Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Missing Rider

"So, is that what you think I would do with one of our own?" Arya demands, turning a glare to the elf.

"But! She's the one th-" The elf begins, but Arya raises her hand to silence him.

"You will do well to remember your place, Vlad. Now-" Arya says as she turns back to Darigan. "I must take her to the informatory so that I may examine her." Arya says, looking at Darigan with even eyes. Darigan looks around. "You may come with, if you wish. Our halls are large enough for Dragon's to walk through." Arya says, bowing her head slightly.

*Very well.* Darigan says. Arya walks toward two huge door. As she gets close to them, they open. She looks back at Darigan.

"I take it my cousin has taken good care of you?" Arya asks, looking at Darigan from head to tail.

*Yes, she....WAIT! What do you mean, cousin?* Darigan demands, looking at Arya with wide eyes before glancing back at Kanashii.

"Kanashii is my cousin. Her mother is....or was...my father's sister." Arya says in an offhanded voice. Darigan's quit for a moment before looking back at Arya.

*Why wouldn't she tell me that she w-* Darigan begins, but stops when Arya sighs.

"Don't threat over it. It's a known fact that she has never liked her heritage." Arya says, turning a smile to Darigan.

*Good to know.* Darigan says. They continue walking until they get to a door. Arya opens it, and Darigan follows her inside. *What else has she been hiding from me?* Darigan asks, looking at Arya with interested eyes.

"Well, did she tell you about her father being one of the foresworn?" Arya asks, placing a finger on her chin in thought.

*Yes.* Darigan says, nodding his head.

"Hm....I wonder why she wouldn't tell you about her mother's heritage, but she told you that...oh....wait! Did she tell you about her father being the only foresworn with elven blood?" Arya asks, her eyes wide as she looks at Darigan.

*No....* Darigan says, shaking his head.

"So she didn't tell you ANY of her heritage. I wonder why she didn't tell you that....oh well, she's not exactly in her right mind." Arya says, looking at Kanashii.

*What do you mean?* Darigan questions, baring his teeth in warning.

"I mean, that when she was younger, all the kids used to beat her for what her father helped Galbatorix did." Arya says in an offhanded voice.

*Why would they blame HER?* Darigan questions, looking at Kanashii with uncomprehending eyes.

"I don't know, they just did. I mean, after her brother got captured..." Arya says, but slowly drifts off when she sees the confused look on Darigan's face. "Well, I'm not surprised that she didn't tell you about him. She used to be really close to him. Out of our whole family, the only ones that took notice of her were he and I." Arya says with a sad look on her face.

*What happened to him?* Darigan asks, looking at Arya with sad eyes.

"He was captured when the riders fell. No one knows if he's still alive or if he's dead somewhere." Arya says, shaking her head at the thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
guess i'll tell you a little bit more about kanashii then i have so far....boy will she be pissed off when she wakes up and finds out that arya just told darigan everything about her past....well, kind of.
Peace!!
KcA