Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Escaping the Castle

*Agreed, but we will talk later.* Darigan says in a certain vocie. Kanashii nods, and runs back into the room. When she come back out, she's carrying: a pure black saddle with red markings, a blanket, two swords, a bow and quiver, and a bag filled with other items. *What's all this?* Darigan questions, looking at the pile of stuff.

"This...would be all of my father's most prized possessions. The double swords were his specialty, and the bow used to belong to my mother." Kanashii says, holding the swords with deep care while the bow goes untouched Darigan notices.

*Okay.* Darigan says, understanding that it's a touchy subject. Kanashii sets down all but the saddle, which she heaves onto Darigan's back and straps it on. *What a magnificent saddle.* Darigan says, looking back at the saddle with surprise at the detail that was put into it.

"My father always was good at making things with his hands." Kanashii says as she runs her hand over the leather. Darigan goes completely still once the extent of Kanashii's pain hits him.

*You loved him...didn't you?* Darigan asks, looking at Kanashii with soft eyes.

"Like I said before. Let us not dwell on this talk right now. We need to get out of here." Kanashii says while he turns, and gathers the blanket that's wrapped around the bow and quiver into her arms. She goes back to the saddle and straps it on. She then grabs the two swords, and buckles them onto the saddle a well. Finally, she grabs the bag, and hops onto the saddle herself. "Lets go!" Kanashii shouts, looking forward with determined eyes. With that, Darigan takes off down the hall. He gets outside, and takes off in flight.

*How long until we reach a safe distance.* Kanashii asks, trying to catch her breath from the wind hitting her face.

*A good couple hours.* Darigan says, sounding completely light and happy.

*Okay.* Kanashii says with a sigh as she close her eyes, loving the feel of the wind blowing through her hair.

About 24 hours later, Darigan finally drops toward the ground covered in forest

"I think you were off by a few hours." Kanashii say as she rubs her eyes.

*I couldn't find somewhere I thought it was safe enough.* Darigan admits, looking at her.

"No big deal. That's just the longest I've ever went without having my feet touch the ground.

*So, what do you think of flying?* Darigan asks, looking back at her with a smile. Kanashii turns to look at him as she jumps to the ground.

"I absolutely LOVED it!" Kanashii says, sounding like a child. She walks up to Darigan, and begins to unbuckle the stuff from the saddle. Once she as everything on the ground, she sits down, and cocks her head back so she can see the sky. "What a strange couple of months this has been. First I learn that others know of my heritage, then I recieve a dragon egg before being kidnapped and brought before the very man I escaped from so many years ago. I escape the second time without a soul knowing I have." Kanashii say before chucking, and closing her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
...