Status: Updates come every chance I get.

And I'll Sculpt My Life For Your Acceptance

I brought along the clouds to rain on your parade

Fast Forward to May when the band get back

I was at work when the guys got home and I told Billie not to come see me. It was a day shift and as much as I liked to think that what I done wasn’t too important it really was and I couldn’t be distracted today.

Casey was keeping me company in the small office, like he had been the last few weeks.

“So Beej and the guys are back today, yeah?” He asked.

“Yeah, finally!” I said, letting the huge grin, which appeared every time I spoke about Billie Joe, take over my mouth.

He laughed at me as he shook his head. “Is he going to drop in here?” He asked casually, I could tell that he wanted to see him though. Casey and I had gotten closer over the last few weeks and I’d told him my suspicions about Billie and he wasn’t too impressed and I knew that if he got a chance he was going to grill him about everything that happened on tour.

“Nope. I told him not to because I thought it would make everybody uncomfortable and I need to work and not get sidetracked by anybody.” I told Casey who looked a bit relieved that he wouldn’t have to be the bad guy today.

“Are you go-” he was cut off by Tony walking in, who I hadn’t mentioned anything to. He was my boss; I wasn’t going to involve him too much in my personal issues.

He looked at the two of us suspiciously before talking. “What are you two up to?” Casey and I looked at each other with matching confused expressions before shaking our heads as if to say ‘nothing…’. He didn’t look as though he believed us but didn’t push the issue any further. “Kar, I need you to go get some supplies for me, the delivery guys broke down and for some reason they won’t send out a replacement truck so I need you to bring back everything that needs to be put in the fridge. I don’t have time to do it.”

“Where is the truck broken down?” I asked as I grabbed my handbag, fishing through it to find my keys.

He looked thoughtful for a second before replying. “About an hour away.”

“But I finish in like 2 hours.” I told him, like he didn’t already know that.

He sighed. “I’ll pay you overtime if it’ll make you happy.”

“That’s not what I was getting at. I need to be home for when Billie and the guys get back.” I told him honestly.

“Weren’t they getting back before you finished? You tried to get off work early remember?” Damn he has a good memory.

I sighed deeply and looked over at Casey, who looked like he was going to offer to do the job for me.

“Casey, you can’t do it. I need you here with me. I need help moving the fridge from out the back into the bar.” Tony said, reading Casey’s expression at the same time as me.

“Fine, I’ll do it! But I’m leaving the moment I unload everything from my car. You can put it in the fridge yourself.” I told him as I pushed past and left before he could give me anymore instructions but returned shortly after asking for directions.

I returned almost 3 hours later with almost all the supplies in my small car.

“Thank you, Karmony. I really didn’t want to put you out but it needed to me done.” Tony said to me as he helped unload the car.

I waved my hand from underneath one of the boxes. “It was really no problem, all I had to do was drive there and sit in the car, the truck driver done it all for me.” I laughed, remembering the scene I caused on the side of the road when the truck driver told me he would do all the work, he won the small battle but I still caused a scene.

“I can only image what you done to the poor guy.” Tony said, laughing along with me as he pulled out the last box. “Now go find Billie Joe and get all the details about the tour for me. I want to know everything!”

I just continued to laugh and nodded by head. “Bye Tony.” I called out to him as I shut the door behind me and raced back to my apartment to see my boy.

When I got to the apartment it was so tense. Everybody tried acting happy but I could see straight through their acts.

“What happened?” I asked immediately. No ‘Hey guys how was tour?’ or ‘I missed you guys, never leave again.’

They all glanced at each other, all including Edie and the three guys. “N-nothing.” Mike stuttered, smiling nervously at me.

I looked at Billie Joe to see if I could get an answer out of him, he wouldn’t even look at me; he just stared at his lap. “Don’t lie to me Michael.” I snapped, making everybody look at me in disbelief. “If it’s nothing than tell me why everybody looks so tense. And I don’t want to be lied to; I’ve been lied to enough in the last month.” I aimed the lat bit at Billie who still wouldn’t make eye contact with me.

It was quiet for a while, the only noise coming out of the TV where a rerun of ‘I dream of Jeanie’ was playing. “Nothing happened, Kar.” Edie said, being the only one game enough to lie to me. Even Tre was being quiet for once which proved to me that something was up. I shot her a look which made her change her mind about what she’d said. “Okay, I’m not going to be the one to tell her.” She told the rest of the guys.

“Neither am I!” Tre finally spoke up, raising his hands as if to surrender. “Beej should be the one to tell her.”

Billie’s head shot up from his lap and he glared at one of his best friends. “There is nothing to tell her, Tre.” There was a warning in his voice that told me that he didn’t want Tre to mention it.

I groaned loudly. “I’m still here guys. I can hear you. I’ve known something was up since virtually the start of your tour and if none of you have the balls to tell me what it is, I want you all to leave. And I don’t want any of you to talk to me until you grow those balls and tell me.” I told them simply, and stood aside so they could go to the door. When none of them moved I pointed to the door, “Out, now.”

They each slowly stood up and walked out of the room.

Billie Joe stopped in front of me. “I real-”

“Don’t even talk to me, Billie Joe.” I snapped as I looked away from him. I knew I would give in to him if I seen the hurt on his face.

I know I was overreacting, I mean, I just threw them out of my apartment for not telling me what happened on tour. It’s not really that big of a deal but I knew something was up and it had been bothering me for weeks and then they get back and it’s obvious that something happened and they won’t tell me, I’m going to crack the shits with them.

I felt the air escape from Billie’s lips as he sighed and walked away leaving Edie and I alone.

“I don’t know the full story, and I don’t want to get him in more trouble for something that may not be right.” Edie said once the front door had closed. She hadn’t moved from her spot on the couch.

I smiled at her. “I don’t want to hear it off you anyway. But just tell me, was it really bad?”

She looked nervous and just shrugged. “It depends how you take it, really.”

“How will I take it?” I asked. Again she just shrugged, this time not saying anything. “Would now be a good time to go home?” I asked the question that I didn’t want an answer to. I didn’t want to leave without the details that happened but at the same time I wanted to leave and never hear the details.

“I think you should hear what Billie has to say before you leave the state.” She told me before leaving me alone sitting on the arm of the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Hometime - Canterbury