Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

When I See Your Smile, Tears Fall Down My Face.

We lay naked under the bed sheets. I was wrapped in his arms and clutching to his side. We were silent. Just enjoying each others company. It felt so good to be together again. No worries, no drama, completely oblivious to the outside world. Just us. 

"Hey Bren?" I disturbed the silence. 

"Hmm?" he replied.

  "Do you remember when we shared our first kiss? When we were in the bathroom at the diner, and you were crying because of what your dad said?"

"Yes. Of course I remember." 

"Remember how I promised everything would be okay and I would always be there for you?"

"Yes." 

"I wish I could keep that promise."  

I felt him shift and turn to face me. "What are you talking about?" He looked honestly confused. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise. I ended up all the way here. In Alabama, while you were stuck in Nevada. I couldn't be there for you when your mom lost her job, when you ended up in the hospital, when you-" I cut myself off, not wanting to bring up the rape. I didn't want to upset him. 

I felt the tears begin to well up in my eyes. 

He looked concerned. 

"Ry, none of this was your fault. You did everything you could. You have nothing to be sorry for. And besides… You were there for me. Maybe not physically, but you were always just a phone call away if I needed you… and you were there in more ways then just one…" He trailed off. I looked at him and he had a sweet smile placed on his lips. "Now I'm going to stop talking before this gets and cheesey-er." 

I let out a small chuckle, but at the same time a tear fell down my face. He wiped it away and pulled me closer. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed his hand up and down my arm in a reassuring way. "I'm sorry for everything that's happened." He whispered. 

"It's okay. Things will be okay eventually." I mumbled back. 

He hugged me even tighter for a second before letting go and sitting up. "We should get dressed. We have to meet with Kaela and Gabe soon. Remember?" He reminded me. I groaned and fell back against the bed sheets. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to lay here for the rest of my life with him and only him. 

He slid his boxers on and walked over to my side of the bed. "Come one Ry. Let's get going." He said yanking on my arm. I grew stubborn and yanked my arm back, pulling the blankets over my head. But before I knew it, I was being lifted off the bed, (blankets and all) and being carried bridal style over to somewhere I couldn't see because of the blankets covering my face. 

"Let me down!" I demanded, my voice slightly muffled. I tried to squirm and wiggle out of his grasp but it didn't work. I just felt like a worm.

I heard him sigh and set me down on my feet. I pulled the blanket off my head, but kept my self wrapped up in it; remembering I was still naked.

"That wasn't nice." I stated. He smirked and wrapped his arms around me again. 

"Get dressed." He mumbled in my ear before patting my butt. I rolled my eyes and watched him look for his clothes.

"Wait." I said grabbing his attention. A dangerous smirk grew on my face. "I'll go… if you take a shower with me first." I negotiated. He rolled his eyes and walked over to me again. 

"Alright." He sighed. I smiled and pecked his lips before heading towards the bathroom. 

~*~

We stepped out of the shower just in time to hear the door bell ring. Brendon, being the first to get dressed, went off to answer it, his hair still sopping wet. As he left, I took this opportunity to study myself in the mirror. The scar from a few months ago was still pretty visible. 

I can't believe I did that. It was so stupid. 

And Brendon's never going to let me forget that either…

I got dressed and went downstairs. Kaela and Gabe were sitting on the couch looking bored. 

"Well it's about time." Gabe groaned over dramatically. I rolled my eyes and went to sir over by Brendon.

"We got tired of waiting for you two so we decided to come over here and force you guys to spend time with us." Kaela explained. 

"We were on our way, but someone refused to get up and ready." Brendon said ignoring my annoyed glare. 

"Well, perhaps if you two didn't take your sweet time fucking in the shower…" 

My mouth dropped open in shock. "We were not-"

"Please, you're not fooling anybody. Like were not supposed to suspect anything when you guys come waltzing down here all soaking wet and flushed?" Gabe teased. 

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Well let's just go already." I demanded. 

"What's his problem?" Kaela asked Brendon. 

"Oh he's just mad I wouldn't let him be lazy all day. " Brendon stated. 

"Well I'm sorry you have to spend your last day here with your first and only friend in this crap town." Kaela added making me feel like a dick. 

"You're right. I'm sorry." I apologized. 

"Its alright. Let's get going." She said leading the way out the door. 

We all piled into Gabe's car, Gabe driving, Kaela up front, and me and Bren in back. 

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked. 

"I thought we'd get something to eat, then maybe catch a movie?" Kaela said from up front. 

"Alright sounds good."

~*~

"So, you guys, I have some great news!" Kaela exclaimed as soon as we sat down. 

"I'm listening." We both said in unison. She looked at us weird before continuing. 

"Well, my parents are letting me spend the summer in Las Vegas!" She exclaimed. 

I nearly spit out my drink. 

"Seriously? That's awesome!" I jumped up to hug her over the table. "All summer? That's amazing! How did you convince your parents?" 

"Well, I have to attend classes at the local Junior College, because it 'looks good for college.'" She said using air quotes.  

"That sucks. Well at least you'll get to be with Jon." Brendon added smiling. 

She turned red and mumbled a "yeah."

"When are you coming?" I asked. 

"She's leaving with me. Which is in about a week. She's going to be staying with me all summer! It'll be like one huge sleep over!" Gabe said in a very amusing flamboyant voice. 

We all laughed and continued chatting as we ordered and ate our food. Things were going great until…

"Hey look! It's my favorite people!" 

Brendon rolled his eyes, Gabe groaned, Kaela glared, and I smacked my head in the table at the sound of that voice. Again? Fucking seriously? 

"How many times do we have to fucking tell you? leave us alone." I growled to where Taylor stood with a group of friends and a new girl attached to his hip. 

"But where's the fun in that?" He said making his way towards us. 

"Lets get out of here. Quick." Kaela mumbled placing her share of the bill on the table. We all did the same and rushed towards the door. 

"Awh, come on now. Don't run. What are you a bunch of pussies?" He taunted. Gabe turned around looking majorly pissed and started to walk towards him, but Kaela grabbed him on the way out and dragged him out of the restaurant with us. 

We piled into the car, this time Brendon demanded the keys and I hopped up front. We were about to take off when that idiot stepped in front of the car. 

Brendon honked the horn and rolled down the window. 

"Get out of the way asshole!" He yelled. 

"Why are you running away? Why don't you get over here and fight like a man instead of a faggot!" He taunted again. 

"Suit yourself." Brendon mumbled as he turned the key and hit the gas pedal causing the car to lunge forward. It only missed Taylor by a hair, because he jumped out of the way.

"What the hell? Screw you man." He said walking away. His "friends" consulting him. 

I sighed. "I'm sorry I put you guys through all this. If it weren't for me, he wouldn't be taunting us every which way we go." 

"That's not true." Kaela stated. "Hes just a bully. He would have done it anyways." 

"Yeah well I'm sorry too." Brendon added. I looked at him confused. 

"What for?" I asked. 

"I'm sorry I missed." 

We all let a laugh as we drove to the movie theater. Hoping he's not following us there as well.            
♠ ♠ ♠
Lame ending.

Anyways, I'm sorry I took so long. I really have to excuse other then laziness. Two weeks is far to long to go without an update. :/

thank you to all of you who have commented. Your comments really make my day. :)

(Judy- Comment! Remember what we discussed what would happen if you didn't comment or do what I say? Muahaha.)