Status: Give it time.. Comments deeply loved!!!

Lie to Me

Chapter Five

Jake left not long after that. Looking over at the clock, I noticed it was only five. "Charlie! I'm going out!" I yelled running down the stairs and out the door before he could respond. I just remembered I need clothes and school shit for tomorrow. Getting in my car I counted the money Charlie gave me. Wow, there is more than enough for some for some new clothes. I only went up to Port Angeles and bought some new boots and stuff. Walking in a book store that caught my eye, I noticed a gypsy dressed woman behind the counter.

"Salutations, welcome." She smiled. Her pale skin reflected off of the candles around her.
"Any certain book you’re looking for?"

"No, I'm just looking." I smiled, and then thought, "Well, there is one."

"Hold on, I know what you want." The woman got up with grace and pulled out a thick book. "Here." She handed me worn book called Incendia Exuro. The phrases were in Latin but I new the first term all too well, Fire.

I opened my mouth to ask her the price but she said, "Just take it. I hope to see you soon Jesse Swan." I put the book into my bag and hurried out the door. How'd she know my name?

I shook off the uneasy feeling and headed home. Pulling all my bags out of the trunk I heard Charlie, "Ah, your home. Let me help you with those." I smiled and let him take the last two.

"Thanks Dad, for the money."

"Anytime princess. I'm here to take care of you." He smiled his fatherly smile. Finally getting it all in and upstairs, I was exhausted. Driving all day yesterday and doing stuff today has finally gotten to me. Pulling my cigarettes out of my pocket I lit one. After finally putting it out I got out my lighter and let the flame burn. Starring at it, getting lost in it, I began to move my hand and I wielded the fire into a ball, and just like that it was gone. Damn.

I then remembered the book that woman gave me. I pulled it out of my bag and looked it over. I was ready to read and then I heard, "Dad, I'm home." Bella.

I heard her begin to walk up the stairs so I quickly stuffed it under my bed. I pulled out my new clothes as I was looking at them the whole time. "What are you doing?" I heard her question. I turned around to see her in my doorway, eyes narrowed.

"Hanging up my clothes dipshit, what's it look like." Her eyes shot open wide when I cussed at her. God I can't stand her.

"Yeah, well be ready early. Dad said for me to ride with you tomorrow till you know your way around the school." Great, it's bad enough that we’re related. Now I have to be seen with her?

Damn, the sounded shallow. Oh well.

"Yeah whatever. Get the hell out of my room.” Talking to Bella I forgot completely about the book and fell into my constant-nightmare sleep.

I now know there is twenty glow-in-dark stick on stars on my ceiling. I've been up for a while, just waiting on my alarm to go off. “BEEP-BEEP-BEEP.” I reached over and hit the off button, then turned on the radio part. “I’m just kid and life is a nightmare! I just a kid and I know that it’s not fair!” of course a Simple Plan song about a kid’s life that sucks. Way to start off the day.
After I got a shower and was getting dressed I hear Bella yell, “Come on, Jess! Let’s go!” God, she a fucking nerd. Who hurries to school? I get and drivers seat and light a cigarette. “Can you put that out?”

“No.” Simple answer to a stupid question. When we get to the student parking lot of the school, I notice the stares. I also notice the crap cars around the parking lot except for Edward’s ugly Volvo and a shiny red convertible next to it. I guess my car stood out a bit, and I loved it. People seem to think because Bella is so sweet and innocent, I’m the same. Those people are sadly mistaken. I’m shallow, and I do what’s best for me. I love attention, especially the male kind. I wasn’t always this way.

“Hey Bella”, A guy called as we got out of the car. He had blondish hair and light blue eyes. To top it off a boyish smile, kid’s cute. But once he reached us, he ignored Bella’s greeting completely. “Hi I’m Mike Newton. Bella never mentioned she had a sister.” Doesn’t surprise me.

“Jesse.” I smirked.

“Sweet. I can show you to the main office if you like.” Mike kind of annoys me, but I’ll get away from Bella.

“Charlie asked me to-” Bella began.

Then I interrupted, “-I’d like that,” He led me up to the brick building and into a little office I would’ve found on my own.

“Here we are my lady.” Mike smiled, and then offered “I can save you a seat at lunch.”

“Thanks.” I put on one last fake smile and he left.

I cleared my throat and a little woman looked up at me. “Oh, you must be Jesse. Go on through this door behind me, Principal Sheppard wants to speak with you.”

I did as told and opened the squeaky door. “Ah, Jesse Swan. I’ve been waiting to meet you.”

“What? To see if I’m as much trouble as I they say?” I smiled back sweetly.

Principal Sheppard frowned, “All right kid, I’m just going to say this. You get three strikes and then you’re out and back to Swift River. Here’s you schedule and a map of the school, get to class.”

I oddly feel respect for that woman. Waling into my first period I felt the stares boring into me. I took all the self control I had to turn around and tell them to fuck off. Telling the teacher my name his eyes widen. Both of the Swan daughters have returned home. He said to take a seat wherever I found an open one. Looking at the class I saw an extremely pretty, pixie looking girl openly starring at me. She looked a lot like the woman at the book store, radiating with a bizarre beauty. Taking an open seat a couple rows over, the class room door opens. “Sorry I’m late sir.” This girl was your average blond bitch. She had that I’m-pretty-and-I-know-it attitude. Stuck up bitches: every school has got them and everyone secretly wants to be them.

“It’s all right, take a seat Lauren.”

She was headed towards her seat and stopped in front of me. “Excuse me, you’re in my seat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.jessica.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/everyday-wear-for-fall.jpg :First Day
It makes me mad Lauren wasn't in the movies.
http://www.bartcop.com/hayden-panettiere-17.jpg : Lauren

xoxo

Vixen