Status: Active (:

All I Wanted Was You, John O'Callaghan.

Chapter Thirteen

For me, time always passed by quickly. All those months touring with The Maine flashed by like a movie. Looking back, I wished those months had gone by slower so I could cherish them. These two weeks passed by slower than I could possibly bear; when I wanted time to move quickly - it passed slowly. Murphy's law anyone?

Everything in Arizona reminded me of John; it felt like someone was squeezing my heart dry of all the love and memories we had together. Squeezing me dry. I would be watching The Notebook and start crying because John and I used to watch it together. Or a song by The Maine would pass on the radio and my heart would ache. Almost everyday was a challenge without him.

Along with the pain of missing John, came the guilt of cheating him. That was quickly followed by anger at Alex, then a crushing desperation over the whole situation. Nothing ever managed to take my mind off John and that killed me inside. It was like no matter how much I wanted to forget because remembering hurt so much, I was even more terrified of forgetting everything we had.

In the course of these two weeks, I registered for college. My parents, though upset that I was leaving them, were supposedly proud of me and felt a hell of a lot better knowing that Roxanne was coming with me. We were both going to fulfill our 'lifelong dream'; I wanted to go into journalism and interview bands for Alternative Press Magazine while Roxanne wanted to go into business and open a concert venue.

Since I had already gotten my AA in high school, I only need two years of college, which was a relief. I had never been a fan of school, no matter how good I was at it. My classes weren't supposed to start for another month so meanwhile, I was living with Mom and Dad. Lately, they had been fighting a lot, bu today it was just too much to handle.

"Don't you think I noticed?" Dad asked furiously.

I walked down the stairs slowly and silently, my fingers tracing the wall. I sat down on the last few steps, leaning in to hear everything. I was shielded by the wall separating the kitchen and the hallway, but I could see the light from the kitchen spilling across the dark living room. Dawn was going to break soon, but for now, everything was dark.

"What are you talking about, Tom?" Mom sounded pissed - it was the tone she used when she caught me coming home drunk from a party.

"Your affair." He sneered.

My mouth dropped open in shock, My parents had been married for thirty years; I always thought they were so in love and that nothing could tear them apart. But Mom, having an affair? No fucking way.

"You're crazy." She answered curtly. I let out a gasp; that was Mom's tell-tale sign of lying.

"You'd think after thirty - almost forty - years you'd have the decency to tell me the truth but you're the same spoiled brat I met all that time ago!" Dad yelled, getting angrier.

I got up from my spot on the stairs and raced to the kitchen, my feet moving on their own. Dad was sticking an accusing finger in Mom's direction, his face red. Her lips were pressed in a thin line, her dark blue eyes livid and her hand closed around a frying pan she looked ready to hit.

"Stop!" I screamed, hoping Mom didn't swing.

"Jennifer, stay out of this." Mom growled.

"Yeah, wouldn't want her to find out about the guy you've been screwing behind my back." Dad spat.

"GUYS, look at yourselves! Really?! Is this necessary?!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up for emphasis.

"Jen, leave." Mom ordered.

I took a step back, contemplating if I should leave or not. I turned halfway, about to leave, then turned to face them again. I look my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "No." I snapped. "Did you know John and I broke up?" Tears welled in my eyes.

Their heads snapped to me. "What?!" Mom and Dad yelled at the same time.

"Yeah, that's right." I took in a shaky breath. "You guys have been fighting so much, you didn't notice your daughter was upset. Are you happy now?" I gave them a look of disgust.

Mom softened up. "Honey, we didn't know. I'm so -" I lifted up my index finger to stop her. "Save it."

Ignoring their protests, I grabbed my keys from the counter and walked down the hallway, opening the door. Roxanne had one hand up like she was ready to knock. She took up my angry expression, then looked over my shoulder at my parents. Her eyebrows furrowed and she frowned.

"Did I come at a bad time?" She asked.

I looked back at my parents who were staring at me in shock. "No," I turned to face Roxii and walked past her. "I was just leaving." Without another word, I got in the car with Roxanne and drove away from my parent's mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Guess who's back?

Haha, comments are love. <3
Gotta get back on track here. Love you guys !