Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

She's an Elf

A few hours pass, leaving Kanashii sitting on the ground, breathing hard as she thinks about what she had just did.

*How could that power have come from within me? I remember being scared about then angry...then I.....* Kanashii mentally says as she shakes her head. She stands up, and walks toward the clearing. When she gets there, she looks around to see a stranger carrying some kind of stone. She runs toward him, and stops when she's in front of him.

"Who are you?" She questions.

"That is of no concern. I'm here trying to find someone that wants this." The stranger says, holding up a beautiful black stone.

"What is it?" Kanashii asks, mesmerized by the stone.

"A beautiful stone that I've been trying to give away." The stranger says with an odd note in his voice.

"What do you want for it?" Kanashii asks.

"Only for you to point me toward the nearest town." The stranger says with a smile.

"That's simply enough." Kanashii says with a shrug as she raises her hand, and points toward the west.

"Thank you." The stranger says with a bow as he sets the stone on the ground before walking away at a fairly fast pace.

*I wonder what's up with him.....hm....* Kanashii mentally mutters before she shrugs, and walks toward the stone. She picks it up, and it suddenly starts to move. Instead of dropping it, she watches in fascination as it slowly wobbles in her hands. *Not a stone....some kind of egg.* Kanashii mentally says with absolute certainty. She smiles as she walks off toward where her stuff is sitting. When she gets there, she sees all of Evalyn's things gone.

"I guess she took my advice on getting out of here...." Kanashii sighs. "Well, there's nothing I can do about it so oh well." She says as she sits down, and sets the egg next to her.

*I wonder what it's going to hatch into.* She says in excitement as she lays down and falls asleep.

Two days pass, and Kanashii wakes up to feeling completely terrible.

"What a bad time to be sick! ACHOO!! And of course I don't have any herbs with me." Kanashii says, a bit angry at herself. She uses all her strength to sit up when she hears someone come into the clearing.

"Well, look at what we have here!" A man with a menacing smirk on his face says as he steps toward me.

"And tell me, sweetie. Why would you be out here all alone?" Another guy asks as he steps out of behind a tree. They both laugh. Kanashii stumbles toward where her sword is laying on the ground next to her bag. Only to be stopped by a set of arms going around her waist.

"I have her. Quickly! Go get some rope." Another guy says. Kanashii hears rustling as someone comes up, and covers her eyes with a cloth, knocking her to the ground.

"Okay, darling. We need cooperation. If you do, there's a good chance you can save yourself the hurt." The second guy says. Kanashii feels someone move her hair back, and gasp.

"What's wrong?" The first guy demands.

"She's an elf! Look at this!" The last guy says as he runs a finger over her ear. She hears someone walk up next to her, and whistle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA