Sequel: Seasons Change
Status: complete.

There's No Penguins In Alaska

XII

(Winter.)

Alex and I arrived and, just as he said, no one messed with me because I was with him. I’d already made a few new friends. Well a lot of friends, but only a few I could actually trust, the others just befriended me because they were afraid of Alex. I guess he’s kinda a bully. But he lost some of his rep cause of what happened with Shane, or Shawn, or…Sha--oh who cares.

After first period I noticed Alex having some choice words with Shane? Shawn? Oh who cares? I walked up behind What’s-his-face and signaled for Alex to keep quiet.

“God Alex I bet you paid that kid to pretend to be your boyfriend. Pathetic.”

“Whatever I don’t want to talk to you.”

Alex opened his locker but Shane slammed in shut and got in Alex’s face.

“Look. You are scum. You don’t deserve a guy as hot as Winter.” he thinks I’m hot? Wait…no bad. “I bet he broke up with you cause he realized you’re a piece of shit.”

That’s it!

I ran to Alex’s side and faked tears.

“Alex. Baby please take me back, please. I love you. I can’t live without you!” my back was turned on Shane and I winked at Alex indicating to play along.

“No I can’t. we just aren’t meant for each other. I’m sorry.”

“Well at least be my friend. I couldn’t live if you weren’t in my life. Please.”

“Ok. Ok.” I hugged him tightly and ran to my next class.

That was fun.

***

One of my new friends was Gage. We were currently sitting in Algebra 2. Eww…so going to sleep.

Gage…he’s hot!!! Not as hot as Alex mind you but still pretty smokin’!! He’s really nice too.

Currently we were passing notes.

Gage: So how do you like the school so far?

Me: Pretty good. People are nice. That might be because of Alex though.

Gage: Yea he’s intimidating. So do you have a boyfriend?

Me: What makes you so sure I’m gay?

Gage: Oh sorry man. You just got that feminine thing about you. My bad.

Me: Well I am. Hehe. The look on your face. But no I don’t why?

Gage: Not funny man. Just wondering. There’ll be plenty of guys on your tail around here.

Me: are you gay? ;)

Gage: Yup :)!

Me: Cool Cool.

Gage: So are you doing anything this weekend?

Me: Are you asking me out on a date?

Gage: Well would you go if I said yes?

Me: Hmm…sure. What do you have in mind?

Gage: Movies? Drag Me To Hell looks spooky.

Me: Cool pick me up at 8?

Gage: Sure thing sweetie.

This is just the thing to make me forget my feelings for Alex.

I pocketed the note just as the bell rang. Gage stood and gave me a peck on the cheek and sauntered out of the class room.

I made my way to my 4th period class. Gym. God I’m a fucking junior. Why do I have to take this? Can’t I be done. I guess I didn’t take this enough at my old school and I had to make up for it.

One upside is that Abby was in this class with me.

Students changed and went to the gym. Abby and I stood talking for a few.

“So how is your first day here?” Abby asked.

“OMG I got asked o- AHH!!”

Someone wrapped their arms around my waist and lifted me off the ground, swinging me in circles.

“LET GO LET GO LET GO!” I screamed and flailed my limbs.

The person let go and turned me around to face them.

“Holy shit Alex don’t do that again!” I yelled and slapped his shoulder.

“Sorry. I couldn’t resist.” he smirked.

“So Winter. You were about to say something?” Abby interjected.

“Oh yea. This Gage guy asked me to the movies this Friday!” oops.

Alex’s face visibly fell the instant I said date.

“Oh that’s great Winter! See, we told you not to be nervous. You made nice friends and even got yourself a boyfriend.” Alex choked on air. I turned to she him glaring a thousand plagues at the ground.

“W-well he’s not my boyfriend. It’s only one date and besides, I may find that I hate him. It’s only been a day.” I sighed and turned to Alex. “So Alex what brings you here?”

“I’m one of the gym aids” I said coldly. Ouch.

“Oh that’s great. You’ll be in here with us. You can protect us from the nasty jocks.” I smiled at him.

He looked completely away from me and mumbled “Why don’t you get Gage to help you?”

‘Great. This is gonna be a long year. What is his problem. He can’t be…jealous? OMG he likes Gage. That’s it! That’s why he’s mad. Well I’ll back off then’

“Get in your places!” the gym dyke yelled.

“Here we go.”