Status: Currently on hiatus.

Shattered Secrets and Asphyxiated Stars

“I took the cork lid off the glass jar and gazed at the small paper stars that frowned upon the mere sight of me. They all abhorred me, for I stole their freedom and exchanged it with a different burden for each of them to withhold. The feeling wasn’t mutual, but I was immune to their rejection. After all, I couldn’t expect them to like me when I asphyxiated every single one of them in a frozen atmosphere. But I couldn’t regret the decision I made to entrap them inside the glass jar.”

What will you do if you have a scar that will always force you to remember an event that you wish you can forget? What can you do if you think the only option to relieve the pain is by building an invisible wall to protect yourself? What should you do if you don’t know how to start over and live a new life as you pretend that everything is okay when it really isn’t?

Hailey Daniels wishes she knew the answers to all three questions, but unfortunately, she doesn’t know how to answer any of them. Ever since she was sixteen years old, an imprinted mark on her skin always reminded her of the misery her mother has caused her.

For seventeen years, Hailey has subconsciously created a defense barrier to shield herself from everyone around her. Her father and new stepmother have told her that she needs to start over and begin a new chapter in her life, but she doesn’t even know how to do this when she doesn’t understand what starting over even means.

Will Hailey be able to figure out the answers to these questions before it’s too late? Or will her new life also become shattered?

+++++++++++++++++++ Copyright © 2010 by TheAestheticOutline

+++++++++++++ Image