Status: Updates come every chance I get.

And I'll Sculpt My Life For Your Acceptance

I Feel Like Shit, the Morning After.

Back to Karmony’s Point of View

I woke up the next morning on the couch, which really confused me. But once I seen the CD cases on the coffee table I remembered the night before, Billie had been here. I tried to remember him leaving but I must have fallen asleep on him.

I stretched my arms out and sat up, my back was killing me. It was a bad idea to fall asleep on the couch. I threw my legs over the side of the couch and stood, I straightened my back out before I bent over and arched it, it didn’t do anything so I gave up and glanced at the clock, it was 10. I still had two hours so I decided to have a shower.

When I was finished I made my way back into my room and got dressed in an old band tee and a pair of jeans. I left my hair to dry naturally in soft waves and put on a small amount of make up. I made my way to the kitchen, in the hall on a random table was my home phone and answering machine, the number 2 was flashing in bright red. I pressed the play button and my father’s voice entered the previously silent apartment.

“Kar, you haven’t called yet. I’m worried. How did the job hunting go? Have you met anybody yet? Anyway call me as soon as you get this.”

The next one was from Edie. “Bitch, call your father. He’s heaps worried about you right now. I bet you’re with some cute guy aren’t you? That’s why you’re not answering. I know you like the back of my hand. Call me with the details but first call your old man.”

They were both from last night. I did as I was told and called my dad, but he didn’t answer. I left a message for him and tried Edie.

“About time!” her voice said after barely one ring.

“Sorry, I got a job and didn’t get back ‘till late than I had a visitor and the-” I was cut off by her.

“What’s his name? Is he cute? What’s he like? How did you meet him?” she asked.

“How do you know it was a boy? It could have been the girl from the bakery?” I’d called Edie, my dad and Cameron while I was waiting for the keys to my apartment and let them know about my trip and everything.

“I just know it was a boy from the way you said it and you getting all defensive proves that it was.” She said smartly.

“Blah! Fine whatever, yeah it was a boy; his name is Billie Joe. He is gorgeous. He’s in a band, an extremely good band, I met him at my apartment because of some guy who helped me move in some boxes and last night I seen him at work and we arranged to meet up so I could get a couple of CDs off him and then he showed up at my apartment and he ended up staying until I fell asleep than left but he has a girlfriend so I don’t know.” I mumbled the last bit.

“Well he clearly didn’t care about his girlfriend when he was with you, now did he?” she asked. “But it’s good to see you actually taking notice of the Californian boys and not sticking to the ‘I’m not looking for love’ bullshit that you strung your dad and brother.”

“I’m not looking for lo-” I was cut off again by her.

“So what’s your job?” I sighed angrily at her not-so-subtle subject change.

“I’m working at a music venue called 924 Gilman Street.” I told her, before glancing up at the clock, it was 11:30. “Oh shit, I’m sorry Ed but I got to go or I’ll be late to work. Bye, I love you.” I said and hung up the phone without a reply before rushing out the door.

I arrived at work about 5 minutes late but Tony didn’t seem to notice or if he did, he didn’t care. He showed me to a room with 2 desks, each with a phone and a pile of tickets with envelopes and a few pieces of paper.

He explained what I was supposed to do and that there was another girl who came in on Thursday’s to do the same thing as me.

He left after a little while and I got to work, it was pretty boring and I had too much time to think which resulted in my thoughts going to Billie.

Tony came back in at around 2 and told me that I could have a break. He asked me to go with him to a dinner just down the road a bit, I agreed because I was starving. We were gone for about an hour and when we got back there was a red car parked out the front. I thought it must have been someone that worked there or something but by the look on Tony’s face it wasn’t.

“What is he doing here?” he mumbled to himself as he got out of the car, I did the same and followed him back through the large doors at the entrance. When he walked in Billie was standing there talking to the bouncer, Casey. “Billie, what can I do for you man?”

“You can not do anything,” Billie told Tony. “You,” he said pointing to me. “on the other hand, can.” I shot him a confused look. “What time do you get off?” he seemed like he was in a good mood and he looked happy too.

I looked at Tony. “She can finish at 4 since she’s almost done.” He answered for me.

“’Kay, well, mind if I wait with you?” he asked me.

I looked at Tony again who just shrugged his shoulders. “Sure, if you want.” He smiled at me; you know the one that makes me weak in the knees? Yeah, that one.

I led him back to the room that I was in before and sat back in my seat. “Why are you here?” I asked once he’d closed the door.

“To take you out.” He answered simply.

“And what makes you think I would actually go out with you?” I asked, his smile faltered for a second.

“I just know you want me.” He answered, his voice cocky.

“What if I have a boyfriend?”

“Oh, yeah, Eddie.” He spat out the unfamiliar name.

“Who?” my expression was one of confusion, his mirroring it.

“Last night,” he started, glancing around nervously, his cockiness disappearing almost as quickly as it appeared. “you were mumbling his name in your sleep.”

I tried to think of what I was dreaming about. I knew I dreamed about Edie and I being in a park and playing around like we we’re little kids again.

“Oh!” it suddenly occurred to me. “You mean Edie.” I said, laughing at him.

“Yeah, Eddie…” he gave me a confused look, one which I returned.

“No, E-d-i-e, not E-d-d-i-e.” I cleared up, he looked embarrassed that I had to spell it out. I started laughing at the thought of Edie being my boyfriend. “I don’t have a boyfriend, it’s okay. But don’t you? Shouldn’t you be with her now?”

He glanced down at the ground while he rubbed the back of his neck. “Uh, no. No girlfriend.”

“But last night, you dedicated the song to some girl.” I said wanting to know what it was about. “And don’t say that you aren’t dating her because they were some pretty deep lyrics that I don’t think you would think up about a friend. Don’t think of me as some fool, Billie Joe.” I snapped, his head flew up at the harshness in my voice.

“I don’t think of you as a fool. This is not something I want to talk about in here, I’ll explain it once we get out of here.” He said as he turned around and headed for the door. “I’ll wait for you out here.” He called back over his shoulder before slamming the door shut behind him.

I groaned and slammed my head down on the desk, why am I so stupid!
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Say Yes - Elliot Smith

Happy New Year!

This is fair short because I haven't had time to continue with what I'd already written but you won't get another update 'till maybe Saturday/Sunday here in Australia since I'm gunna have a mass hangover tomorrow D: legit not going to be feeling too good.

But enjoy :) And comment please? Since it's NYE/NYD