Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Meeting Arya

Ashina walks out of the room and helps Darigan hook the saddle on his back. He then snakes his head back inside the room, and lift's Kanashii out of it. He sets her on his back, and Ashina hooks her legs into it. He then grabs the double swords and the bag that Kanashii had put more stuff in, and flies away, toward Ellesmera.

*She shall NOT threaten MY rider!* Darigan vows as he begins to flap his wings with even more vigor.

*Dar.....igan?* Kanashii asks in a far away voice.

*Hold on, Kanashii. I'm taking you somewhere where you can get proper medical treatment.* Darigan says, trying to reach her in her far away place.

*What's wrong with where we were?* Kanashii asks, not comprehending why Darigan had left. Darigan contemplates how to answer the questions for a few moments

*Well....they didn't have anyone that could make the antidote there. So we're going to see the queen.* Darigan says, only to stop when panic washes over Kanashii.

*But the queen has never liked me! She'll never agree to assist me!* Kanashii says, sounding a little small.

*Surely she wouldn't, as the queen of the elves, deny a dragon's request. Not to mention the fact that you won't even be conscious for any of it.* Darigan says, sure that his plan will work.

*Okay, but at least do me a favor.* Kanashii says as her voice begins to become softer.

*What?* Darigan asks in a light tone.

*Don't remove me from the saddle. A lot of elves hate me, and you can't be too sure who is friend and who is foe.* Kanashii says before her voice becomes non-existant. She sinks back into the sleep, and Darigan flies toward Ellesmera with even more vigor. When he arrives, he lands and roars. About thirty elves appear, and walk toward him. A female elf walks up to him.

"My name is Arya, how may I help you great Skulbaka?" The woman asks, looking at him with a critical look.

*Yes. I have come to get an antidote.* Darigan says, looking at the woman with wild eyes.

"What ailes you, great one?" Arya asks, looking at Darigan with horrified eyes.

*Not me, my rider.* Darigan says as he turns so the elves can see Kanashii's unconscious form in te saddle on his back.

"Okay, what ailes her?" Arya asks, still looking at Darigan.

*A rare poison that is used to kill elves.* Darigan says in a stressed voice.

"May I?" Arya asks, looking at Darigan for permission. Darigan nods, and watches as Arya carefully walks up to Kanashii, and touches her forehead. "It is Norsem that was used, correct?" Arya asks, looking at Darigan, who nods. "Very well, I shal-" Arya begins, but stops when she hears Darigan growl. She takes a step back, giving him plenty of room. She raises her hands in defeat. "I understand your hesitance, but I can not treat her if I can not examine her." Arya says in a voice that says she knows what she's talking about. Darigan shifts, and the hair that was covering Kanashii's face moves to reveal the Dragon shaped scar going down the left side of her face. One of the elves takes a step back.

"It's the traitor! She probably came on Galbatorix's orders! Kick them out, Arya! Before she wakes up!" The elf says as he looks around wildly. Arya turns to look at the elf while Darigan does as well, and growls.
♠ ♠ ♠
...