Status: Updates Happen About Once Or Twice A Week

Start To Begin Again

Piece Two.

Piece Two.

I stopped when I reached the top of the stairs. I held back a shudder when I saw that the second floor made the first floor look like child’s play. I bent down and picked up some the clothes along the way to Zacky’s bedroom. I was shocked that one man could make a house a look like frat party gone wrong. I wasn’t the cleanest person either. Sure I had a couple of clothes lying around my apartment floor but it wasn’t this bad.

I stopped by the bathroom and looked inside. The laundry basket was overflowing and I could barely see the tiled floor. I threw the pile in my arms in the door way before making it across the hall to Zacky’s room. I pushed the half open door and walked inside.

Zacky was laying half off the bed with the covers only covering part of his back. It would’ve been cute if it wasn’t for the fact that I didn’t know which one was dirtier; the covers or him. I walked over to the windows and pulled the curtains back. I pulled them open and let the room air out as I walked over to sleeping beauty.

I pulled the sheet off him and called his name. He groaned and rolled off the bed. I rolled my eyes and pulled the sheets off the bed. I dropped them back on the mattress and walked to the other side of the bed.

“Zacky wake up,” He let out a groan but his eyelids fluttered.

“Wha- Linette.” I could smell the booze on his breath.

“I’m dreaming again.” He said stumbling to his feet. I rolled my eyes. Leave it to me to get to house when he was still drunk.

“No you’re not,” I said moving past him to grab more pieces of clothes off the floor. He let out another groan.

“No you left. I must be dreaming.” He said rubbing his face.

“Zacky!” He stopped mumbling and looked at me. His eyes were red. He was drunk and drowsy. I moved past him and threw the clothes in the doorway.

“Linette what are you doing here,” I slapped my forehead. It was no use. He was out of it and I didn’t have the patience to deal with him and this house. He paused and yawned. I let out a breath. I thought my morning breath was bad.

“Where’s Ichabod and Majesty? They were right next to me,” He asked looking around. I sighed. It was sad.

“Zacky, sit down,” He sat on the bed.

“Okay,” I kneeled down and looked him in the eyes, “The guys came to talk to me. Zacky you need some help. So they asked me to help. Matt took Ichabod and the other puppy.” He nodded. I knew he didn’t fully understand.

“Matt. You. Dogs.” I sighed and rubbed my face. I stood up and wiped my palms on my jeans. This wasn’t going anywhere. He was too out of it. I grabbed the sheets that I threw on the bed and the clothes that were on the floor and left him alone with himself.

I grabbed as many things as I could carry and took them down the stairs. I let out a yelp when my foot hit something and I dropped the clothes and grabbed the railing. I looked down and saw a dumbbell on the stairs. I grabbed my foot and rubbed my tip of my shoe.

I bent down and picked up the clothes and kept my eyes on the stairs. I heard a thud up the stairs. I heard a groan. Zacky was probably trying to figure what was going on. I felt guilty.

Maybe if I had stayed and actually talked maybe I wouldn’t be hanging onto a job I didn’t like and having to lie to Brian that I’m still in school. My life had fallen apart when I had left Zacky. It hadn’t been perfect before I met him and after I left him it only go worse.

“Hello anyone home?” I turned in the hall and looked at the door. Someone knocked again. I threw the clothes down and smoothed my shirt before going to open the door.

“So it’s true? Brian was actually able to drag you down from the mountains.” I smiled softly at Lacey. Out of all the girls she was the only that didn’t make me feel like I stuck out. She was from Alaska and I was from Montana. It worked. We weren’t close but we knew the other had the other’s back.

I moved to the side and welcomed her in. she moved in awkwardly. I closed the door and walked back to the pile of clothes. I picked them up and walked to the laundry room that had once been a room underneath the stairs. It was the only clean part of the house.

“How long are you here for?”

“My boss only gave me a few days. I’m hoping I can knock some sense into Zacky’s brain in that time.” I heard Lacey give a small sound. It wasn’t one of approval. I kept my own mouth shut and filled the washer. I threw in the detergent and closed it. I waited for the sound of water before leaving the small room.

“I thought I’d come by and help,” I turned my head slightly and raised my brow, “Okay and to gather Intel,” I nodded.

I walked into the kitchen and stepped back. I thought the upstairs was bad. This whole house needed to be washed. I took small breaths and walked into the kitchen. I looked in the sink. Empty. The garbage was another thing. I bent down and opened the cupboards under the sink. I grabbed what I was looking for; yellow gloves. Lacey was already opening a new garbage bag.

“I can’t believe it got this bad.” She said softly. I slipped my hands into the gloves. I wasn’t scared of bacteria. I just didn’t like how some of the cartons, fruit skins and other…let’s call them things looked at me.

“Hold the bag at the end of the table,” That was the last sentence we shared as we started cleaning the kitchen. It took less time then I expected. The fridge was empty, so nothing to clean there. Some of the boxed and canned foods were expired so that was just money in the garbage.

“Why didn’t they just call his mom or something?” I asked loading the dishwasher with more dishes. They hadn’t been in the sink but spread around the downstairs. No doubt more upstairs.

“We did. He shut her out too.” I sighed. Okay now they had to be making things up. I stood up and looked at her. She nodded. I closed the dishwasher and started it. I gave her another look and rubbed my face.

“I’m gonna go look for more clothes. Can you go run to the store for me?” She nodded. I walked back to the front door to grab my purse.

“No. I got it. Johnny has money to spare for a friend,” I looked up, “Friends.” I smiled.

She gave me a quick hug and left. I stared at the darkening house. Night was falling. I heard another thud and so was Zacky. I rolled my eyes. This was just sad. I pushed myself off the door and walked up the stairs. I picked up the things I knew were supposed to be up stairs.

“Linette, what are you doing here?” Great this again, I looked at him. There was a bottle in his hand.

“I’m here to knock some sense into you,” I said grabbing the bottle from his hand. I moved past him to start putting things back. He grabbed my arm and pushed his lips on mine. I almost fell into the moment if it hadn’t been for the fact that his mouth tasted sour. I pushed him away with such force he stumbled back and fell.

“Get this through your head. This isn’t a dream. I’m not here to fall to your commands or whatever you think I’m here for,” I walked over and poured the bottle over his head. He glared at me.

“So why don’t you get your ass in the shower.” I said dropping the bottle.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I didn't think I was gonna be able to write about Avenged after the tragedy that had passed but I hope for those of you who read this can read it without a heavy heart.

Thanks:
Xoxo.Tina
Kissing.Sin
starr8nn
MsSynnieVengeance
Ace.Spade
heartagrams
Ello Ashleyy.
snowy.