‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

So Contagious

I couldn't do anything as Josline walked away from the van. I felt so stupid after what I had said. Yes, I thought that things couldn't be the same, but that didn't mean that I wanted getting back together with Josline to be completely out of the question. I stayed in the van, because I couldn't think of anything to do. I thought I should go appologize to Josline, but she most likely didn't want to talk to me yet again. She had told me that she missed us being together, and of course, I panicked.

I had to talk to someone. I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed a number. "Hello?"

"Jazz?"

"Oh, hi Josh. What's up?" Jazz asked me. I called Jazz because she knew Josline the best.

"I need to talk to you...about Jaws." I said, waiting for Jazz's reply.

"What...did you do now?" She sounded a little desperate. I had to re-tell Jazz the conversation that Josline and I had. I could hear her muttering little things, but they weren't very clear. "So..she said she missed how things used to be, but you said that things couldn't be the same, even though you didn't mean it...hmm." Jazz stopped talking for a few seconds. "Why?"

"I panicked! I didn't know what to do." I said, running a hand through my hair. "This is the second time I have done something stupid to cause some kind of damage between me and her..."

"Joshua Ramsay! Don't talk like that. You were scared, I get that." Jazz said. "She just needs a little time to cool off..."

"The last time I gave Josline time to cool off, I ended up not having any form of contact with her for 4years." I said bitterly. Jazz was silent.

"Well...what do you want Josh? Do you want to be in her life?"

"Yes, of course I do."

"And does she want you to be in her life?" That question stumped me.

"I...I think so." I heard Jazz chuckle to herself. "What? What's so funny?"

"I love how everyone else can see it, but you can't." Jazz said.

"Can't see what?" I asked.

"Josh, do you remember back in highschool when we had a conversation a lot similar to this?" She asked me. I stopped to think of the conversation we had.

"Jazz, come on! Just tell me!" I begged Jazz as we left Matts house.

"No, Josh. I'm not telling you anything about Jaws!" Jazz said, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to stare at me.

"Well, how am I supposed to know how she actually feels?"

"Ask her?" I folded my arms.

"It's not THAT easy. If life were that easy, I'd be Superman by now." Jazz rolled her eyes at me. She then looked straight at me, her eyes were burning a hole through my skull.

"Okay, do you HONESTLY want to be apart of Joslines life?" Jazz asked.

"Yes..."

"There's your answer." Jazz started walking away from me.

"Wait, what? That's not a good enough answer." I said, chasing after her.

"Josh, Jaws likes you."

"I like her too."

"No, you idiot. She LIKES you." I stopped. "No, no. She doesn't like you, this girl fucking loves you."


"Yeah, I remember." I said, sitting up properly.

"Well...Josline still loves you Josh." Jazz said. I had to stay quiet. I didn't know what to say. Hearing that Josline still loved me after 4 years of being away from another just boggled my mind. I could feel my face start to burn up. Why hadn't I seen it before? She had been so willing to try to make things right...

"Jazz..." I finally said.

"Yes, Josh?"

"I...I don't want to lose her again." I said. Jazz was silent for a good 30 seconds before she said anything.

"Then don't let her get away."
♠ ♠ ♠
So Contagious - Acceptance. Check it.
:D
Going back to Joslines POV next chapter. Gonna be a bit of a long one. Probably wont update until Monday-ish.