Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Seven: Proving herself…to everyone

Katie had woken up several times throughout the night, the excitement was overwhelming, but at about 1 am, she had finally managed to fall asleep until her eyes began to flutter open 8 hours later at 9am.She rubbed her eyes a little as she stared at the clock noticing the time.
“Shit!”
She mumbled, getting out of bed to find Avril eating some form of breakfast on the couch. Katie wandered straight passed her and into the kitchen to get herself some cereal for her own breakfast. She decided to eat her cornflakes at the table instead of disturbing Avril and her precious TV.
“Page 4”
Avril mumbled from the living room, causing Katie to look up and was slightly confused as she glanced at The NZ Herald that was lying on the table. She picked it up and turned to the forth page to find a picture of her in the gym under a big headline that read, ‘NZ’s First WWE Trial’. Katie stared at the title for a moment, her jaw dropping as she read the article as she ate her breakfast, finishing both at roughly the same time. She lent back in her chair as she drank a glass of orange juice that was sitting on the table as she let everything she’d just read sink in before taking the bowl and glass to the sink.
“I’mma have it framed”
Avril stated, still not making eye contact with her flat mate. Katie shook her head slightly as she walked back to her bedroom and began to get ready. She rummaged through her drawers to find the gear she normally wrestled in which was a simple outfit that consisted of a black singlet with a silver fern on the back, and some black track pants. She tossed them on the bed, grabbing some shorts and a t-shirt, which she changed into, replacing her pyjamas before beginning to search for her gym bag which like always was under the bed. She carefully packed in her wrestling gear, along with a couple of wrist wraps and her knee brace, a couple of bottles of water and her cell phone. It was around ten thirty and was about to grab her car keys when her phone rang, making her jump slightly, quickly grabbing it out of her bag.
“Hello?”
She asked cautiously as she didn’t recognize the number.
Hey Katie, its Jonah, I’m just ringing to tell you that Vince has gone and changed the time, he now wants you at the gym at eleven”
He said in a somewhat rushed voice.
“Dammit, okay. I’m heading there now, if I can be bothered I might jog there, I need to warm up”
Katie replied as she walked back out to the living room to grab her keys from the bag she’d thrown on the couch the night before.
“Okay, I’ll see you in thirty minutes”
Jonah said as he hung up the phone. Katie cleared the screen of her cell walking back into her room, throwing her phone back into her gear back, quickly slinging it over her shoulder as she made her way to the front door.
“Good luck”
Avril mumble again as Katie walked out the door.
“Thanks dude”
She yelled back in response as she hopped into her car, she wasn’t in the mood for running, quickly starting the car, making a short journey to the gym. She parked the car on the street this time, considering there were no parking spaces left in the car park. Katie literally jumped out of the car, walking through the entrance, locking her car at the same time, finding Vince, Liz, Nat, Stephanie and Paul, all the people she’d met the night before sitting on some benches, and it was only 10:40. She slowly made her way to the changing room, getting into her gear before dawdling over to the bench press, loading about 200 kilos of weight on to the bar before laying down on the bench, placing her hands firmly on the bar as she began to do a set of 15.
“Hey, isn’t that the girl we met yesterday?”
Katie heard Paul ask Vince as she began to take deep breaths as she pressed the weight.
“Yep”
Vince replied simply, shaking his head at Liz as she walked over to the bench press that Katie was warming up on, standing behind it as she aided Katie last press and helped lock it in place.
“Thanks”
She mumbled as she sat up, rotating her shoulder a few times.
“You always bench press this much?”
Liz asked as she sat on a bench near Katie.
“Nope, sometimes more, sometimes less”
Katie replied with a slight shrug as she grabbed a bottle of water from her bag taking a large sip, watching Liz with careful eyes as she got up and walked away, sitting back down next to Nat and began muttering to everyone. It was getting close to eleven so she decided not to go on the tread mill, so she walked out to the room where Tony had set up the ring for a second time, feeling eyes on her back, dropping her bag on the ground as she stood there for a moment trying to calm her nerves. She took a deep breath, only to have a small scream escape her lips as she felt someone’s arms wrap around her stomach and carry her around.
“TONY!?”
Katie laughed as Tony put her down after a few moments.
“Go get ready, it’s almost time”
He smiled, handing her the gear bag.
“Dude, I’m already ready”
She stated, pointing to the back of her shirt. Tony let a small laugh escape his lips before a serious look appeared on her face as Liz and the others made their way over. Katie looked behind her, taking a deep breath as she looked behind her before making her way to the ring, sliding in and getting to her feet then jumped around a little, turning her attention to Liz and Nat.
“Who’s first?”
Katie asked curiously as she opened and closed her fists.
“You couldn’t take either of your, you… worthless Kiwi”
Liz snarled slightly with an added smirk.
“So I will put you out of your misery”
She stated as she got into the ring slowly, taunting Katie a little. Katie glanced over at Nat, then Stephanie, Paul and Vince who all had some form of a worried look on their faces. A bell rang, causing Katie to snap her head in the direction of Beth, focusing her attention on Liz as they began to circle the ring.
“I'm not worthless"
Katie snapped, charging at Beth, spearing her to the mat then quickly got to her feet, looking over at the door, seeing Jonah, Lynnie and Tony standing there. She looked down at Liz picking her up by her hair, maneuvering her into a better position before executing a perfect vertical suplex, which took a bit out of Katie too. As she slowly got to her feet, she felt her arms get pulled back and get lifted up.
“Shit!”
She mumbled feeling herself fall, timing was critical at this point. She quickly spun her body around, countering the GlamSlam, making Liz’s face hit the mat instead of hers. Shaking off the effects of her back hitting the mat she crawled over to the fallen diva and pinned her.
“One, Two, Three!”
Tony and Lynnie yelled in time to the ref’s hand hitting the mat, making Katie smile as she heard the hand hit the mat for a third time.
“Yuss!!!”
She yelled, quickly jumping to her feet, shooting a sly look at Nat before turning her attention back to Liz who was stumbling to her feet. Katie let a small sigh escape her lips as she walked over, extending her hand to help Liz up, who reluctantly took her hand allowing Katie to pull her to her feet.
“I take its back”
Liz whispered breathlessly as Katie helped her out of the ring until she was safely sitting on the bench next to Nat before climbing back into the ring.
“Your turn”
Katie smirked in Nat’s direction, who still seemed confident, Nat slowly got to her feet, sliding into the ring keeping a close eye on Katie to try find her weak spot, not finding anything that was visible at the time. The bell rang for a second time and the two women began circling each other. Nat went straight for her arm, because that seemed to be where all of Katie’s power came from, twisting it painfully before grabbing a hold of Katie’s hair, slamming her face into the mat. Katie lay there motionless for a moment, a worried look on the faces of everyone in the room, even Liz.
“Your not gonna get that far honey, if your that easy to take down, especially if I have anything to do with it”
Nat stated as she circled Katie’s body, but there was only one reason for it, she was planning to lock in the SharpShooter, she kicked Katie hard in the stomach, forcing her onto her back. Nat grabbed a hold of Katie’s legs and moments later the SharpShooter was locked in. Katie’s head snapped up as she felt pain shoot through her back, an angered look appearing on her face.
“Yeah….Baby….”
Nat began to yell, only to whisper the last part as she turned her head to find that Katie wasn't screaming out in pain like everyone else did. She let go of the hold and stood back as she though for a moment, tapping her lip with her finger before setting Katie up for the Surfboard submission maneuver. Katie grimaced slightly as she squirmed, managing to escape the hold and falling onto Nat’s stomach. She quickly scrambled to her feet and climbed to the top rope, smiling in Lynnie’s direction as Nat turned over, clutching her stomach. Katie jumped from the rope, landing over Nat’s back in the splits, forcing her face to the mat, like she’d done to Jonah the other day. She then wrapped her leg around Nat’s neck and arm as she pulled back, this is what she called her D.I.V.A submission, not only was it a chokehold, but if you did it right, it also applied pressure on the lower back. About half a minute later, and loads of screaming out in pain, Nat finally tapped out. Katie almost instantly released the hold, rolling away as she fixed her gaze on Nat who was now clutching at both her neck and stomach. She got to her feet, walking over to Nat extending her arm to help her to her feet, only to have her slap her hand way, instead, using the ropes to get to her feet, snarling as Katie exited the ring.
“How dare you?”
Nat growled at Katie, stumbling somewhat as she walked over to her angrily and began to get in her face, making Katie get back in the ring with a small smirk fixed firmly on her lips.
“How dare I what? Beat you?”
She replied arrogantly, getting out of the ring for a second time, standing on the ring apron about to jump to the floor, only to have Nat kick her hard in the stomach causing Katie to fall awkwardly to the ground. Everyone in the room at the time looked up at Nat who had an evil smile on her face as she laughed at Katie.
“I told them you were worthless”
Nat laughed as Liz shot her a disapproving look as she got into the ring.
“What the hell Nat, she won that fair and square, the you go and do that?”
Liz snarled quietly trying not to draw too much attention to them.
“Do what? Teach her a lesson”
Nat stated with an evil smirk as she watched everyone crowd around Katie with worried looks on their faces.
“She’s worthless, I don’t even see why we’re here, because this is a total waste of our time”
She exclaimed with a somewhat annoyed look on her face as she crossed her arms angrily.
“Nat she’s 19 and kick both our ass’s, I’m sorry but that’s not worthless”
Liz snapped as she grabbed a hold of Nat’s wrist, pretty much dragging her outside to the car they’d arrived in while everyone inside sat around Katie as sthey helped her slowly to her feet, slightly dazed.
“And I actually liked her”
Katie stated with a small frown as she lent against Paul who was the one holding her up right.
“You okay?”
Stephanie questioned with a worried tone in her voice, raising an eyebrow slightly as it looked like Katie was beginning to go pale.
“I’m fine, it was just a little unexpected”
She replied, taking a deep breath as she blinked a few times, adjusting her eyes to the light that was pouring through the windows.
“And I thought I was a spoil sport”
Katie stated with a small laugh as Pail helped her over to the bench, looking down at her leg as he noticed she was limping.
“Your leg, is it okay?”
He asked as she carefully sat her on the bench, taking the seat next to her, Vince sitting on the other side and Stephanie sat in front of her on the floor.
“Just a niggly injury, happened like six years ago, it plays up now and again”
She replied with a heavy sigh as Stephanie rolled up her track pants to inspect her knee, only to find a heavy brace on it.
“It must be pretty serious if you have that”
Stephanie stated as she ran her fingers over the straps of the brace gently before she looked up at Katie with a somewhat concerned look.
“Considering that I’ve done a lot of working out with legs the past week might have something to do with it, I push myself sometimes”
Katie replied with a small laugh that turned into another sigh.
"It usually plays up if I work too hard on it"
She said with a small sigh as Liz walked back in but without Nat, sitting down next to Stephanie on the floor, who was still examining with brace with careful eyes.
“Sorry about Nat, she’s got a lot goin’ on at the moment, but still, its no excuse”
Liz said with a frown, raising an eyebrow at the knee brace on Katie’s leg.
“That looks serious”
Liz said with an added frown as she looked up at Katie who was becoming slightly annoyed at the fact everyone was talking about her knee.
“Can we please stop talking about my knee, its not that important and it’s making me feel depressed”
Katie snapped as she jumped to her feet, stepping over Liz and Stephanie, walking into the ring that still hadn’t been packed away yet, sitting down in the middle facing away from the WWE, her possible career in wrestling might be in jeopardy because of the way she was acting. She ran her fingers through hair, hearing people mumbling behind her, glancing over at the door where Lynnie, Tony and Jonah had been standing earlier but had disappeared. Katie let out a small sigh as she got to her feet then falling back to the mat, landing in the splits for no reason at all, which for no apparent reason, sparked some worry in the others.
“Katie are you okay?”
Stephanie exclaimed, pretty much jumping to her feet and sliding into the ring, wrapping her arms around Katie in a motherly fashion, which Katie allowed, she didn’t really mind it.
“I’m fine”
Katie smiled, wrapping her arms around Stephanie cautiously; she’d actually forgotten what it was like to have someone hug her like that considering her mum had died a few months back and her father, well, he didn’t want anything to do with her. She let out a rather loud as she thought about her messed up family, suddenly feeling another set of arms wrap around her surprised at the fact it was Nat, then another set which were Liz’s.
“I’m sorry…”
Nat said with a small frown as she pulled away from the hug, looking at Katie with an apologetic look on her face.
“It’s okay, I was kinda expecting it. I do watch you on SmackDown, I know how you interfere and stuff”
Katie replied with an evil grin, she wanted to be like that, the chick that no one can mess with.
“And besides, I’d be pretty pissed to if someone eight years younger than me kicked my ass”
She smirked playfully as Nat let a small laugh escape her lips before raising her eyebrow.
“So you are 19?”
Nat questioned carefully.
“Yupp”
Katie replied with an added nod
“I thought Liz was joking”
She stated, biting down on her lip softly.
“The way you fight, you could be a veteran”
She added with a bright smile in an attempt to compliment Katie.
“Well, I have been training for 4 years”
Katie said with a big grin as everyone released the grip they had on her.
“Yay, now I can breath”
She joked as she moved her legs around to the front of her as she lent back on her hands.
“Can you do like, any tricks when you do the splits?”
Nat asked curiously, as all three women got to their feet and exiting the ring, leaving Katie sitting in the middle.