Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

A Mother's Hate

*Very well. Go get some sleep. I'll watch over you.* Darigan says in a soft voice as he pushes Kanashii into the room. Kanashii nods, and walks into the room before shutting the door behind her. She collapses to the ground the moment she does.

"Damn!" Kanashii says lightly to avoid Darigan from overhearing. She slowly stands up, and walks out of the doorway, toward the bed. She collapses onto it, and drifts into a restless healing sleep.

Fourty-eight hours later, Ashina is standing next to Kanashii with Darigan's head looking over her shoulder. She quickly slits the skin of where the wound had been. She inhales a breath when the black blood begins to seep out of the wound.

*What's wrong?* Darigan questions, looking at Ashina with questioning eyes.

"Her blood hould not be this color. It should be a silver shade." Ashina says, running a hand right above the blood.

*So the poison is not gone?* Darigan questions, looking at the woman with wide eyes.

"Far from it, I am afraid. It is working havic on her body, and that is why she has yet to awaken." Ashina says as she takes a step away from Kanashii. Darigan shakes his head.

*She CAN'T die!* Darigan shouts, a growl rising from his throat.

"Oh, don't worry about that. She is far from death. As long as she stays in the healing sleep she placed herself within, she will be fine." Ashina says with a wave of her hand.

*Can she heal this on her own?* Darigan asks, hope filling his voice.

"No." Ashina says simply. Darigan looks at her with narrowed eyes.

*Then what can we do?* Darigan questions. Ashina looks at him for a moment before answering.

"We have to find someone who can make the antidote. There has to be someone within Du Weldenvarden that knows how to counteract this particular poison. The only tricky part is the convince them that it's not for the enemy." Ashina says, looking at Kanashii with a hint of....something in her eyes.

*Just say it's for your daughter!* Darigan says, beginning to grow irritated.

"That won't work. Not many see her as anything BUT the enemy." Ashina says, shaking her head.

*Does that include you?* Darigan demands, suddenly placing the look Ashina had given Kanashii. She turns a horrified look toward Darigan.

"Of course I do not hate my daughter! What on earth would make you think that?!" Ashina shouts, looking at Darigan with irritated eyes. Darigan looks deep into her eyes.

*Well, lets see....one, when she was here with you, you never stopped any of the elves that used to harrass her. Two, when Zereron came for her, you didn't try to stop him. Three, after she was gone, you never tried to get her back. Four, she has been on her own of the last nine years, and you didn't even BOTHER to look for her!* Darigan says, his voice getting louder, and more irritated until he looks Ashina in the eyes again, smoke blowing out of his nose. *I think I've made my point.* He says as he snakes his head over to the saddle. He lifts it out of the room, before turning to look at Ashina once again. *Do you mind helping me with this?* Darigan says with a murderous look that Ashina dare not argue with.
♠ ♠ ♠
...