Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

The King's Property

"While, I'll be!" The first guy says. Someone takes her gloves off, and grabs her left arm.

"And she also belongs to the Empire." The third guy says.

"How much do you think the Empire will pay for her?" A new voice asks.

"Only.....a fortune!" The first guy says in a happy voice.

"But since she's an elf....how do we keep her from using her skills?" The third guy asks.

"We'll get some drugs in the next town. Bring the horse over." The first guy commands.

"Hold on." The second guy says.

"What is it?" The first guy asks in an impatient voice.

"She's got her own horse." The second guy says.

"Bring it here." The first guy commands. Kanashii hears her horse whinnying as they bring it toward her. The first guy whistles. "Nice horse." He says in an interested voice. Kanashii's suddenly lifted up, and put into a saddle that's not her own. Someone straps her legs in.

*Great. Just what I needed today.* Kanashii mentally shouts. She hears something growling, and instantly thinks of her baby dragon.

^Don't fight them, PLEASE!!^ Kanashii pleads.

^Why?^ The dragon asks in confusion.

^Just trust me! Let them catch you.^ Kanashii pleads.

^If you say so.^ The dragon says with a sigh. The growling stops, and someone carries the baby dragon over toward Kanashii.

"Look at this." The new guy says.

"What is it?" The first guy demands. Silence follows for a while. When he finally does talk, his voice is full of surprise and excitement. "This makes the price go up! An elf PLUS a dragon rider! We'll be swimming in money!" The guy says, sounding absolutely happy. The baby dragon squeals as it's thrown into a bag. The bag is thrown on the horse behind Kanashii, and strapped into the hooks where a blanket normally goes. "Off we go!" The guy says as the horse begins to move.

They travel for nearly a week. Within that time, they keep Kanashii drugged all of the time.

"Finally we'll be rid of the bitch and the rodent!" The first guy says one night in an annoyed voice.

"No kidding! We've spent a fortune for the drugs to keep her knocked out!" The third guy says in a sad voice.

"I know!" The second guy says.

The next morning, they walk up to the gates, and talk to the guard. The guards usher them inside the gates, where some more guards take over the job of escorting them, and keeping them from taking anything from the palace. They're escorted into the kings thrown room.

"What can I do for you good people?" Galbatorix asks.

"We brought something that belongs to you." The first guy says in a respect filled voice.

"The young elf girl?" Galbatorix asks, slightly excited.

"Yes." The first guy says. All four of Kanashii's kidnappers go down to their knees.

"Okay. You may go with my guards and receive your reward. You must leave both the elf and her horse here, though." Galbatorix says. One of the guards walks forward, and takes both Kanashii's horse and the horse she's currently on as the kidnappers are lead out of the room. Once they're gone, Galbatorix stands up, and walks toward where the horses are. He gets to Kanashii, and moves her hair back from her face.

"My king." One of the guards asks.

"What!!" Galbatorix demands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA