Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Kanashii's Father

Kanashii winks at him as she toward th edoor. She puts her hand on the door and mutters a few words. The door clicks, and Kanashii lightly pulls it open.

*That was oddly easy...* Kanashii says with uncertainty in her voice.

*I'm impressed.* Darigan says in a voice full of approval.

*What do you take me for? I am the daughter o-* Kanashii begins, but quickly cuts herself off. Darigan looks at her in confusion.

*The daughter of who?* Darigan questions, looking at her with serious eyes.

*Never mind that! Lets get out of here!* Kanashii says, looking away from Darigan.

*I expect to find out later.* Darigan says in a serious voice as he watches her. Kanashii rushes out of the room without answering him. He rolls his eyes before running after her. *Do you know the way out of here?* Darigan asks after he had caught up with her.

*Yeah. I've escaped from here once before.* Kanashii says, still avoiding eye contact.

*That so?* Darigan questions, looking at her like it's an interesting piece of information.

*Give me a guilt trip later. Right now we need to get out of here!* Kanashii says with a bit of a snap to her voice.

*Agreed.* Darigan says, looking at her with worried eyes. At that moment, Darigan stops, and grows so he's now almost as tall as the ceiling.

*Interesting timing.* Kanashii says, looking at Darigan's feet. Darigan runs forward, and Kanashii grabs onto one of the huge red spikes on his neck, pulling herself onto his back. *We need to get a few things.* Kanashii says in a grave voice.

*We're getting out of here first.* Darigan says in a determined voice.

"Let me repeat myself. I have to get a few things before we leave!" Kanashii shouts.

*What's so important that you HAVE to get it?* Darigan demands, looking back at her with demanding eyes.

"You'll see. Take a left at the next hallway." Kanashii says, looking straight ahead with determined eyes. Darigan does as she instructs. They end up at a room with chains running down it.

*Where are we?* Darigan questions, looking at Kanashii as she hesitantly walks toward the door.

"It's been so long..." Kanashii mutters, looking at the door with watery eyes. She reaches out a shaky hands and gasps the door knob. She turns the knob, and slowly opens it, revealing a bedroom that looks as though it hasn't been touched in years. Kanashii walks inside, and shakily touches everything. Darigan snakes his head into the room, and watches Kanashii closely.

*What is it, Kanashii? Who does this room belong to?* Darigan asks, looking at her with uncertain eyes. Kanashii slowly turns her head, and looks at him.

"This room-" Kanashii takes a deep breath. When she goes to look at Darigan, she finds that she is incapable of doing so.

*Spit it out, Kanashii!!* Darigan shouts, glaring at her.

"This used to be my....my...father's room..." Kanashii mutters, looking at the bed. Darigan withdraws from the room and hisses.

*You mean I hatched for a child of the Wyrdfell!!* Darigan shouts, baring his teeth. Kanashii walks to the door, and looks at Darigan.

"Can we discuss this later? We really don't have time right now!" Kanashii says, glaring at Darigan.
♠ ♠ ♠
...