Status: Working Progress

On the Surface I Have the Perfect Life, But My Life Isn't Surfacing

The queenof deciet and the kind of lies (51)

Marcus POV.

Poppy was sat next to me at tiny Portuguese restaurant our mothers still yet to arrive.

“So you ad CJ…” Poppy purred.

“What about us?”

“You two can’t be happy, I mean who wants to be forced together?” She said.

“I am happy, she’s a brilliant person…”I said defensively.

“Oh yeah sure she’s a great girl, but are you sure that’s what you need?” She said seductively again, playing with her necklace.

“I’m sure she’s exactly what I need, I mean she’s nothing like you..” I said, sharply.

“Oh and I was so bad to you Marcus” Poppy said mockingly. “I gave you everything you wanted”

“You also gave it to everybody else too” I said bitterly.

Poppy squinted at me. “You can pretend you’re mad at me for our past, but I know you better than anybody, Marc. You forgave me along time ago”

“Maybe I did forgive you, but that doesn’t mean I think what you did was right”

Poppy snorted. “Please darling, not another lecture, I have enough from everybody else. I just want to be friends…”

I looked up from staring at my hands, Poppy was smiling at me, her eyes glinting.

“We are friends, Poppy”

“Good and seeing as we’re friends, I hope you can listen to me when I tell you… CJ isn’t right for you”

“Please Poppy not this again” I shook my head, groaning.

“She’s not who you think she is” Poppy said solemnly. “She’s a bully and she’s a fake”

I shook my head, why would she say this.

“No, no CJ’s not like that…”

“Oh really, so she didn’t cheat on you?” Poppy said, staring at me.

“That was a mistake” I said.

“ Well if you want to believe that, that’s your choice but there’s something about her”

I thought back, she wasn’t like this.

“She’s nothing like this, maybe you got on the wrong side of her when you ruined her wedding dress…” I said.

“Please that was an accident”

I sat silent.

“Its still something for her to be mad about”

“So she’s mad, I knew it. I think that girl has anger issues” Poppy said tactfully.

“No she’s not mad, she’s just upset”

“Well she’s a bit unstable, I thought when you planned a wedding you had to take everything with a pinch of salt” Poppy rectified.

“Its still wrong, Poppy”

“I know, I apologised. Honestly I just want to be friends.” Poppy smiled, the smile of all smiles.

Maybe she was being honest…
♠ ♠ ♠
wooo hope you liked it:) much love xo