‹ Prequel: I Can't Be Without You
Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Sequel =)

Make This Perfect Again

Who Needs Air?

I was laying around my room, staring at the ceiling mostly. Every so often I would send someone text messages, and at one point, Jazz called me. I had just turned on my television when my phone started to ring again. I picked it up, noticind that it was Keith calling. He rarely talked to me when we were on tour, so I didn't know why he would be calling me. "Hey Keith, what's up?" I asked casually.

"Hi Josh. Josline hasn't called you, has she?" He asked me. I sat upright on my bed, suddenly becoming concerned.

"No. She hasn't. What's wrong?" I asked. Keith was silent for a few minutes. "Keith? What's wrong?" I repeated myself.

"I don't exactly know what's wrong.I was talking to her, and someone was at her door. All I heard was some muffled screaming and the occasional clear words. I...I don't know what happened." He said.

"Do you know who was there?" I asked, trying to get as much detail from Keith as I could.

"I don't know...it sounded like Shawn, or something." Keith said.

"John?" I said, fearing for the worst.

"Yeah!...shit." Keith said.

"I'll talk to you later Keith." I said, hanging up the phone. John was there, and the little voice in the back of my head was telling me that something bad had happened. Knowing John, he wasn't there to try and make nice with Josline. I ran around my bedroom, grabbing my jacket, shoes and keys for my car. I hurried myself upstairs, and my mom stopped me.

"Josh, where are you going?" She questioned. I looked at her, a dead serious look on my face.

"Something, I don't know what, but something, has happened to Josline." I said. Mom had a look on her face, like she was pressing for more answers.

"You're going to drive all the way to Kelowna? At 8 at night?" Mom sounded a little shocked.

"Mom, do you think I'm just going to sit at home while the girl I have loved since highschool..." I stopped myself. Had I really said that I had loved Josline since high school? Sure, I had other girlfriends for the past four years, but none of them compared to Josline. They didn't have the same spunk or confidence that she did. "...could possibly be in trouble?" I finished my sentence. Mom looked at me.

"Drive safely." She said. I smiled at her and was then out the door. I got into my car and started it. Soon I was speeding out of Vancouver. A thousand and one thoughts were running through my mind. What if Josline had been seriously hurt? I had to shake that from my mind. I couldn't think of Josline being seriously hurt. It hurt me too much to think about it. Then, another thought had run through my mind.

What is Josline and John had made up? I couldn't even comprehend that. It was too heatbreaking to think about. I had to get that image out of my mind, so I turned on the radio in the car. The song 'Taking Care of Business' by Bachman Turner Overdrive was playing. I had to smile. It was the first song I had ever heard Josline sing. As I was driving, I was thinking about the band class we were in when I was living in Salmo. Josline always had some strange confidence when it came to performing. She was never nervous before a performance, and she always ended with a high, and positive energy, even if it was a terrible performance. She always found the good in everything, and I think that's what I loved about her the most.

4 hours and 45 minutes later, I pulled up in Josline's driveway. I got out of the car and hurridly walked up to the door, knocking on it. It was almost 2 o'clock, so I assumed she would be sleeping. When no one came to the door after about 30 seconds, I knocked again. Another 30 seconds and I knocked one last time. When I was just about to go back to my car, the porch light flicked on. I turned back to the door, and I heard the lock click. The door was pushed open, and it revealed the small frame of Josline. She looked confused.

"Josh? What are you doing here?" She sounded tired. I walked up to her and put my arms around her. She was unresponsive for a few seconds, before she put her arms around me. We stood like that for a good 3 minutes before any thing was said. When I finally let go of her, she pulled me inside her house, closing and locking the door behind her.

"Keith called me, and said that you got into a fight with John. I had to see if you were alright." I said.

"Couldn't of you..." Josline stopped mid-sentence and looked at me. "Wait...did you drive all the way from Vancouver?" She asked. I could only nod my head. She hugged me again. "That is the sweetest thing any one has ever done for me." I smiled, hugging her a little tighter. I never wanted to let go of her, ever. I kissed the top of her forehead, and then she backed up slightly, but still had her arms around me. I looked down at her, and without even thinking, I kissed her. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing, but it was also something long awaited.Once I pulled away, Josline was beat red. Her normal skin complexion returned soon there after, which was followed by a yawn.

"You're really tired? Aren't you?" I asked. She nodded. "Go to bed."

"Where are you going to sleep?" She asked me. I looked at her couch, which I pointed to. She looked down at the floor.

"Could you stay in my bed? Please?" She asked, looking up at me. Her eyes were glinting slightly. I was taken back by the sudden request, but seeing how sad she looked, I couldn't refuse. I smiled and nodded. She tugged me along to her bedroom, flicking off the lights as she went. She turned on a small desk lamp by her bed. I hadn't seen her bedroom when I stayed there back in September. It was a nice size, with a queen sized bed. The walls were a weird yellow colour, but it was hard to tell in the dim light. Josline didn't even change into her pyjamas. She just crawled into her bed, leaving enough room for me. I crawled in after her, and pulled the cover over top of the both of us. I wrapped my arm around her waist. I kissed her neck, and I felt her wiggle underneath my arm. She always hated it when I did that. We layed there for a little while, I was just listening to Josline's breathing patterns. It was...comforting in a way. I inched towards her a little more, so my face was burried in her neck.

"Josline?"

"Mm?"

"I didn't know if you were still awake." I said.

"No, I am." She said. We were silent again for a few more minutes.

"Josline?" Josline laughed a little bit.

"What, Josh?"

"I love you." Josline turned over and looked at me.

"W..what?" She stuttered.

"I love you." I repeated. It was hard enough the first time. Why was she making me repeat it? But, she smiled.

"I..I love you too." She looked me in the eyes and pressed her lips against mine.

I was damn glad I drove nearly 5 hours for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who Needs Air? - The Classic Crime. Check it.
I was trying to go for something kind of sweet, and I don't know how well I did. Personally, I would love it if a boy drove 5 hours just to see me.
I have too many "J" characters. Josline, John, Jonathan...jeebus.