Status: Active (:

All I Wanted Was You, John O'Callaghan.

Chapter Five

"What about this one, Lis?" I asked her, holding up a black denim mini skirt from Guess.

She pursed her lips and brushed a strand of her reddish brown hair behind her ear. She had dyed her hair so many times, I had lost track and she didn't know what her natural hair color was.

"Well...?" I urged her.

"Go try it on, then I'll tell you." She grabbed a few more clothes off the rack and put them in my arms, then pushed me towards the dressing room.

I spotted Alex sitting on the chairs in front of the dressing rooms, looking utterly bored.

"Having a nice time, Gaskarth?" I asked, smirking.

He narrowed his eyes. "The best time, Benson."

I rolled my eyes. "You're not thinking of cross-dressing are you? I mean, with those tight-ass skinny jeans, you're already pushing your luck."

"So does that mean you noticed my skinny jeans?" His eyes lit up with amusement.

I didn't skip a beat. "Yeah, I noticed what was missing." I joked.

"Oh--" His retort was cut off by a laughing Lisa.

"Stop fighting and get your ass in that dressing room!" She exclaimed, sitting down next to Alex and laying her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, get your scrawny ass in that room." Alex echoed.

Lisa slapped his chest playfully. "Be nice." She warned.

I sighed. "Nice isn't one of the few words in his vocabulary, Lisa."

"Yeah, but prositition is." He shot back.

"Gosh, what is up with you two, today?" Lisa chuckled. "It's pretty funny, but Jenny needs to try on clothes."

I walked into an empty dressing room and locked the door behind me. I slipped off my sandals and striped off my clothes, putting on one of the outfits Lisa had set aside for me.

I opened the door and walked out, wearing the black mini skirt and a white lacy shirt that hugged all the right curves.

"It's cute." Lisa smiled at me.

I looked at Alex for a brief moment to see what his expression was. There it was! That unidentifiable emotion hidden deep in his eyes, something that I wouldn't be able to decipher.

"Now go on and try some more clothes!" Lis exclaimed.

I nodded automatically and left before I would look like a creeper for staring at Alex. I mean, it wasn't exactly my fault that I was keen on discovering what that was in his eyes. I had always liked jig saw puzzles.

I closed the door behind me and put on a fluffy skirt that spun in a perfect arc when you twirled around. It was the kind of skirt I loved. I took off the white lacy shirt and put on a corset-type blue shirt. It was tight--no duh--with white and glittery embroidery on the front; it looked like flowers. When you put the two together--the shirt and the skirt--it looked like a dress.

I walked out, feeling mildly self-conscious. It happened every once in a while, like preforming in a new crowd. The feeling was quick; it only usually lasted for a few seconds until I got caught up in the moment. Well, when I heard the wolf-whistle, the feeling was gone like that.

My eyes fell on Alex who was staring at me, wide eyed. I blushed. "What?" I asked, looking at him and then at Lisa.

"You look absolutely gorgeous." Lis complimented, grinning.

Alex wolf-whistled again and I shot a look at him, then looked at Lisa for her to do something.

"Sorry babe, but he's right. You look--" Alex cut her off with one word.

"Hot."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to make it longer, but when I was writing it, I thought this was the appropriate place to stop it ;)

Ya like?
Commment--Subscribe!