Status: omfg I have 10 STARS! eee! You guys are epic. ^.^

Chelsea Smile.

Chapter 12: Fight or Flight.

After an hour or so of driving, Calla had Oli stop by the salon and pick up some glue and a pack of black hair weave. The three of them were sitting in the airport bathroom as Calla pinned up Curtis's hair up and got to work. It was a fast process, and within minutes Calla was almost done.

"Hold still Curtis!" She giggled, applying the last piece of weave to the back of his head. Curtis wrinkled his nose and shivered a little as tingles went down his spine. The glue from the weave was cold. Calla pressed the end firmly to the back of his head, rubbing the glue in and making sure it stuck. Once she felt it was dry enough, she grabbed a comb and smoothed out all his hair. She stood back for a moment to look at her work. To be honest, he looked even better with longer hair. She gave him a small smile and turned his seat around to face the mirror.

"So Mr. Ward, what do you think?"

Curtis looked at his reflection blankly. A small smile crept across his face as he touched his hair.

"Wow...that looks amazing Calla," He turned around and smiled at her warmly. Oli eyed him and immediately wrapped his arms around her waist. She smiled at him warmly and kissed his lips.

"We've got to go get the tickets," Oli mumbled into his girlfriend's lips. Calla slowly broke the kiss and smiled at him. She then turned her head and looked at Curtis.

"You sure you don't have any clothes to pack?" She asked curiously. Curtis shook his head.

"I've only got the ones on my back," He replied.

"Well that won't do at all," Calla spoke, "Don't worry, we'll all go shopping once we hit Paris. It'll be great!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Curtis chirped, standing up and stretching his arms. Calla looked down at his torso. His shirt slightly exposed the creamy white skin on his stomach. His hip bones were poking through, exposing how thin he really was underneath. She furrowed her brows in concern and looked over at Oli. He wasn't paying the slightest attention. He was just texting away on his iPhone. She took his hand and looked over at Curtis with a smile.

"Well, we've got a few minutes before our flight starts to board," She announced heartily, "So I say we grab a bite to eat and head to our terminal."

The two boys agreed to her request and went to get something to eat. Curtis got himself a cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's. Oli and Calla (being vegetarian) grabbed some Naked juice and some stir fry with tofu from The China Palace. When they finished their meal, their flight was called for boarding. The three of them got on the plane, settled in, and flew off towards Paris. While on the plane, Oli started to grow annoyed with Curtis. He was playing some childish hand slapping game with Calla. They giggled and smiled at each other warmly. Oli eyed them the whole time. Deep inside, he'd hoped Calla would notice so that she could get the hint that he was pissed. But Curtis had her complete attention. She was so focused on winning the game, she didn't hear Oli sigh sadly or groan in annoyance. Two games or so later, Calla came out as the victor. She held her arms in the air victoriously and looked over at Oli with a grin.

"Did you see that, love?" She asked, "I totally schooled him, Blew him out of the water. Hey, you should play him."

Oli leaned against the little window and looked away with a frown. Calla cocked her eyebrow upwards and leaned closer to him.

"Something wrong?" She asked curiously. He didn't answer. He merely sighed sharply and shifted in his seat. Calla leaned even closer and placed her hand under his chin. She turned his face to her own, making their eyes meet. She stared at him in concern.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked again. Oli gently pulled his face away and looked down at the floor. Calla leaned in closer to his face and kissed his cheek. The little hairs on his chin prickled her lips. She placed small baby kisses on his cheek and whispered quietly. She asked him what was wrong. She started to play the guessing game and asked him if it was this or that. Oli didn't reply once. Deep inside, he gave Curtis a taunting smirk. On the outside he merely shook his head and gave her a weak smile.

“Don’t worry about it, Love,” He replied solemnly. Calla furrowed and pursed her lips a little.

“Are you sure?” She asked curiously. Oli nodded his head.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine,” He answered, “…although, there is one thing.”

“What is it?” She asked. A small half smile appeared on his face. He leaned into her ear and whispered his request. When he was done, he gently kissed her earlobe and smiled at her. Calla’s eyes widened slightly and she giggled, placing another kiss on his cheek. She slid out of her seat and walked past Curtis. She turned around and winked at Oli as she headed for the bathrooms. Curtis looked back at Oli sharply.

“What’d you ask her?” He interrogated. Oli shrugged with a taunting grin on his face.

“Nothing big…”

Curtis deep inside let out a sigh of relief.

“,,,Just if she knew what the Mile High Club was,” Oli finished, Curtis shot his head back a little in surprise. Oli let out a slight chuckle, slipping out of his seat and walking into the aisle. He turned around and leaned over, getting in Curtis’s face.

“You can’t take what’s already been taken,” He whispered, “Calla’s mine Curtis, got it? I don’t give up what’s mine that easily. People lose much more than their ego when they fuck with me.”

Curtis didn’t flinch. He just looked at him when a blank stare. A small Cheshire-like grin appeared on his face.

“It’s on then,” He whispered back. Oli smirked at him and shook his head.

“No, it’s not on,” Oli hissed, “Your fate is one-sided with me. Fight me, and get your throat slit. Back down now, and you’ll live to see tomorrow. I can’t guarantee the day after though.”

Curtis scoffed and shook his head.

“I see you,” He replied.

“What?”

“I can see right through you,” He repeated, “You like control. You need some sort of stability. Right now, this is the only thing that’s making sense to you. You’ve gone through life like walking through an earthquake. Your childhood was a blur. You were hurt too many times in the past. Calla saved you though. She took all the hurt away from you. She could relate to you. What was once a strong sense of love is now an obsession. You need her like a heroin addict needs his fix.”

Oli scanned Curtis up and down. He had seen this type of behavior before. Curtis had some type of personality disorder. What kind he had, was the question. If he could find that out, he could pinpoint his weaknesses and take him out. If Curtis was going to stand and fight him for Calla’s affection, then he would have to cut his legs off from under him. There was no way in hell he was going to let him win. No way in hell.

Several hours later, the plane had finally landed. The three of them left the airport, rode a taxi, and settled into a fine French hotel.

“So, we’re ordering three rooms then?” Oli asked as they reached the front desk. Calla smiled lightly and thought about it.

”I figured that we could have two,” She replied, “that way you and me can share one. “

Oli gave her a warm smile and kissed her on the cheek. He then looked up at the desk man and ordered two rooms. The front desk man handed them their card keys.

“Rooms 108 and 109, they’re on the first floor,” He informed.

The three of them too the elevator to the 1st floor and headed towards their rooms. Oli and Calla entered room 108 and Curtis entered his room 109. He walked into the dark room and turned on the lights. The ceilings were painted with angels and clouds on it. The bedroom looked like it belonged to a royal. He smiled lightly as he slipped off his shoes and threw his suitcase aside. Once he felt comfortable enough, he walked over to Calla and Oli’s room. He heard giggles and whispers from behind the door. He bit his lip and balled his hand into a fist. He knocked on the door lightly and the giggling stopped.

“Oli, go answer it,” Calla whispered.

”It’s probably Curtis, who cares,” Oli groaned.

”It’s probably important,” Calla spoke.

”Just ignore him, he’ll go away eventually,”

“Oli….” Calla sighed. Curtis heard a groan go off and feet walking across the carpet. The lock clicked and the door swung open. Oli was standing there shirtless with a pissed off look.

“The hell do you want?” He snapped. Curtis gave him a weak smile.

”Um…Do you think…do you think we can um…switch bedroom partners?” He asked sheepishly. Oli glared daggers at him.

”There’s no way in hell you’re sharing a room with Calla,” He replied.

”No no no, I don’t mean Calla,” Curtis explained, “I was hoping…well…that you could be my roommate.”

“Hell no!” Oli spoke out, shutting the door in curtis’s face.

“Oli! Open that door right now!” Calla demanded. Oli swung it open and glared at Curtis.

“I’m not gonna be your roommate,” He spoke sharply. Calla slipped off the bed and straightened out her shirt. She walked up beside Oli and stared at Curtis.

“Why do you wanna switch?” She asked curiously. Curtis stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked back at her sheepishly.

“Because…well, because I have nightmares at night,” He admitted.

“Oh my god,” Oli muttered, scoffing and rolling his eyes. Calla punched his arm and looked at Curtis sympathetically.

“I’m sorry Curtis, but you know what? I’ll be your roommate,” She replied with a smile.

“What!?” Oli exclaimed. Calla looked up at Oli and furrowed.

“Well since you won’t, I will,” She spoke out, “Don’t worry Curtis, I promise you’ll get a good night sleep from now on.”

She wrapped her arms around Curtis and gave him a nice, friendly hug. Curtis rubbed her back and eyed Oli the whole time.

“I have a feeling I will too Calla,” He replied with a cocky smirk. Oli shook his head and folded his arms. Once Calla was done, she stood back and looked at her watch.

“Well, we’ve got time for some clothes shopping,” She announced, “So what do you say we get you some nice clothes? Sound good Curtis?”

“Sounds great!” He chirped, “Lemme go get my coat!”

“Well hurry up then,” Calla urged. Curtis nodded and went back to his room to find his coat. Meanwhile, Oli was staring at his girlfriend, folding his arms.

“What?” Calla asked.

“You mind telling me what that whole ordeal was about?” He asked in response. Calla rolled her eyes with a smile.

“You’re so dramatic,” She giggled.

“I’m not dramatic, he’s clearly into you!” Oli exclaimed, shutting the door behind him, “And last I checked, you were my girlfriend!”

“Curtis has a type of Personality Disorder,” Calla explained, “He can’t handle rejection. That’s why he ended up in the Psychiatric hospital in the first place.”

“What do you mean?” He asked in confusion. Calla pulled out her coat along with a manila envelope. She handed it to Oli and started to button up her jacket. Oli opened it and began to read. It was a file about Curtis ward. He recognized the seal, it was from the Steel City Psychiatric Hospital.

“How did you get this?” Oli asked, flipping through papers.

“Nothing but a little computer work,” Calla replied simply.

Oli looked through the file in amazement. There was a lot about Curtis that he had no idea about. He had no idea that he was capable of doing these things. His split personality called himself Gojira. (go-jeer-ah) His family had it all together, except when it came to Curtis. Apparently he had imaginary friends up to when he was 13 years old. He was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia. The diagnosis changed drastically when he stabbed his own art teacher with an exacto knife. He was sent to the psychiatric ward, but was released in a matter of weeks when he was announced, “stable” and “ready for society.” A few weeks after being released, his father was found dead with his throat slit in the basement. His mother and sister were never found, nor was his little brother. The three of them were missing since 98, but the corpses were found at the bottom of the river 68 miles north of Steel City. Curtis was re-admitted to SPH and has been there ever since.

“Amazing, isn’t it?” Calla asked, “He doesn’t remember a thing. He doesn’t know a thing about his family’s death. He still thinks they’re alive to this day. When he gets angry or rejected, Gojira comes out. Gojira is the killer, the mastermind. His victims went missing for several years Oli, several years.”

“He’s brilliant,” Oli breathed, flipping through more of the pages. Calla wrapped her arms around his waist. She pressed her cheek against Oli’s shoulder blades and sighed.

“He’s perfect Oli,” Calla whispered, “He’s the perfect soldier for our army. He can lead them. He can help us save the world.”

Oli looked down at Curtis’s photo. His eyes were dark, cold, empty even. He was holding back a smirk as the light from the camera flash glinted in his eye. Oli’s eyes widened slightly.

“So, you’re Gojira…” He muttered.

“Okay! Everyone ready!” Curtis chirped, knocking on the door repeatedly. Calla slipped the file out of Oli’s handed and gestured for him to open the door. He walked over and opened the door. Curtis strode in happily with a smile on his face. He quickly noticed Calla slipping a manila envelope in her suitcase.

“What’s that for?” He asked curiously. Calla zipped up her back and shook her head.

“Nothing, just plans,” She replied.

“Plans for what? A wedding?” He asked, walking out the door with the couple behind him.

“Sure,” Calla replied.

“Oh! Who’s getting married? Is it someone I know?” He asked in excitement, “My aunty got married, you know. Boy oh boy, was that a wedding. She had it in Ireland, Dublin, I think. There were sheep everywhere. You couldn’t go anywhere without hitting those puffy buggers. I like sheep though, I just hate how they were everywhere and how they wouldn’t move when you honked the horn and-“

“Calla, he’s doing it again,” Oli muttered, Curtis still chatting his head off in the background. Calla merely placed her hand on his leg and leaned over to peck him on the cheek.

“Don’t worry about it,” She replied, “Everything will be fine. Just think about all the good we can do with him.”

“Yeah, that’s the only thing that’s keeping him alive at the moment,” Oli muttered. Calla smiled lightly and pecked him on the cheek once more.

“Don’t worry,” She repeated, “I know how to bring out Gojira, everything will be fine.”

“What?! How d-”

“Shhhhh,” She whispered “Everything, will…be…fine,”

Oli let out a sigh and looked at Curtis in the mirror. He was still talking his head off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm gonna make the next few chapters violent.
Just warning you incase you wanna avert your eyes.
Shout-outs in the next chapter!
So keep 'em coming!
SKYLER