Status: Active

Stop Pretending. I Know You Really Love Me.

So you didn't kiss?

I got to the school and saw Taylor and Summer by the steps talking. By the way Summer was blushing I knew I shouldn’t go over there just yet. I looked around and tried to find my brother. I found him sitting at the picnic tables with his friends. Including Phoenix.

There was no way I was going to go over there now. I scanned the area looking for someone I knew. My eyes landed on a girl sitting a little bit away from my brother and Phoenix.

She was reading a book with her hair covering most of her face. She looked up and saw me looking. She smiled shyly at me before looking back down at her book. I walked over to her passing Jay’s table on the way.

“Hey Haze! Come sit with us!” Jay yelled. I glanced at the table and glared at Phoenix.

“With him? No. Way. In. Hell.” I said before walking towards the girl again. I sat down across from her. She looked up at me again.

“Hi. I’m Hazel.” I smiled at her.

“I’m Peyton.” She said. She was so quiet I could barely hear her.

“Are you new here? I haven’t seen you around before.”

“No. But I moved here my freshman year.”

“Really? What grade are you in?”

“Junior.”

“So is my brother. His name’s Jay. He’s right over there.” I pointed to where Jay was sitting with his friends. He was looking at us. Well more at Peyton.

“I know who he is.” She blushed looking down at her book. Hmmmm. I wonder if she has a crush on him? Before I could say anything though the bell rang. Jay started walking over towards us.

“Well I’ll see you later.” She got up and left hurriedly. She walked past Jay with her head down. Jay looked at her confused. I walked up to him.

“Hey bro.” I smiled at him. He looked at me and smiled back.

“Hey Hazel. Come on we better get to class.” He said.

“Ok.” I walked with him to the steps where Taylor and Summer were waiting for us.

“Why is everyone looking at us?” I asked aware of the stares coming from everyone.

“Because you are Jay’s little sister.” He said.

“I hope I’m not going to be known as Jay’s little sister forever.” I said.

“Awww why not? Being my sister is a privilege.”

“Trust me Jay, being your little sister is a punishment.” I smiled before running to my friends.

“Hey!” Jay yelled after me. Still running, I turned my head back and stuck my tongue out at him. I bumped into something all of a sudden. I looked up and saw Brent.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized quickly.

“It’s ok.” He said bending down to pick up his book bag. He stood back up and looked at me.

“Oh hey Hazel.” He smiled.

“Hi.” I smiled back.

“Listen I would love to chat but I have to get to class. I’ll talk to you later.” He said. He winked at me before walking away. I watched him walk until he turned a corner.

“Looks like Hazel has a crush!” I heard Taylor yell beside me. Everyone stared at me as I blushed.

“Shut up Taylor.” I mumbled walking away. Summer was glaring at nothing in particular as they walked with me.

“You know it’s true.” Taylor smiled.

“Well I don’t like him.” Summer mumbled.

“Why?” I asked.

“I just don’t. I heard he goes out with girls, fucks them, and dumps them.” She said.

“Those are just rumors Summer. I’m sure he doesn’t actually do that.” I said.

“Rumors or not I still hate him. He’s going to come in between you and Phoenix.”

“There is no me and Phoenix. How many times do I have to tell you that?”

“Not yet there isn’t. But trust me it’ll happen.”

“No it won’t.”

“Why’d you guys kiss then?”

“Kiss? You kissed Phoenix?” Taylor asked.

“Phoenix and Hazel kissed at the mall yesterday.

“I did not kiss Phoenix!” I yelled. Now every girl shot glares at me.

“I didn’t kiss him.” I whispered quietly. Of course it was a lie. Yesterday it wasn’t but today it was. And I was still mad at myself for letting him get to my head.

“Right. Why else were you guys so slow to get out of the car? He even told you that he was breaking up with Misty.”

“Wait I’m confused. He’s breaking up with Misty?” Taylor asked.

“This is what happened. Me and Summer went to the mall yesterday with Jay, Phoenix, Misty, and Crystal. There wasn’t enough room for everyone to sit so Jay told me to sit on Phoenix’s lap. I didn’t want to but Jay made me. When we got to the mall everyone got out of the car and walked to the mall. Except for me and Phoenix. He still had his arms around me just to annoy me. So I yelled at him and we got into a big argument. I jumped out of the car and walk inside. Misty asked what me and Phoenix were doing and I told her having fun. She got mad and took it the wrong way. Then she broke up with Phoenix.” I explained.

“So you didn’t kiss?” He asked.

“No!” I yelled frustrated.

“Whatever Hazel. Keep denying it. Like I said, you can’t keep a relationship a secret forever.” Summer said. She started walking away.

“If it helps anything, I think you guys would be a cute couple.” Taylor smirked. I smacked his arm.

“Go walk your girlfriend to her class.” I glared. He looked shocked.

“She told you?” He asked.

“We’re best friends? What do you think?” I smirked.

“You aren’t mad?”

“Why would I be mad? My two best friends who have liked each other since forever finally got together? Just know that if you get into a fight, I’m picking Summer’s side.” I smiled.

“You would.” He glared playfully before running to catch up with Summer. I looked at my two best friends walking to class with each other. They look so happy. Why can’t I have a relationship like them?

“Hello Hazel.” I heard the devil say.

“What do you want Phoenix?” I sighed.

“You.” He smirked.

“Ha. No. What do you really want?” I said reminding myself not to fall for his games anymore.

“Just to walk my favorite person to her homeroom.”

“Two questions. One: I don’t even know what my homeroom is so how would you know? Two: Won’t you be late for your class?”

“One answer. We have the same homeroom.”

“How would you know?”

“I saw the list. Now would you like me to walk you to homeroom or do you want to walk by yourself?”

“I don’t care. Do what you want.” I sighed. I didn’t feel like telling to get lost right now.

“Are you ok Hazel?” He asked concerned? Why is he concerned?

“Why do you care?” I asked not wanting to tell him I felt left out from my friends.

“I do care Haze.” He said with such sincerity.

“Phoenix, you hate me.” I told him.

“Hate is such a strong word. I like dislike better.” He said.

“What? You’ve told me you’ve hated me before.”

“When I was younger.”

“You said it just the other day.”

“You said it just the other day.”

“I was mad.” He shrugged.

“Phoenix, tell me the truth. A couple days ago we hated each other. You hated me. Now you’re acting like you like me. You’re kissing me, telling me you would beat someone up for hurting me, what happened?” I asked.

“Trust me Hazel you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” He shook his head.

“Try me.” I said. He stopped walking. He opened his mouth but nothing came out.

“We’re here.” He said after a while. I nodded my head and walked into the classroom. Taylor and Summer were both in my homeroom. I walked over and sat with them. I was ignoring their conversation and looking at Phoenix. He was sitting with some of his friends. He looked up and saw me looking at him. I immediately looked down.