Tainted innocence

Chapter 4

"I think she's waking up." a voice said from above me. I feel as if I was hit by a hundred pound weight. "Did anyone get the license number of the carriage driver who hit me ?" I said to no one in particular rubbing my head. Laughter was heard from above me, but that is a voice I really am surprised at hearing that voice hear in the woods. Speaking of which since when is the forest so comfortable?

I opened my eyes expecting to see the forest and Sasha laying next to me, but I'm not in the forest anymore. "Where am I?" I asked staring up at the black lace canopy above me. The same lace surrounded the red silk temprapetic bed I was on. "Your back at Luna, princess." the same female voice said from above me. Kay.I propped myself up, even that took a lot of work, to see her better. She looked the same as the last time I saw her; covered in bruises. Wait... did she just call me princess? "Why did you call me princesses? And what happened? What time is it?" I asked quickly my fear and shock throwing my heart all out if whack. "Calm down. It's the same day that it was this morning. Remember? This morning in the market..." she said trailing off and still didn't look at me as she sat on the end of my bed. After she said that I remember. the market, Eric, allies, fire, it all came flooding back to me.

"You still didn't answer what I'm doing here." I said looking at her from almost all angles. No big changes really. She squirmed at what I said. I stared at her knowing that she would crack sometime. She sighed and I know I win this round. "It appears Hunter's fiance had a untimely death. They chose to not stop looking for you, so you could replace the missing fiance." she whispered softly, but I heard it as she was screaming it.

"no." I said firmly trying to hide my fear and terror. She shook her head. "Your hunter's big Christmas present. They sent me to get you cleaned up and then get Eric and he will get you really ready." she said getting up and coming over to me. "Come on. Let's get you a warm bubble bath." she said holding out her hand, but I just shook my head stubbornly. She sighed. "If you don't get up I'll have to bring someone in to carry you." she threatened but I don't believe her she wouldn't do that to me. she pursed her lips and clapped her hands.

One second later I found myself undressed and in the a tub full of bubbles. "Hey..." I whined trying to get out. " Come on simmer done." she said picking up a bottle of scented shampoo. "But-" I was cut off by her poring the jar onto my head. It basically went like that the whole time. I try to protest and she manages to do something to make me shut up.

"There were all done!" Kay said dragging me into a standing position and wrapping a towel around me. "So, now what?" I hissed even more grumpy because it is really cold out of the warm water. "Now, I go get Eric and we see where we go from there." she said and I smiled. "Yes, yes, go Kay, go. Go and get Eric! I'm pumped!" I said bouncing a little. Ha Ha these people are such idiots. "A guard is staying with you." Kay said realizing what I was thinking. "Kay ,please, you know what happened. Don't make me go through with this." I beg giving her my perfect puppy-eyes. "As much as I agree that these people need to get a life, you have to understand. When you ran away Hunter got really really depressed. He would yell for you in his sleep, he didn't eat or sleep for days, he just hasn't been himself for all this time. the day you left almost all of the palace was out looking for you. We haven't ever stopped, I have no idea how you avoided us for so long." Kay said wiping a piece of wet hair out of my face. "Really, you don't understand at all. He actually cries himself to sleep. I hate these guys, but even this is too hard for me to watch. So, please, just stay and play the part. I bet you can learn to love this place again. You did once, maybe you can do it again." she said and gave me a small smile."Be good." she said and walked out leaving me with the two guards who were at the door.

"So, you come here often?" I asked the guard closest to me. He looked about my age making him three years younger than Hunter. He looked surprised as if he didn't expect me capable of actual coherent conversation. "No, not usually, princess. I suppose you don't remember me, your highness." he said with a smile. The whole calling me "princess" or "your highness" is still kind of creepy. "Um, no. I don't think i know you." I said looking at him from different angles. short curly dark hair, razor blue eyes, pout lips, and olive skin. No... I can't remember him. 'It's okay I didn't think you would. I haven't seen you since you were a little girl. Well, we haven't interacted since you were a little girl, I have seen you around as you grew up." he chuckled in a creamy voice. okay he's a guard who knows me... and he is guy. that is kind of strange because the only guys i was allowed to interact with was Hunter, Eric, their dad, and some different royal peoples at parties that Hunter needed attendees. but other that i didn't really know any guys at the palace. Sure I have seen them around, but I wasn't allowed to speak to them. In fact most weren't allowed to even look at me.So, who is he?

" I'm Drake. Your older brother. I came her right when you did, we were taken together in fact." he said a strange emotion in his voice. He sounds almost strained. "Wait... if your my brother and you look about my age you would be my twin correct?" I sked. I really am not buying this bull-ship. "Well, actually i only look young i'm two years older than you." he said matter-of-factly. Hmm... I wonder... "Tell me, when did they take us?" I asked. I don't really know I was too young, but it would prove if he knew anything about me. " I six and you were turning four." he said looking at me almost smug by telling me the info. well, let us see how much he knows about the younger me. "You ahve a birth mark in the shape of a tar on the small of your back." he said looking smug again. He was good he knew me. no one, and I mean NO ONE knew about my star birth mark. there is only one other thing that could prove he knew me before I came here. "What is my middle name?" I asked squinting at him. He gave me another smug smile, and said "Asia.". Okay he must be related to me becuase no one knows that about me.

"So, what up bro?" I said teasinly and he smiled. "Good to see you again little sis. You freaked me out whith the whole running away stunt you pulled." he said turning serious on me. "what wre you thinking? You could have gotten mugged or killed or what if you starved? Huh? What if you got a sever punishment or got sold?" he asked worry tainted his voice. Okay... maybe this guy is my brother after all. "you know, shouldn't be trying to get me out of this mess? You should be protecting me, instead of making sure I don't run away." I imform him. He sighed and shook his head. "I did my best to give fake trails if I found out anything, but then i figured you have a home here. And now you are royal and will get a happily ever after." he said looking me dead in the eye. We heard the door open and he straitend up. "This is for the best." he hissed at me in a low voice and then turned back into his original statue pose.

"Hello shayla. It's good to see you have joined the world again." Eric said from the door-way, Kay standing behind him. "not so good to be back." I said adding venom to my voice. "I suppose you do have to get use to the idea of being back at Luna and the idea of bcoming queen, but you better hurry it up." he said in a firm tone looking me in the eye trying to stare me down. "Where is Sasha?" I asked remebering that we had been seperated. Eric looked a little surprised I brought up Sasha. "Right here. You coroperate and be a good girl we wont hurt or take away your little fire-breathing pet." he said in a tone that sounded like an adult talking to a child. He looked over at Kay and stepped aside. on a chain lesh was a muzzled Sasha. I can feel my eyes go wide in terror I have never seen Sasha, my big bad wolf, look so scared and upset. "Let's get you ready and then you can have your dog back." Eric said taking the lesh and passing it to a guard. "Kay..." he said and she came over taking my arm and taking me out of the tub.

Kay led me over to a walking closet and opened it up. "What is your choice in her clothiing for this event master?" she aske looking over at Eric. He said nothing, he just came over and shuffled throught the dresses and other cloths. finally he pulled out a slim red silk dress that matches the bed covers. "This." he said passing Kay the dress. she came over and tugged me into the closet. I start to struggle, but I hear a whimpering behind me. The guards are starting to pull Sasha away. "No!" I shout and run into the closet taking Kay with me. I slammed the door shut and grabbed the dress from her. "Here you go." she said passing me a black lace thong and black lace bra. I slipped into both of them and Kay passed me the dress. I sighed, but slipped into it.

"Should we do anything with her hair/" Kay asked Eric and he shook his head with a smile. "Leave it wet and down and no shoes either." he said going over to Sasha. "For being such a good girl, you can have your dog back." he said unchaining and un-muzzling Sasha. As soon as he was free Sasha raced over to me. I crounched down and let him lick me all over. I laughed, but soon our reunion was over. "I have to start giving and getting my big gift or gifts. The guards will take you down at your cue. by the way if you must your little mut can come with you. Just no fire or it is going to get ugly." Eric said over his shoulder as he walked out of the room. Leaving me and my fears and my dog and some guards and Kay alone to await the start of my life is heck.