Status: First Story In writers block... helpppp!

The Unwanted Bird Sings

Gentle Touch

Tasha's POV
Sitting with Paul at the house I was still really shaken up by the way Jacob was coming at me in the grocery store. Paul knew not to say anything right now, yes I was extremely scared and frightened but it was hard to be upset at Jacob. He was someone that took my heart and held it tightly in his hands. No matter what happened he was still somewhere in my heart and it hurt to have him there because of everything that he had done. Looking up at Paul he was looking around the house trying to get his mind of all of this, I could tell reaching out I touched his hand and got his attention. Smiling at him I silently told him that I was OK now.

" Do you want to go over to Sam's we have some pack stuff to do and I think it would be good for you to get out of the house"

Nodding I smiled thinking that it would be good to everyone again and to get some fresh air and have Paul have a little free time away from me so that I wasn't smothering him. Hi might not admit it but being everywhere with me was probably killing him and that he needed a little personal and guy time with the pack and himself. Picking me up he gently placed me into his truck while my chair was thrown into the back and we headed over there. The pack was already there and they were all bustling like usual, I smiled bigger than I had in months. They turned to us when we walked through the door and Seth was the first one to come towards up, soon followed by Emily. He gave me a huge hug trying not to crush me too much while I was still sitting in my chair. He was talking a thousand miles a minute telling me about the things that I had missed over the last couple days and that once I was all better I was going to be meeting his imprint and that we were going to have to much fun with them. I wasn't too sure since that would have made me third wheel, but it was good to see that he was so happy.

The night went smoothly, there was no drama and what was odd was that when I was starting to get tired I looked around the room and I finally saw Jacob he was sitting with Quil and Embry but he was completely silent I didn't even notice that he was there until now. He was talking to the two of them until he felt that I was looking at him/ His reaction was a little startling, he gave me one of the saddest smiles that I had ever seen and than went back to what he was doing. He didn't try to talk to me, no waving, no glaring at Paul he just smiled and went back to his business. Did he finally get it?

>>FF<<

Its been nearly two months since Jacob finally started leaving me alone. I was now walking completely without using the chair like I was earlier, yet I couldn't stand or walk for long periods of time before my body started to hurt. Jacob would still look over at me but he didn't say at word to me or Paul really for that matter. Paul seemed to calm down and I was starting to make acknowledging sounds to people for right now, I wasn't quite ready yet to talk but I was working on it by myself. I was getting better with what happened and I wasn't scared of Jacob anymore, just everyday I felt more and more compelled to fix what happened between us. Like that things shouldn't have ended the way they did and that we needed to talk it out. Have an agreement between us so that things could be good again like they were before my neck was even broken.

Now standing in front of Sam's front door on the porch looking inside to see Jacob sitting on the couch talking to the pack.

Taking a deep breathe I took a step in