Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

I Am Not Afraid To Keep On Living

I have been spending a lot of time in the Urie household lately, and things were changing drastically. With Brendon's father gone, his mother has had to step up, carrying twice as many responsibility'ss on her shoulders. She had to get a Job so they could keep the house. Brendon helped out as much as he possibly could with chores. Mrs. Urie worked six days a week including Sundays. Which meant no church for her. She was a changed woman. She seemed stronger, more accepting, and quite frankly, kind of a bad ass. It seemed that her ex-husbands actions really opened her eyes to the real world. She tried to act strong for Brendon, but in truth, it pained her inside, that her husband left her. She tries not to let him see this, but he swears that he hears her crying in the middle of the night. 

Currently I was sitting in thee couch in Brendon'ss living room watching Wait Until Dark for the one millionth time. Brendon was leaning up against me, completely absorbed in the movie, even though he's seen it 383719337283 times. 

"Alright boys, behave now. I'm off to work." Mrs. Urie said as she rushed out the door. 

"Mkay, see ya Mrs. Urie." I replied. Brendon didn't reply. Eyes still glued to the screen. His eyes were about the size of the moon, it was one of the more suspenseful parts. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Brendon-" he shushed me before I could continue. And that irritated me quite a bit. I pushed him off me, getting up, and he just adjusted so he was sitting up. Not taking his eyes off the screen. I rolled my eyes, again, and walked towards the kitchen. But then my brain hatched an idea. I turned around and snuck up behind the arm of the couch. To my luck it was the most suspenseful part of the movie. 

As soon as the guy jumped out of the darkness with a knife, I pounced on Brendon causing him to scream. I about fell over laughing. 

"That wasn't funny!" He whined as he tried to wiggle out from under me. 

"It was too, and you know it." I said pushing him down so he was on his back, and I was straddling his hips. He didn't protest, he just crossed his arms and gave me his pouty face. 

"You're such a baby." I stated. 

"Am not." he turned his head away from me so he was looking at the T.V. Again. I sighed and reached over the side table, grabbing the remote and turning off the T.V. 

"Hey!" He protested. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his face so he was looking at me. I leaned forward pressing my lips to his.  I deepened the kiss, then pulled away too soon. Leaving him dazed. 

"Alright fine, you win." he admitted defeat. 

I smirked. 

Haha. I win. 

"Don't I always?" I chuckled. He didn't answer. Just pulled me into another kiss. His tongue slid against my bottom lip, but I denied entrance pushing my tongue through his lips. Our tongues fought for dominance for a little while before he pushed me on my back, so he was on top of me. His hands grazed over the plains of my chest, then rested on my hips. I had my hands resting on his back, but they soon found their way under his shirt. 

I felt his lips drift down to my neck as he began sucking and nipping, earning a small moan from me. I could almost hear him smirk as I did so. He continued until he was certain I would have a mark there. I brought his lips back up to mine, this time in a sweet romantic kiss. 

~*~

I woke up in the morning shirtless, with Brendon on top of me. I noticed both our shirts on the floor, and there was a blanket draped over us. I realized we must have fallen asleep after out little make out session last night. I blushed when I realized Mrs. Urie must have put the blanket on top of us. Which meant she saw us shirtless lying on top of each other.  I doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what we were doing. And it doesn't help that I have a hickey the size of Texas either. 

Brendon shifted his weight on top of me, digging his elbow into my side. Very painfully I might add. 

"Brendon." I whispered attempting to shake him awake. No such luck. He just continued to snore in my ear. 

"Brendon!" I said a little louder, shaking him a little harder. He still didn't budge. 

"For Christ sake" I whispered mostly to myself. "BRENDON FUCKING URIE!" I yelled as I pushed him off me, causing him to fall to the floor. I heard a thump and he hit the floor face first. He sat up and glanced around. Obviously confused. 

"Jesus." he muttered when it set in. "What was that for?" he asked rubbing the side of his face where he landed. 

"Sorry. But you wouldn't wake up." I smiled guiltily. 

"So you pushed me onto the hardwood floor?" 

"I sad I was sorry. Geeze." I said getting up off the couch to stretch. When I was finished, I pulled Brendon up to his feet. I was just about to walk into the kitchen to find something to eat when there was a knock on the door. 

"Ill get it." I said being the closest to the door. I opened it revealing the all to familiar Vickey, Frank, Gerard, Ray, Mikey, and Bob.  

"Hey Ry! You look like shit!" Vickey exclaimed. 

"Nice to see you too Vic." I added sarcastically. It was too early in the morning for this. 

"Dude. Vicky's right. Do I want to know what you two were doing fifteen minutes ago?" Frank interjected.

"Sleeping. We were sleeping. Now is there a reason you're here so early? Or can I close the door now?" 

"Who is it Ry?" Brendon called from the kitchen. 

"Brendon! Your boyfriend is being mean to me!" Frank called over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and stepped aside as Brendon appeared next to me. He invited the annoyingly excited Vickey and Frankie in, along with the relaxed Ray and Gerard. Mikey was running around chasing Bob on the lawn for who knows what stupid reason. 

Okay, I'm usually not this inwardly bitchy, but I just woke up. I was tired. 

"Sorry about him. He's not a morning person." Brendon apologized winking at me. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen. I needed coffee or something. I settled for green tea when I discovered Grace didn't drink coffee......

As I waited for the water to boil, I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation. 

"Sooooo....... Why is Mikey chasing Bob around my yard?" 

"Who knows. He probably stole his gum or something." I heard Gerard say. 

"Okay..... So why are you guys here exactly?"

"Well my friend has a cabin up in California, and invited me and some friends to stay up there for a couple days and go skiing or something." Vickey answered. 

Skiing? I've never even seen snow except for on T.v.  

"Vickey, can you even ski?" Brendon asked. 

"I don't think any of us can. But who would pass up a free cabin in northern California? Alex said the people are so weird and awesome up there." I chuckled at her use of "weird" and "awesome" in the same description. "Besides. I thought you might need a getaway after....... You know........" She was right. Brendon had been under a lot of stress lately. 

"But what about my mom?" Shit. We couldn't leave her here all alone.

"Already cleared it with her. And my mom is in town and wants to spend some quality time with her sister."

"Well sounds like you've got this all figured out......" 

"Now to answer your question, were here to pick you up. Now get your ass upstairs and pack." I heard frank say. 

"Wait, were leaving today?"

"As soon as you get your ass upstairs and pack." 

I turned the kettle off, being to impatient to wait for it. I walked into the living room with my arms crossed. 

"So when are we leaving exactly?"

~*~ 

We all piled into a van that Vickey borrowed from a friend. What's with Vickey having all these connections? Ray sat upfront with Vickey who drove. And the rest of us piled into the backseat with all the seats down so there was more room. We would be in here for like a million years. 

"Um, Ry, should you let your dad know? Well be gone for a couple days. Brendon whispered in my ear. 

"No. He won't notice if I'm gone. He barely notices when I'm there." I whispered back. He didn't respond. He just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. 

"Okay you guys. The rules are as followed: No smoking, Drinking, or fucking in the van. Got it? I have to return this thing in perfect condition. And I don't want to have to clean up any of your guys' puke and/or cum." I was a little surprised by her bluntness, but I grunted in agreement with everyone else. And with that, we took off. It was a hell of a long drive. Nearly 13 hours, according to Vickey. The ride out for Nevada and through southern California seemed to drag on. We couldn't find any good radio stations, mostly just Mexican/Ranchero music, that Brendon felt the need to dance to. So I guess it wasn't that bad......

At one point Frankie and Gerard began making out, making it extremely awkward for all of us that had to sit in the back with them...... But at one point, I was all over Brendon, pushing them out of my mind, just making it even more awkward for Bob and Mikey. 

At one point near Stockton we stopped for gas, and Vickey and Ray climbed in thee back. Mikey and Bob taking their places. Bob driving. 

We were almost there...... Well not really, more like half way. 

Somewhere between Stockton and Sacramento Mikey put in an Elliot Smith CD, and I nearly passed out. Not that it was bad, in fact I loved his music, I just used to listen to it all the time to help me fall asleep. I believe I drifted off somewhere in the middle of Miss Misery. . .

I woke up to Frankie telling me to "Wake the fuck up." I looked around, and noticed we weren't moving, and Brendon was no longer beside me. 

"Where are we?" I asked confused. "Where's Brendon?" I looked around not spotting him. 

"He jetted for the bathroom the minute I hit the break." Mikey said chuckling. 

"And to answer your other question, were in Chico." Vickey said not looking up from her magazine. 

"where?"

"This cute little college town I visited in California when I was looking at Chico state." she replied. "I thought it would be a nice place to rest. They have the cutest little coffee shops and bakeries." 

She had me at coffee. 

"Coffee?" I repeated sounded like an idiot. I stepped out of the van, and I found myself standing in front of a coffee shop with a long name I couldn't pronounce. It started with an A or something. 

As soon as Brendon came back we all went inside, and she was right. It was cute. It had a gypsy like feel to it with dark purple walls, but lots of light because of the huge windows. There were bright green and goldish colored curtains hanging over them lightly. Most of the tables were decorated with checker boards so you could play a game while you sat with your drinks. Frank immediately sat down and challenged Ray to a game of checkers. Loser had to buy the other a drink. 

I immediately went for the counter to order me some coffee. I dragged Brendon along with me. He had his arms wrapped around my waist. I was surprised when the woman who looked to be in her mid forties didn't look at us strange or anything. Unlike I we were in Vegas, where we would be receiving awkward glances, or even glares. But we received none of that from any of the people here. The lady handed us our drinks and we sat down at a table near Ray and Frankie. I ordered and iced java chip latte, while Brendon settled for a chai latte. 

"YOU'VE NEVER HAD COFFEE?!?!?" I exclaimed when Brendon explained to me why he didn't want a sip of my beverage. 

"I was raised Mormon remember? No coffee, alcohol, or anything of the like. I've just never really been around it....."

"Well then you need to take a drink of this now." I said shoving my drink in his face. 

"Ryan, think. Is giving Brendon coffee really the best idea?" Vickey interjected. I thought about it, then decided, what the hell. He's pretty entertaining when he's hyper. It'll make the next two hours more entertaining. 

"Yes Vickey. Yes it is." 

I pushed it towards him even more. He hesitated at first, but took a sip. He pulled away, and I sat there staring at him, waiting for his reaction. He paused, looking at it. Then he proceeded to suck down the whole think in one drink. 

"Hey!" I protested. Everyone else laughed and he flicked me his wallet. 

"Get me another one too." he ordered, slurping down the whip cream. I rolled my eyes getting up. I ordered another one for me, and an extra large for Brendon. I also threw in a pack of Altoids and a bundle of incense. It wasn't my money. And I liked incense. I put it on a debit card that Brendon got from his father a few months back for "emergencies". Hopefully it was under the name of "Boyd Urie."

"YES I WON!" Frank exclaimed, standing up to do his victory dance. "You owe me a drink!" Ray just rolled his eyes, and stood up to come to the counter. 

"Ill have a medium latte, and a bottle of water." I laughed at the expression on Franks face when Ray tossed him the water. "You didn't specify what kind of drink. " Ray simply stated, sitting back down, taking a sip of the latte. 

I tossed Brendon his wallet, whose eyes widened when he saw his drink. He caught his wallet, then immediately grabbed for the drink. Which I held away from him. 

"Ryan! Come on!" he whined as I moved it every time he tried to reach for it. My mind, being the perverted one that it is, pictured those words in a different setting. I smirked, then refocused on Brendon desperately trying to grab his coffee. 

"I don't know.... Do you deserve it?" shortly after I asked, he grabbed my face, pecking me on the lips. I turned red and handed him his drink, and Vickey, Bob and the rest of them started laughing at me. Brendon was too absorbed in his drink to notice.

"Well you guys, I think it's about time we hit the road. If we leave now, we could probably make it there by ten thirty or so. " Vickey said glancing at her watch. 

"Alright then, let's go." I said grabbing a hold of Brendon who was bouncing up and down due to jitteryness. He had already finished his extra large mocha java chip latte. 

"Did you seriously drink that whole thing already?" I asked in disbelief. I wasn't even half way through with mine. 

"Y-Yup! Let's G-Go!" he said racing out of the door and throwing himself in the van. 

"Good goin' Ryan. Now we get to spend the next two hours with that." frank said pointing towards the van.

"Relax guys. It'll be fun." I assured them. 

~*~

"I'D LIKE TO BE, UNDER THE SEA, IN AN OCTOPUSES GARDEN WITH YOU!!!" Brendon sang very loudly along with the song we had playing. I smiled when I realized that this was the song Brendon first played for me, the first time I visited his house. He sang pretty loudly, but at least he could sing. Pretty well I might add. Remember when we first met, and I said that if he were to sing you'd probably drop dead in awe? Well I wasn't completely wrong. I wasn't dead. But I was in awe. 

"GASP! OH MY GOD! A LADY BUG! YOU GUYS! IT'S A FUCKING LADY BUG!"  

I looked on the floor, and there was indeed a lady bug. 

Brendon continued to dance and bounce around, for about thirty minutes until he had a major sugar/caffeine crash, just about passing out on top of me. 

The next hour and a half or so went by pretty dully. Considering everyone except me and whoever was driving was asleep. I just stayed quiet, playing with Brendon's hair andetting my thoughts wonder. 

What were we going to do in a cabin for 2 days with out any adult supervision?

I suppose I know one thing we could do..... But I don't know if were ready for that. Well, I mean I am. But I don't know about Brendon. I could ask him I suppose, but I could see that getting messy. 

Or maybe I should just plan it. And if he stops me I'll listen. 

but hopefully he won't

Tomorrow night would be perfect. Since were all too tired from the long drive. I wouldn't want him falling asleep on me. I chuckled. Because that is totally something Brendon would do. 

~*~

After what seemed like an eternity, we finally arrived. The cabin was a lot bigger than I expected. There had to be 3 bedrooms at least. And a loft. 

The car stopped and we all piled out, sleepily grabbing our crap. The lights were on, which meant someone was home. The door opened revealing a tallish guy with dark hair, I assumed to be vickeys friend Alex. 

"Vickey-T!" he exclaimed holding his arms out. She lazily hugged him, carrying all her luggage, and just havin woken up. 

"Hey, do you think we can catch up tomorrow? I'm pretty beat." 

"Sure. I'll show you to your rooms." 

I pretty much had to carry Brendon to our room. (yes we got our own room! :D) because he was so tired. I pulled back the covers and tucked him in. Then crawled in next to him, not bothering to change out of my clothes. I snuggled up next to him, soon falling asleep. I was really excited/nervous about tomorrow. More than anything I wanted to make love to him, but what if he rejects me? I guess that's a risk I'm going to have to take.    
♠ ♠ ♠
I bet you can't wait for the next chapter ;D
hehe
*hint*
okay, this was the longest chapter ever. This sucker was 18 pages.
I was up late last night writting it for you. So appreciate it! Hehe kidding.

I'd like to thank all my lovely people who have commented and/or subscribed.

~Kaela