Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

24 Hour Sleep

When the two of them wake up, they're greeted by the smell of food. Darigan jumps off of Kanashii, and heads toward the pile of meat on the ground.

"You do realize that, that's probably drugged, right?" Kanashii asks, looking at the dragon worried eyes.

*At the present time, I could not care.* Darigan says as he takes a huge bite out of the top of the pile.

"Just thought I'd warn you." Kanashii says with a shrug.

*That you did.* Darigan says with a satisfiled hum in his voice as he takes another bite out of the pile. Kanashii laughs, and looks around the room before she spots more food on the table, consisting mainly of fruit. She picks up a peach, and examines it before take a bite out of it. *It appears you do not care about drugs anymore than I do.* Darigan says with humor.

*Yeah well...* Kanashii metally says due to her mouth being busy chewing the peach. She eats three more peaches before eating two strawberries. She walks over to the bed, and lays down again before falling asleep and sleeping for twenty-four hours. When she wakes up, she's surprised to see that Darigan had grown a great deal in the 24 hours that she had been out.

*Why hello, and let me welcome you back to the world of the living.* Darigan says as he taps her forehead with his own.

"Sorry, Galbatorix's rampage through my memories took a lot out of me." Kanashii says as she runs her hand down his scales.

*The guards were starting to wonder if you would ever wake up.* Darigan says, looking toward the door.

*That would have been a sight to see!* Kanashii mentally says with a grin on her face before she bursts out laughing.

"Is there any food?" Kanashii asks, looking around the room.

*They put some more fruit on the table for you.* Darigan says, looking toward the table. Kanashii smiles as she stands up, and walks toward the table, where she grabs a pear.

"Food, food, food." Kanashii chants before taking a bite of the juicy fruit while humming to herself.

*What are you so happy about? Especially since we're still trapped here!!* Darigan shouts, glaring at Kanashii.

"Um...I'm not exactly sure to the tell the truth...I just have a feeling of peace." Kanashii says with a shrug. Darigan growls in frustration. "Oh, come on! You're a dragon! Can't you feel it?" She questions, looking at Darigan with a raised eyebrow. Darigan turns a serious look at her. "Hm....strange. My mother always told me that dragons had the same ability as elves...maybe the only dragons that fit that description are females." She says, perplexed.

*What are you rambling? And how would your mother known so much about elves?* Darigan demands, glaring at Kanashii.

"Because she WAS one!" Kanashii shout before sighing, and walking over to the door. She knocks on it. A few minutes pass before she gets an answer.

"What do you need?" The guard questions.

"Water would be great." Kanashii says, and listens until she hears the sound of leaving footsteps echoing down the hall.

*You have water. What's the point in having him get more?* Darigan demands, looking at her with questioning eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
...