Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

A Promise to Never Harm

*That's what's puzzling me the most. Why didn't anyone realize we were escaping?* Darigan wonders, looking at Kanashii with quizical eyes.

"Who knows. They probably knew, just didn't care. Not many people do." Kanashii says with a strange note in her voice.

*Not even when it comes to someone their king orders them to watch?* Darigan asks, looking at her with disbelieving eyes.

"Nope." Kanashii says as she turns to look at him with a grin. "What questions do you have for me?" Kanashii asks, the look on her face suddenly becoming serious.

*Where should I start?* Darigan wonders as around ten different questions pop into his mind at once.

"Start with the one that seems the most urgent. That's what I always do." Kanashii says with a shrug as she closes her eyes, and rocks back onto the balls of her feet.

*Very well. How much magic did you have before I hatched for you?* Darigan asks, looking at her with dagger like eyes. Kanashii looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"THAT'S the most pressing question you could come up with?!" Kanashii demands, glaring at him.

*No, but it's the one that's nagging at me the most at the moment.* Darigan says with a shrug of his shoulders before shaking his head.

"Very well. I had the same amount as ever young elf does. Which, of course, is a lot." Kanashii say with a sigh.

*What's you fathers name?* Darigan questions, not missing a beat.

"Zereron." Kanashii says with a strange note to her voice.

*How old were you when he died?* Darigan questions, watching her closely as a strange look covers her face.

"You do know that these are very....strange questions, right?" Kanashii asks, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

*Yes! Now, answer!* Darigan commands.

"Very well. I was nine when he died." Kanashii says, holding her hands in the air in surrender.

*And where were you most of those nine years?* Darigan questions.

"Well....I can't say where I was before I turned a year old, but after that, I was with the elves until I was eight, at which time, my father came and got me." Kanashii says with a sigh as the memory comes out of the place she had baried it in.

*Did you ever pledge anything to Galbatorix?* Darigan demands, looking at her with hesitant eyes.

"No." Kanashii says with a sigh. Darigan continues to interrogate her for the next couple hours, until Kanashii finally holds a hand up. "Okay, Darigan. I've answered enough questions." She says, shaking her head in an attempt to rid it of the bad memories that had surfaced throughout the interogation.

*One more.* Darigan says, looking at her with intent eyes. Kanashii sighs.

"All right, what is it?" Kanashii asks, looking up at him. He snakes his head around until he's completely facing her before his whole body goes ridgid.

*You must swear in the language of your birth that you will never turn against the race who's blood runs through your veins.* Darigan says, looking at her with fire filled eyes.

"Riders......or elves?" Kanashii asks. Darigan notices that she has a hard time saying the last word.

*Elves.* Darigan says simply, choosing to ignore the hesitance she had, had for the time being.

"Very well." Kanashii says with a sigh. She thinks for a moment, trying to put the words in the right order. "Vel einradhin iet ai Shur'tagal en ai svit-kona ir enort firde o firx govi foe ajoelg eittd eiifet ip." Kanashii says, holding a hand over her heart as she says the phrase.

*Very good.* Darigan says as his eyes soften. He gets up, and walks away from her.

"What's wrong?" Kanashii asks, looking after him.

*I'll be back.* Darigan says simply as he jumps into the air, flying toward the east.
♠ ♠ ♠
...