Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Six: Test Run

Katie jumped up and down on the spot a little as she was surprisingly focused. She took a deep breath as she watched Jonah cautiously walk over and get into the ring. Jonah looked slightly frightened, seeing and hearing what she was capable of, not only in training but in the ring too. He was gonna need to be careful, she seemed like one of those people who were unpredictable.
“Ready Jonah”
Katie smirked as she watched Jonah imitate her jumping.
“As ready as I ever will be”
He replied, letting his fear known as he frowned slightly as Tony got out of the way so they could lock up. Katie almost instantly put him in a headlock forcing him to his knees.
“Shit!”
Jonah mumbled as he tried to fight out of Katie’s vice-like grip she had around his neck. He managed to push her into the ropes hoping to be able to flip her over his shoulder, but that failed as soon as she grabbed a hold of the ropes, which slowed her momentum. She thought for a minute before charging at Jonah only to get hit with a stuff upper cut, causing her to stumble backwards, dazing her slightly. She snapped a look at Jonah who was trying to get his breath back, as Katie got out of the ring onto the ring apron, getting onto the top rope jumping onto Jonah landing on his back in the splits. Katie then rolled off his back and got to her feet before placing him into a submission hold which she called D.I.V.A. Jonah yelled out slightly grabbing at Katie’s leg to try pull her leg off but gave up after a few moments and tapped. Katie got to her feet again running her fingers through her hair with a smirk.
“And that ain’t all I got”
Katie stated, following it with a somewhat evil laughed as she watched Jonah stagger to his feet.
“That’s not what I was expecting, thought it would have gone on longer. But your definitely a powerhouse and in a way a high flyer too”
Jonah said leaning against the ropes, slightly woozy from having his face slammed into the mat, grabbing at his jaw clicking it a few times.
“What do you expect…”
She stated with a smile.
“I’m unpredictable!”
She said as she got out of the ring and walking over to Lynnie who held out yet another water bottle for Katie to take, who politely took it, drinking it’s entire contents letting herself fall to the ground so she could lay there for a moment, the upper cut that Jonah had hit her with had taken a lot outta her.
“You okay?”
Lynnie asked standing over Katie with a concerned look on her face.
“That upper cut hurt like hell”
She replied with a slight laugh as she briefly placed her hands on her forehead.
“Ohh, well it sounded like it did, I bet Avril heard it back at the house”
Lynnie stated with a laugh as she extended her arms to help Katie back to her feet, who instantly grabbed a hold of Lynnie’s hands, anchoring her feet on the floor as she pulled herself to her feet.
“Thanks!”
She whispered, placing her hands firmly on her hips as Jonah walked over to them.
“That was impressive”
Jonah stated as he extended his arm for Katie to shake.
“Dude, that’s the oldest trick on the book”
She laughed with a slight shake of her head.
“What?”
Jonah smiled innocently as he put his hand back next to his side.
“Well, your opponent goes to shake your hand, then they clothesline you, well, that’s what they did in the Indy Leagues”
Katie replied as she sat down on a bench.
“Ohh, you mean that trick”
He laughed as he sat down next to Katie, only to have Lynnie lay across their legs, making Katie roll her eyes playfully as she looked down at Lynnie who looked at them with an innocent smile.
“You really need to stop doing that!”
Katie growled playfully as she began bouncing Lynnie’s upper body on her legs.
“Why…”
Lynnie began to say say as she fell off their legs and landed on the floor.
“That’s why!”
Katie grinned evilly as she got to her feet, herself falling to the floor next to Lynnie, landing in the splits again.
“Ello!”
She laughed as she lent forward on her elbow, smirking as she watched Lynnie roll on to her stomach.
“Your so mean”
Lynnie stated with a somewhat angry pout.
“I know, you of all people should know that by now”
Katie replied with an evil smirk.
“Hey, uhh, I gotta go”
Jonah said as he got up from the bench.
“I wanna see you here tomorrow at around 12 pm because if Vince want to see you wrestle, he’d gonna have to do it here”
He said walking backwards in the direction of the door.
“Tomorrow?”
Katie and Lynnie questioned, exchanging glances before looking up at Jonah.
“Yeah, I kinda forgot to tell you, Vince and all them landed about an hour ago, they wanna see you tomorrow”
He replied with a small wave as he ran out of the door to avoid further questioning. Katie and Lynnie exchanged looks again as they got to their feet and jumping up and down in celebration.
“Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god!”
Katie exclaimed as Lynnie pulled her into a hug.
“I know, this is an amazing opportunity and I want you to make the most of it okay?”
Lynnie stated sternly as she pulled away from the hug, placing her hands firmly on Katie’s shoulders shaking her slightly.
“Trust me, I will. Especially considering Beth and Natalya, or whatever their names are called us Kiwi’s worthless”
She replied with an added snarl.
“I’m gonna go home, eat dinner, and get an early night so I don’t have any excuses”
Katie said with a small smile, a little surprised that it was already 7 o’clock.
“Okay hun, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow”
Lynnie stated with a smile of her own as she watched Katie walk out of the gym. Katie waved goodbye to Tony as she walked out of the door and to her car, hopping in and sitting in the seat for a few moments letting everything that had happened sink in. She was so overwhelmed, all she thought was going to happen was that she would get into a New Zealand Professional Wrestling League, not go straight to the WWE. She started the car and carefully backed out of the car park and sped towards her house, which only took like 10 seconds to get to. She turned into the driveway seeing Avril standing in the doorway with a frown. Katie raised her eyebrow as she shut off the car, grabbing her bag and stepping out of the car and walking over to what seemed to be an angry flatmate.
“What’s wrong?”
Katie asked curiously as she stood in front of Avril, scanning her face with careful eyes.
“You’re leaving me for America?”
Avril replied with a small growl.
“I just got a call from some Jonah guy, he said you might wanna start packing in case you get selected”
She said with a frown firmly fixed upon her lips.
“Av’s, I… I’ve got a WWE try out, I might not even get selected”
Katie stated as she pushed past Avril, throwing her bag on the couch and walking into the kitchen to find something to eat before she went to bed.
“And if you do get selected?”
Avril asked as she followed Katie into the kitchen.
“Then I’m gonna go to America”
Katie replied looking over at Avril briefly before turning her attention back to the instructions on a packet of pasta mix. Avril stormed out of the kitchen and walked to her room slamming the door behind her. Katie walked to the store and made herself the pasta, then sat down on the couch as she ate her pasta. She flicked on the T.V. to the news finding them talking about the WWE and KPW.
“What the…?”
Katie whispered as they showed the footage of her at the gym, working out and wrestling Jonah. She watched the T.V. attentively as she ate her dinner, which she finished rather quickly. She put the plate on the floor and watched the news till it finished, when it was over she turned off the Tv> and took her plate to the kitchen, placing it in the sink about to wash it only to be interrupted by a knock at the door.
“I’ll be right there”
Katie yelled, wiping her hands on a towel and made her way over to the door, dodging the couch before reaching for the handle and hesitantly opening the door.
“Hello?”
She said as she looked up at the man standing in front of her, Katie was shocked to find Vince McMahon standing alone at her door.
“Hi, I won’t keep you waiting”
He stated with a smile.
“Jonah Somers told me you lived here so I thought I would come by to see who I would possibly be stealing from place they call New Zealand”
Vince chuckled, noticing Katie’s jaw hanging, using his finger to shut it.
“Sorry, it’s just that this so surreal”
Katie stated as she began blushing slightly.
“Uhh, I was just about to get ready for bed…”
She began to say, pointing behind her as she noticed four figures walking towards them.
“Well before I let you go, I’d like you to meet a few people”
He smiled standing back so Katie to see his ‘employees’.
“This is Liz, Nat, my daughter Stephanie and her husband Paul”
Katie’s jaw dropped again, seeing the people should possibly be working with standing in front of her.
“Is she okay?”
Liz asked, exchanging a glance with Vince before raising her eyebrow.
“Liz, she’s 19 and meeting the likes of you, I’d be offended if she wasn’t acting like this”
Vince said with a small chuckle.
“Uhh, I’m Katie”
She said extending her hand to Liz, Nat, Paul and Stephanie who politely shook her hand.
“Nice to meet you Katie”
Each one of them said with bright smiles, taking turns at shaking her hand.
“Looking forward to tomorrow?”
Paul asked curiously as the girls walked back to the limo, muttering stuff to each other.
“Definitely”
Katie replied with a small smile.
“Any chance I could wrestle you?”
She asked Paul who replied with a small laugh, staring at the ground briefly before looking back up at Katie.
“Flex”
He said standing back, crossing his arms carefully as Katie flexed her arms with a small smirk appearing on her lips as Stephanie made her way back over.
“Holy shit!”
She exclaimed, her eyes fixed on Katie’s biceps.
“No way I’d get in the ring with you, I feel sorry for Liz and Nat, you seem like a little ball of energy, and you got muscles to match”
Stephanie laughed as Liz and Nat’s heads snapped over in their direction at the sound of their names, shaking their heads as they got into the limo. Katie smiled childishly at what she thought was a compliment.
“Maybe another time”
Paul smiled as he and Stephanie walked over to the limo together, his arm draped over her shoulder
“I guess we’ll see you at Mid-Day tomorrow at that gym down the road?”
Vince said as he pointed in the general direction of the gym, Katie just nodded with a slight smile.
“Of course you will”
She replied, waving to Vince as he too walked away. Katie walked back into the house locking the door behind her before she walked into the bathroom. Brushing her teeth and hair before she got ready for bed, yawning slightly as she changed into her pyjama’s and hopped into bed, falling asleep only seconds after her head hit the pillow.