Status: updating slowly but surely :) of course, depends on the comments i receive!

Behind Closed Doors

Chapter 9

It has been a full week, and my right foot had surprisingly gotten better.

Well, I do have a few werewolves to thank for that fact. Jared, Embry, and Quil, felt so bad about my foot. They said if only they’d tell me sooner, I wouldn’t hurt myself. The strange thing is, when I ask them about the rules about people knowing them as werewolves, and why do they let me know this fascinating fact about them so freely and easily, they shut their mouths up. Quil did say that there’s something else that I should know, he just didn’t feel like he’s the right person who should tell me about it.

Jared feels the guiltiest, since turns out he’s the brown wolf jumping at me, causing me to panic and twist my ankle. He was following me everywhere I go at school, first aid kit in hand, not believing me when I said everything’s okay. Imagine how freaked out I am when I opened the girls’ bathroom door, there he is holding a scroll of toilet paper, then helping me walk to history class, by slumping me off his shoulder. If only Paul wasn’t there tobark attell him to back off, I would’ve thrown a book at his head.

“Watchout!”

I ducked at the voice. “What the—“ but apparently Paul didn’t. His head got hit by a blue Frisbee, causing him to groan. Paul shook his head, fixing his stare at the Frisbee on the floor, then at the direction of the person who threw it. He exhaled lowly, his body shook and his eyes are filled with rage as he picked the Frisbee. Oh no.

Carter Stone stood a couple meters away from us, both of his hands covering his mouth, eyes wide. He’s in my PE and Math. Carter’s a guy who doesn’t really care about school and his grades, that’s one of the reasons why he didn’t show up half of the first week I entered school. I’m not so sure he knows who I am, or even what’s my name. Jake told me he is one of the assholes, the guy who thinks he’s all that and stuff. I choose not to believe him, I want to make friends with everyone, and not labeling them is a good way of doing so. “D-dude! Paul, man, I’m so very sorry. I didn’t see you, I…”

“Stone,” Paul said, taking several slow steps towards him, unaware of the other kids who are starting curiously at what is there to come. I followed, standing behind him, not liking the situation. Carter should’ve known about Paul’s anger, since he’s now fidgeting nervously, sweat beads falling at his forehead. “This yours?”

“Um,” Carter glanced at his right and left uncomfortably, “well… no, I mean, yeah. It is mine.”

Paul’s jaw clenched, and I could see his hand crushing one side of the Frisbee. “Did last time not hurt you to much, Stone? What about we make another appointment to make you understand to not bother me anymore. What about now, huh?” he huffed.

“Paul,” I warned, nudging his backside.

Carter threw me a confused glance, then he faced Paul again. “I’m sorry, dude. I do, I really do.” He wiped the sweat and a couple of his dark hair from his forehead. “Please, we could settle this slowly and carefully—“

“Settle?” Paul chuckled darkly, his free hand balling into a hard fist, “I’ll show you how to handle stuff,”

“Paul!” I pulled his arm, causing him to stumble a step back. He turned his head, expression angry. His eyes softened when he sees that it’s me, but his jaw’s still clenched.

“Alana, let me go.”

“No,” I tighten my grip, “this kind of thing doesn’t need violence of any sort. Let it go”. He sighed, opening his mouth to argue, but I cut him. “Please?”

Looking at Carter, he too has a hopeful expression on his face. Paul’s shaking body calmed, he then nodded. To Carter he said, “You’re lucky, but you better watch out next time, Stone.” Carter let out a satisfied sigh, a smile forming on his sweating face. “And here,” Paul handed him the ruined Frisbee, “think of it as your face if you bother me any time later.”

“Yes, sir!” he saluted, which made Paul roll his eyes out of irritation. We’re about to turn around and walk away but then Carter called. “Hey!”.

Paul looked at him with a bothered look, it surprises us both to find out that it’s me he’s talking to. “What, me?”

“Yeah,” he grinned with slight cockiness. “I’m Carter, Carter Stone. I think we’ve never met before. Are you new?” he offered a hand, which I shook.

“Um,” I gulped, unable to look at Paul’s expression. “Name’s Alana. I’m new here, but I do notice you’re in my PE and math class.” Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I added. “Nice meeting you, Carter.”

Carter let out a laugh, it’s a laugh which I bet a lot of girls would drool over. He kind of bends his head to the side and down, then let out a throaty yet musical laugh out. Yep. I bet he’d tried this on lots of girls, too. “Pleasure’s all mine, miss”, he said finally looking at me, a slightly crooked smile placed on his face. “And—“

“Will you cut the crap already?” Paul cuts in, “We’re in a hurry, we’ve got class”

Carter whistled, “Okay, so let’s schedule the unfinished conversation for later,” He grinned, “what do you say…. Over dinner?”

I smiled politely at him and grabbed Paul’s hand. I could see Paul smiling triumphantly, a confused look on Carter’s face. But suddenly, realization dawned on him looking at our locked hands, me, Paul, then me again. “We’re together,” I confirmed.

“Oh,” he simply stated, “Okay.” Carter fidgeted a bit, but regained his composure a second later. “Well, I wouldn’t mind. The more the merrier right? See ya later, P.” to me he winks, “and you, newbie. Bet I will see a lot of you these days.”

*****

“What was that all about?”
“Well, maybe it’ll enlighten you with the fact that I don’t get along with people. Well, most of them,” Paul shrugged.

“Huh,” I chuckled, “something I must know about?”

Paul shook his head, still smiling, “No, but I did heard you saying a thing or two about we being together,” he wiggled his eyebrows at me, causing me to roll my eyes, “and by together, did you mean… romantically?”

“Ugh, stop it, you make me feel embarrassed.” I said over flushed cheeks, “You can ignore the facts,”

“Oh no, want to know what people who are ‘together’ do?”

“No”

Paul shook it off, “Well, first of all they act romantically with each other. Like… kissing?” he grins.

I narrowed my eyes at him, a plan formed in my mind. “Is it, really? Do they do things like…” I stepped closer, closing the space between us, “this? Getting close to each other?” Tracing circles with my fingertips on his chest, I could feel him trembling.

It’s clear that I’ve got Paul off-guard. He really didn’t expect me to attack him like this. Stuttering, he answered, “Y-yes”

“Do they get even closer?”

“I – I th-think so,”

“This is the part where ‘couples’ are supposed to kiss, right?” I cocked my head to the side, purposely looking at his lips, his tongue licking the bottom. Paul nodded slowly, gulping. Letting a chuckle out, I inched closer. He immediately closed both of his eyes shut. Circling my arms around his neck,

I pecked his awaiting lips once then bounce off of him.

“Oh my, Paul. Look at the time, it’s nearly dawn and I’ve gotta prepare my dad for dinner.” I mock disappointment. His eyes fluttered open with a ‘huh?’. “So, it’s been nice, but I’ve gotta run. See you tomorrow?”

“Alana?” He said incredulously.

“The one and mighty only!” turning my on my heels I shouted to Jacob, who’s been secretly laughing at us from the parking lot, on top of his motorcycle, “Hey Jake! Mind giving me a ride home?”

“Sure thing!” he replied, “good thing I brought my extra helmet!”

“Safety first huh, awesome!”

“Alana??” We turned our heads at Paul who’s still standing there. “You’re just going to walk away?”

“Um,” I tightened the helmet as Jacob started the engine, “Yeah. Word of advice, don’t get too excited any time soon. You felt hard already by that old trick.”. Jacob let out a roar of laughter when Paul looked down to his jeans. “Bye, Paulie!”

“Come onnn, Al!”

Jacob laughed when we sped up, “You think he’ll get over it?”

“Darling, he’s got a lot to learn about me”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alana lied :s it's been almost 3 weeks.

I couldn't even begin to say how sorry i am, the sick-day turned out to be a 4-day-vacation at the hospital -_- everything's ok now. School's still being he same shit, but that's the shit we all have to deal with everyday, huh?

Enjoy! Another one coming up tomorrow/tonight. See ya!