?”

Gerard looked at his watch.

“Like 8:30.”

“And how much longer till we get there?”

“Ugh… like half an hour”

“Oh…”

“Morning,” Gerard said looking past me. I turned around.

“Morning,” Ashley replied.

“Morning,” I smiled. Ashley sat next to me.

“Gerard is it a little strange having more than one family member on tour?” I asked. Frank and I had no siblings and our parents weren’t on the bus. But for Gerard he had his brother, Mikey, and his Sister in law, Ashley.

“I- I never thought about that,” Gerard replied, “Ugh, no it’s not that weird… it’s kind of nice.”

I smirked.

“I think it’s weird,” Ashley said. Gerard and I looked at her.

“I mean, I’m on tour with my best friend who is pretty much like a sister to me, so I’d count her as a family member meaning I’d have to include Frank as family member, and I have Mikey, you and pretty soon Kierstyn,” explained Ashley.

“You think of me as a sister?” I asked. Ashley nodded. Strands of blonde hair fell into her face; she bushed them across her face and tucked her hair behind her ears.

“Aww,” I give her a hug.

10:45 am

“Frank,” I called from the bathroom.

“Yeah?” he asked. His head peeked around the corner on the open door.

“Do you have any eyeliner?” I asked. Frowning as he thought about the question I waited for his answer.

“I don’t think so… Kierstyn or Ashley probably do,” Frank finally said.

“I never thought about asking them,” I replied.

“Asking who,” Ashley came over.

“You if you had any eyeliner,” I said. She nodded.

“I was just about to get that because I figured you would need it,” she said.

10:55 am

“What the heck are we supposed to do?” I asked Gerard. Today’s concert was sorta at a festival type thing…almost like the bamboozle… but it wasn’t and it was in Nappanee, Ontario. Witch was awesome because that’s were Avril was from.

Any way there were going to be a lot of bands there and it was outside… who would enjoy a concert in 50 degree weather? Well as long as you dress warm… but you’re moving a lot… so.

“Ugh… well you should probably get your Eskimo looking jacket on-“

“Wait, Frank wore his jacket that looks exactly like mine and you didn’t say it was an Eskimo jacket. Besides I’m not putting the hood up… I’m wearing my maggot hat from hot topic.”

“Alright… well go get that stuff done, and we’ll walk over to the radio thing they have set up.”

“I will.”

Quickly I got my jacket on… and my Night mare before Christmas scarf and then my maggot hat. Gerard and I walked off the bus over to the radio tent that was set up back stage I guess if you call it back stage.

“We’re waiting for- Oh and here they are Gerard, Delilah please have a seat,” The radio host said on air. Gerard and I took a seat in front of these microphones but we didn’t need the head set.

Gerard: Hi.

Host: I’m glad to see you guys here

Delilah: We’re more that happy to be here.

Host: And since half the listeners are probably thinking “who the heck are these people” this is Delilah and Gerard from My Chemical Romance. So how was Christmas for you guys?

Delilah: Amazing…

Gerard: I got pets.

Host: Pets?

Delilah: He got a hamster and a dog… that are both back at his parent’s house.

Host: I see. Alright so there’s been a rumor going around about you Gerard.

Gerard: Ugh…

Host: People have been saying that you’re engaged.

Delilah: *sighs* put another tally next to that question.

Gerard: I actually have to say that’s true. I’ve found someone who I fell deeply in love with.

Delilah: I wanna know how that got out.

Host: Well he did wear the ring during the concerts.

Delilah: You win.

Host: But Delilah there’s also a rumor going around about you.

Gerard: Don’t you feel special?

Delilah: Depending on the rumor.

Host: alright the rumor was that you’re leaving MCR along with Frank to go and just live your lives together.

Delilah: No. Never. Who the hel- heck came up with that? I would never ever leave this band to go back to a normal life.

Gerard: That’s a pretty bad rumor… Delilah you best hope are that it gets out every wear before people start making even worse rumors.

Host: ugh…

Delilah: Let me guess. It already happened.

Host: Sadly.

Gerard: I WANNA KNOW!

Delilah: You just wanna see me get pissed off.

Gerard: No. Yes.

Delilah: Ahh tell me anyway.

Host: A rumor grew from that rumor saying that it was your choice and that you’ve ruined the whole band.

Delilah: Wait. Me? Okay… first Fred left Taking Back Sunday and did anyone say anything about him ruining the band… I mean they’ve had 2 different singers. I’m not trying to like offend them or anything. I mean they’re like our best friends but no one ever said anything about that.

Gerard: Not only that but you joined the band 6 years after it had been around. But that’s still a horrible rumor. How many fans have we lost form that one?

Delilah: Hopefully none of them believed it.

Host: Do you wanna hear another one?

Delilah: is it bad?

Host: No.

Delilah: Shoot.

Host: You can’t have kids.

Gerard: Crap.

Host: Bad question?

Gerard: ugh…

Delilah: No. It’s not a bad question it’s just that it’s true and it’s really hard for me to over come.

Gerard: Delilah you’re not gonna-

Delilah: No… Next question.

I didn’t like the fact so many people brought up that question. So after the interview I stormed back to the bus.

“Dee,” Ray said after I threw my jacket harshly on the couch. I shook my head.

“Delilah,” Bob said as I walked past him.

“Dee?” Ashley questioned.

“Hey Delilah,” Kierstyn said.

“DEE” Mikey yelled. I ignored them and went over to my bunk burring my head in my pillow. I heard someone walking towards my bunk.

“Delilah,” Gerard said calmly.

“Hmm,” I mumbled.

“Why didn’t you say that you just didn’t want to talk about it?” he asked. I turned my head so I was looking at him.

“Gerard how the hell was I supposed to know what they were going to ask me?” I replied. Frank came over.

“Delilah what happened?” He asked squeezing next to Gerard. He started to stroke my hair.

“They asked her ‘the question’,” Gerard said for me. For all of us the question was ‘Can you have kids?’ or something close to that.

“Gerard, can you excuse us?” Frank asked. Gerard nodded; got up then walked away. Frank took me into the back room.

Frank’s POV

“Delilah you can’t keep crying about the fact you can’t have kids,” I said hugging her.

“How would you even know? You’re not going though the same amount of guilt,” She said.

“Dee-“

“You’re not me.”

“Delilah, I am going through the same amount of guilt for even asking you in the first place.”

“Asking me what Frank?”

“’The question’.”

She pulled away from me and sat down.

“It’s just so hard to deal with. I mean really every night I wish that there was some miracle that would just so I can,” she said.

“Delilah… when was the last time you checked?”