Status: Active

Stop Pretending. I Know You Really Love Me.

Just pretend.

Phoenix's pov

I cursed myself all the way back to Jay's room. I'm such an idiot! I was actually going to kiss her! What the fuck is wrong with me?! I do not like her that way! I don't know what came over me. One minute I'm trying to figure out how to get her phone to delete that stupid video and suddenly she turns around and I'm completely lost in her eyes! Her beautiful hazel eyes with flecks of green in them. And her lips looked so soft. Damn it! I sound like a fucking sappy love story!

I got up to Jay's room and walked in. Jay was laying on his bed thinking about something. I decided to play the x-box for a while.

"Hey Phoenix." Jay said just as I was about to start playing.

"Yea?" I asked.

"I have an idea." He smirked sitting up on his bed.

"Oh great." I mumbled. Whenever Jay had an idea it usually involved me doing something completely stupid.

"What is it?" I asked warily.

"Hazel's starting highschool on Monday."

"Yea. I know."

"And there are going to be guys that want her." For some reason this thought mad me mad. Why should I be mad at this? It's not like me and her are going out. Or ever will.

"What's your point?" I sighed. I turned around to face the tv and pushed play on guitar hero 3. School's out started playing.

"What if she was unavailable?" He asked slyly. I pushed pause and turned towards him.

"What are you talking about? She doesn't have a boyfriend. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't like anyone." I said.

"Not yet she doesn't." He was looking at me weird. I started shaking my head. I knew what was coming.

"No. I will not do it." I said.

"Come on dude. She's my little sister. I don't want guys to be all over her."

"What's that have to do with me?"

"They'll leave her alone if she's got a boyfriend."

"So get one of your other friends to do it."

"I don't trust them. They're pigs. We both know that."

"But you trust me?" I asked.

"You don't like her. You guys have hated each other since we were in eight grade and she was in sixth."

"Jay I have a girlfriend! Remember? Misty?"

"We both know you were going to break it off."

"I don't know Jay. I mean she's your little sister. Do you really want us to go out? Even if it is pretend?"

"Better than some highschool prevert."

"I don't know if I can pretend to like her. It just wouldn't be believing enough." I shrugged.

"I almost believed you." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked comfused.

"I came down the stairs a little bit ago and saw you extremely close to my sister, by the way never be that close to her again. I was angry. I mean my best friend and little sister? But then I saw you grab her phone. You really seemed like you liked her. When I thought about it though I realized I would much rather she date you than some highschool prevert." He saw that?

"I don't know."

"Please? Just think about all those boys who are gonna be hanging on her, trying to get her to go out with them. You know how those boys are. Especially Brent." Brent was the school's womanizer. He gets girls to go out with him, fucks them, then breaks up with them the next day. Something about what he said got to me.

"Fine." I said before realizing what I was saying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter three! I got two comments on the last chapter. Please comment on my stories!