Sequel: Seasons Change
Status: complete.

There's No Penguins In Alaska

IX

(Winter.)

We arrived home and were attacked by a million hugs and kisses from Grams. She freaked asking us what happened and where we were. We promised to stay in the house for two whole days without leaving. Grams stayed with us the entire time too. She’s actually a pretty cool gal. we watched movies, played games. Alex and I even made her listen to screamo. She said it just wasn’t her thing. I think I upset her by making a joke and saying I was going paddle boating and that I’d see her in a few days. She officially banned me from the water. But I found out we had a trampoline. That’s what I was currently doing but was rudely interrupted by Alex.

“Yo hoe. What’s up buttnut?” Alex asked jumping onto the trampoline with me.

“Butt nut? That’s all you’ve got?”

I jumped extremely close to him making him fly into the air and land flat on his back on the ground. I laughed.

“What the fuck you ass?!” Alex screamed at me.

“You called me a butt nut. That’s what you get.” I giggled and shrugged. “well plus the fact that I hate you. Hmm…” I mumbled the last part.

“Whatever I was going to try to be civil but never mind I’ll be on my way.” and with that said he left back to his home.

“More alone time for me.”

‘seriously what is that guy’s issue? One minute he’s all nice and caring, then he’s a perv and an ass, and when I say something mean to him he gets that really hurt look then becomes and even bigger ass.’ wtf!!!

I gave up thinking and started jumping again. Until Summer walked out that is. She looked pissed.

“Why are you always so mean to Alex? What is your problem?” summer asked.

I jumped to the ground, looking Summer in the eyes.

“Look the kid is a douche. I’m just giving what I get. He’s an ass to me. Besides why are you asking this? Aww…did the baby go crying to sissy?” I cooed.

“well he sure was cr-- nothing he just looked upset. Jeez. You know you’re an ass whole sometimes.” she glared as she slapped me upside the head.

“He was crying?” I asked.

“Yup. He’s in my room if you want to man up and apologize.”

With that I huffed and made my way to her room.

***

I cracked Summer’s door to peak inside. What I was unbelievable.

Alex was lying on the bed with his back facing the door. His body was shaking. It was obvious that he was crying.

“Alex? Are you ok?” I asked as I sat down next to him, his back still facing me.

“N-n-no. w-what do you want?” he said trying to control his sobs.

“I just want to talk to you. Why are you so upset? Talk to me.”

“You. You’re the reason I’m ‘upset’. god I hate you. Leave me alone!” he yelled.

“No tell me what I did. I’ll make it better.”

Why am I being to nice. I ‘hate’ this guy. Ok maybe not. Wouldn’t you act mean to someone who’s mean to you? Even if you like the guy? Plus, remember I can’t get attached.

“I just want to be your friend. But you hate me. And I understand if, because of your past, that you can’t let your guard down, but do you have to be so mean?” he finally looked at me and the look in his eyed made my heart shatter.

So I leaned in a gave him a big bear hug.

“You know what? I’ll be your friend but sometimes you’re mean to me too. That’s the only reason I’m mean to you. It’s a two way street.” he nodded.

“Yes I’ll be the best friend you ever had!”

“Ok we’ll how’s about we get you cleaned up and we go have some fun?” he nodded again and smiled.

“Ok. What are we going to do?” he asked.

“Mini Golf?” I suggested.

“Fer Sure!” he yelled.