Status: working on it

Something Went Wrong

the first day

I woke up with a start as my phone began to ring. I didn’t want to wake up. I was so tired. I snuggled into my blanket realizing it wasn’t my blanket. Actually it wasn’t even a blanket. The phone didn’t stop ringing so I finally fetched from my pocket. As I looked to the caller id I realized it was my boss, Ben.

“Hello?” I said in a sleepy voice
“Hi Sam. Goooood mooooooooorniiiiing” he said in a singing voice. “What are you doing? You sound like you just woke up.”

“Well I actually did just wake up”
“What? Shouldn’t you be at school by now?”
“Yeah…” I started trailing off “well I somehow managed to get myself suspended for the next 3 days...”

“OMG. What did you do?” he said
“Oh nothing major. Just some fights. What did you wanted to talk about?” I asked snuggling back to whatever type of material was covering me.

“Oh. Right. I just wanted to ask you if you could come in early. Martha got a cold and she’s sneezing the life out of her. I don’t really want others to get the cold and you were the only one that could come in sooner, but now I guess it’s even better. Would you mind coming in at 9 to work? I really need you to help out.”

“Oh sure. I’m free anyway. Is Martha ok tho?” I asked a little worried. Martha was a 57 year old lady who worked there before Ben took over the ownership from his father a few years ago. She was like a younger grandma to everyone in the shop. She is a really sweet lady. She had no relatives but had like 14-16 cats. Weird. What’s with old ladies and cats anyway?

“Sure. She’s ok. Don’t worry. Then I’ll just send her home now. I’ll see you later. Oh, and today you get your paycheck so be ready to spend it.” he finished with a laugh.

“Ok. See ya later then” I said putting down the phone and snuggling into the corner of the couch I was sleeping in almost drifting back to sleep. Almost.

Then, it all hit me. I wasn’t in my bed but a couch. All the thing that happened with me started to come back. It’s like I forgot about everything. Opening my eyes I noticed I was facing the corner of the beautiful red leather couch that I jumped on yesterday night. Looking around I remembered that I was in the cellar of my new home. The mansion of the Black family. I closed my eyes opening it again to find a black leather jacket on myself. It was Damien’s leather jacket. The one he wore yesterday.

“So it wasn’t just a dream…” I whispered slowly.
Another phone call pulled me from my dazed self. It was Dawn.

“Hi baby. How was your night?”
“Hey there. It was the wierdest ever. By the way I’m not living home anymore”

“What? What are you talking about? Where are you?” She asked a little panicked.

“Chill girl. Don’t worry. Nothing bad happened. It’s just that it seems my dear parents finally noticed I was alive. They had someone… well actually I don’t know myself. But don’t’ worry. In short, when I got home there was some older man a and a guy at home. In the end I was told I was just some dropout and I will move away. now I live at some huge mansion with the men and it’s awesome”

“Are you insane? What were you thinking?!?” she said getting mad “You’re living with god knows who and you are still happy? Who knows what they want. Maybe they will kidnap you or kill you or God knows what?”

“Dawn. Relax. Chill. They are not that kind of people. Dude they live in a mansion. They’re all business and so professional in business talk. Don’t worry. Whatever it is I can take care of myself. You know me. If something happens I’ll let you know” I said “But now I have to go. I haven’t even seen the whole house. Plus I gotta go talk to that Harold guy”

“Oh. Ok. But wait. Who is this Harold guy? Is he hot?” she said. I could fell her grinning from ear to ear.

“No! He’s old. But don’t you have a guy already?” I asked mocking her.

“Hey. I’m in love but I’m not blind. You know me. She said.” Yeah. I do know her. She’s always like this. She may be checking out other guys but she is loyal to Jamie. She’s a great girl and friend none the less. “So what about the other guy? You said there were two”

“ooooooh. Well he might be something worth checking out.” I said teasing her a little.

“Great. So what does he look like. Tell me everything.” She ushered.

“I will baby. I will. But not now. I still have to see if there’s anyone in here. I talked to Ben and I’ll be working this morning at Broken Wings, but after that I’ll tell you everything on the practice. Ok?”

“Yeah. Ok. I’ll be there. But promise me if anything happens you’ll call”

“Ok. Don’t worry”
“Alright. See ya. Have fun in school”
“hahaha. Like we can. I have two math classes, history and physics with Mrs. Bad Breath. Dude that woman still stinks.Anyway have fun and call me.”

As I shut the phone got up and stretched. Before I headed to the place where I remembered the door was I looked at Damien’s jacket one last time. Why did he put this on me. He wasn’t the protective type if you ask me. I got the jacket anyway and headed upstairs. I heard some noises form the kitchen and saw Harold is his suit all ready with a cup coffee in his hand.

“Well good morning.” He said
“morning” I said getting in the kitchen. Noticing a basket of fruit I got an apple and started my little investigation. “So. What relation do you have with my parents? Not that I complain, that place was never my home, but you know I’d like to know. It is suspicious that I got to live at a place like this.” I said leaning against the stool.

“Well the only thing I can tell you right now is, “ he started, but then his phone began to ring “excuse me I have to answer this call” he said turning away. I looked at my phone and noticed it was already 7:43am. I have about an hour to get ready and got to work. I found the entrance. My luggage was still near the front door. I went and got out some clean clothes and turned to look for a restroom. This never really took too much time. I changed and brushed my hair, then got out. I put my used clothes in a free pocket of my bags. I got to ask Harold to show me my room. I can’t live in a huge place like this with my things in the hallway and changing in the restroom all the time. I might as well move in the cellar. I already love that place anyway. Hmm actually not that bad of an idea. I wanted to walk back to the kitchen but I could still hear Harold talking. There was a door on my right so I headed to it. Might as well check it out. Opening it I saw it was the garage, and oh my dear God. There were 3 babies there that I fell in love with. There was a breathtaking cherry red Ford 150 truck. Then a beautiful black MBW X6. Then the car of my dreams, a black Ford Mustang GT with vivid red flames on it. Wow baby. Now that’s one hell of a car. I walked closer to it passing the other two. As I got next to it I slided my hand on the hood of it. Man. Chills rand down my spine when I touched it. It was that feeling when you almost worship something and then there it us under your hands.

Just when I opened the door and wanted to get in Damien came out of nowhere and pulled me out of the way looking really pissed.

“What do you think you’re doing?”
“Looking at the car. Duuh” I said. It was pretty obvious. He looked angry.

“I could tell, stupid. Why the hell were you touching it?”
“Why am I the stupid? You’re the one who is acting all fiercely.”

“This is my car. Now don’t you ever touch it again. I don’t want to sterilize it or anything.”

“What the fuck is your problem dude?” I asked getting angry “are you PMSing or something. Go take a cold shower or something and don’t take it out on me if you can’t get laid or something. Sheesh…” I said walking away as he got into the car and drove away. Ahh what a beautiful sound the engine made. It was music to my ears. Now I know girls should me all into make up and just look good with the cars, but I am one who loves not only looking at them from the outside and sit in them, but look at them in the inside too and sit behind the wheel to go for a hell of a ride. Now if Damien thinks I won’t touch that car again he’s the dumbest person in the world. Once he has his hands off of it, I’ll be the first to take it for a little trip on the highway. You can bet on that. That car has 520 hp for a reason, and that is not just shoving it off but trying it too.

As I walked to the door I noticed another baby. This time not a car tho, but a gorgeous red and black Ducati. 200 hp s in the little baby. Oh man. From where on earth do they have the money to get 4 gorgeous cars and maintain them like this. God. I really hope they will lend them to me too.

As I walked back I heard Harold call me from the hall.
“Well since Damien headed out and I have to go to attend some important things, do you need to go anywhere? I know you have no school for the next 2 days too, so do you want me to drop you off at the town. Don’t you want to the mall or something?” he asked.

“Well I do want to go in the town. I work at a place called Broken Wings as a waiter and I arranged it so I can go daytime while I’m not in school, so you dropping me near there would be great.” I said.

“Great. Then get your things. I’ll wait you in the car outside”

I got to my stuff and pulled out my basketball kit and my backpack with laptop, ipod, drawings and some other stuff I probably don’t eve know are in it.

As I got into the Bentley I asked the big question again.
“So. About the conversation from earlier today…” I trailed off

“Ah yes. We were interrupted. Well all that I can say is that I knew your parents from long ago. I had a favor to return to them. And that’s about it.”

“Well then how come you are doing this now?”
“Well you are getting near you 18th birthday. You will be legally an adult in every way, and you should try this.”

“So how long can I stay?”
“As long as you wish for”
“Are you kidding me?” I asked stunned “ I can live in a place like that for all my life if I want to? Whoa. Where’s the trick?”

“There is no trick. Plus you can use the cars too of course. We won’t be heading to the same place all the time. But the Mustang is off limits. That is Damien’s car. He won’t let anyone touch it, so be careful with that. But besides that anything is for you too from now on.” He said smiling. “So where is this place you are working at?” he asked. I didn’t even know we were already here. I was stunned.

“Well you can drop me off here. It’s only a few streets away.” I said. As the car stopped I got out. Saying bye to Harold and going to Broken Wings.

“Hey Ben” I said getting into the place.
“Hey there Sam” Ben said smiling at me. He was 31 year old but still looked pretty good. He had a great body and short brown hair with matching hazel eyes. He looked pretty good. He was an awesome boss. Not too severe, but he had the air of authority. He was the boss. There was no mistake in it.

The place was awesome. The main colors were dark brown, black and red. There were white and red lights. The bar was pure black with blue and green lights all around it. The place served drinks and food, and had a big dance floor. Music was blasting all day and night with the greatest diversity. It was a great place to come to for youngsters. I loved it.

I talked a lot with Ben, telling him about the things that happened these days. He congratulated me about the fight I took place in. I have fun talking to him. He’s a great listener. I great boss and a good friend too. he’s somewhat like a big brother to me. Pretty cool.

After job I got may paycheck and went to school. It sounds weird that I go to school when I’m suspended, but I do love sports. It’s like a type of drug to me. I can play to the extent that I could easily collapse and have fun all the time.

Today I had basketball practice. I recently got into the team, because till now I was too busy with just volley. Now I played in both and I loved doing it. It was exhausting but worth it.

As I got near the changing room I felt someone behind me. Turning around that someone jump at me but I already knew who it was. Dawn.

“God I missed you so much. You know how awkward it is to be her without you? And there’s still 2 more days” we got up and headed to the changing room.

It was so great that she was playing two sports too. This way we always met every single day. We were best friends since junior. On the first day of our high school life we bumped into each other while looking for the sport teams, and became friends at that moment. We are like that ever since. She has beautiful curly brown hair. She’ 5 foot 5. A basketball player. We loved to be together and have fun.

I told her about the things that I found out about this morning. She still had her doubts about the things but so did I. after a great practice we headed to the showers and met up with the others to go out for a pizza.

Jamie was a basketball player too. He was tall, around 6 foot 1. He had messy blonde hair and blue eyes. Great friend none the less but actually I can tell this about all of my friends.Then there was Paul. He played football. He was a great player. He had a big sister that was an air hostess traveling all over the world. He was 6foot 1 too, with short black hair and brown eyes.And last but not least Sarah. She came from Australia in second year and she plays volley. She has long straight blond hair with light green eyes. She had a big brother and sister in Australia.

Except me Dawn was the only one with a little sister. But hers was much more younger and way more cuter then mine. Her name was April. She was s 6 year old little angel. She had long lightly curly hair and big brown eyes. She was absolutely adorable.

We headed towards the pizza place with Dawn when I just saw a beautiful dress. I had to run in tugging Dawn after me and try it on. Just so you know I’m not that mad shopping bimbo who runs around with tons of bags around the mall, but I do love to dance, and this one is a dress in what I could dance perfectly salsa or samba, or any other dance. I especially loved latin dances. When I tried it on it fitted perfectly. It hugged my curves at the right places. I had to buy it. Today was salsa night and this was something worth getting into.

Reaching the pizza place we met up with everyone. We had a great time.

“So how’s your school free time so far” Paul asked “anything new happened?”

“Oh yeah” I explained them everything to them about the last day. It was one hell of a time.

“So any of you on for tonight’s salsa dance?” I asked hopefully “I know it’s Wednesday but It’s salsa. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease….” I asked with pleading eyes. Batting my eyelashes a few times. “Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease”

“Ah sorry Sam, but there’s no way.” Sarah said shaking her head. Unlike you we have classes tomorrow and tests too. I would go, but I have to get a higher score, or my parents would kill me.

“Boys” I asked with hope.
“Nu-uh” they said in unison. “Sorry Sam. No can do. Tomorrow’s morning practice for us.”

“Dawn. My last ray of hope. My dear little sunshine?”
“Wheeeeeeeeeel, I could manage. Well it depends on who will be at home to watch April” she said.

“Yesss!” I screamed. A maybe at dawn is usually 99%. So it’s awesome. We started to pack up the things and pay when my phone started to ring. It was Harold.

“Well hello there. I just wanted to call where you are so I could send Damien after you. I have to go on a business trip for a few days but I’ll be home on Saturday. So where should I send Damien?” he asked

“Well I just wanted to head home right now. I’m with my friends. You know it’s now big deal. You don’t have to send him. I’ll just take a cab.” I said not really wanting to be with Damien right now.

“Nonsense. Tell me where you are and he will go after you.”
“Alright. I’m going to go in front of the mall, so he can find me there. ok?”

“Alright. I’ll call Damien to let him know.” And he ended the call.

“Who was that?” The others asked.
“Ah. Just Harold. It seems Damien will come after me”
“Oooh. The guy with the Mustang Dawn squealed. Nice”
“Yeah… Alright then bye bye everyone, and see you guy tomorrow. And Dawn, hopefully see you today” I smiled.

The others went home as I went in front of the mall, when Harold called me again.

“Ok. I talked to Damien. He will be there in about 30 minutes. Now I have to go tho. Alright then. So see you in 3 days. Have fun” he said. Well this was awkward. He’s acting like someone who knew me since I was a kid or something. Whatever.

Anyway I got tho the entrance and bought some ice cream at a nearby stand. Then waited. And waited and waited and waited. And guess what. Our dear Damien never came. It was already 9pm. I waited for him for 2 hours already. He wasn’t coming. That was for sure. I called dawn to know if she was down with going to the club right now.

“Well, okay, I could manage to sneak out. But are you coming here first? Cuz then you will have to come in the good old way aka the window.”

I laughed and said “ yeah. This little bastard didn’t come so I still have all my stuff with me. I’ll be there in 10. ok?”

“Sure. Hurry up”
As I got to her house, trough the window of course, we got ready really fast and headed to the nearby club called “Butterfly” without knowing what the next few hours would bring us, and let me tell you, it wasn’t the normal routine we were expecting

http://www.booksie.com/media/20576/image/img_2380.jpg

http://www.booksie.com/media/20576/image/0810-ducati-monster-695.jpg