Status: Finished.

Dreams Really Can Come True

Eight. Something Unexpected

Katie looked up at Stephanie, before glancing over at Liz and Nat while biting down on her lips softly.
“Uhh, kinda why? You wanna see?”
She asked curiously as both Liz and Nat pulled Katie to her feet quickly.
”Of course”
Nat said with a small smirk, speaking for everyone as they exited the ring and sat on the bench, looking over at Katie in anticipation as the Kiwi Girl climbed to the top rope, standing up straight at first, bending her legs a little before jumping forward, flipping off of the turnbuckle, landing on the mat in the splits, turning slightly to face the women that were sitting on the bench as she leaned forward, resting her chin on her closed fists.
“Holy crap!”
Liz exclaimed as her jaw dropped slightly.
“Melina won’t be happy if she see’s that”
She stated with an added laugh before pouting softly. Katie felt rather proud of herself as she sat there, she didn’t usually show people her ‘split tricks” but she thought she may as well show the Diva’s, considering that if she was allowed to, she would use them in the WWE, if she got selected of course.
“Imagine me doing that”
Paul chuckled as he took Stephanie’s hand in his.
“That would be a miracle”
Stephanie smirked, poking her tongue out playfully.
“If you two are gonna get all mushy, you can go”
Katie teased causing Steph to blush slightly, looking away from Paul as she got to her feet and sat on the other side of Nat, who was now in the middle of Paul and Stephanie.
“You guys are weird”
Katie stated with a laugh, finally getting out of the ring so Tony could start packing it away. As she jumped off the ring apron, her cell phone rang, causing a Pitbull song to sound throughout the building, but by the time she got to her bag and finally found her phone after rummaging through it the person had hung up. She tapped away at a few buttons until she found her ‘missed calls’ list finding the most recent one, her eyes gazing over the name freezing almost instantly as she read the name ‘Aaron’. The Blonde stumbled back slightly before falling to her knees and dropping her phone in unison.
“Katie?!”
Nat yelled, showing concern in her voice as she walked quickly to Katie’s side, kneeling down next to her, wrapping her arms tightly around her body as she leaned her head against Katie’s.
“What’s wrong?”
She asked as she pulled away from the hug a little, only to tighten her grip again as Katie burst into tears. As soon as the others heard Katie’s cries, they all walked over, making her have a crowd of 8 people surround her, all with concerned looks on their faces as they too knelt down on the floor. Lynnie picked up Katie’s fallen phone, looking at the highlighted number on the list, a sudden wave of anger running through her body.
“I swear to god, I’mma kill him one day”
She growled, clearing the screen as she looked Katie straight in the eye, placing a hand on her shoulder before speaking.
“Is he bothering you again?”
Lynnie asked seriously, forcing confused looks to appear on everyone but Katie and Tony’s faces. Katie replied with a small nod as she somewhat buried her head into Nat’s shoulder, tearing streaming down her face. Stephanie sighed as she got to her feet, motioning for Lynnie to follow, both walking into another room, making sure that they were out of hearing distance.
“What’s going on?”
Stephanie asked carefully, looking Lynnie dead in the eye as she waited for a response, the England Native letting out a heavy sigh as she gazed a floor.
“It’s her ex-boyfriend, ever since she started training, coming to the gym, and dreamed up this whole fantasy of being a wrestler, he’s been bothering her”
Lynnie replied with a small huff, looking over at Katie and the others out of the corner of her eye.
“He’s playing mind games, trying to psych her out or something insane like that, for fucks sack, he even stalks her sometimes”
Stephanie frowned slightly as Lynnie spoke, turning her head to look back at Katie who was still being comforted by Nat.
“All the more reason to take her back to America then”
She said with a small smile, leaving Lynnie’s side and walking back over to the 19 year old, pulling Vince aside to talk for a few moments before they exchanged nods. With that, they both walked back to Katie’s side, Stephanie sitting down in front of her with a large grin on her face, lifting the young girl’s chin with her finger.
“WHAT!?”
[i[Katie snapped slightly, Aaron was no laughing, let alone, smiling matter.
“How soon can you have all your stuff packed?”
She asked Katie, Stephanie’s smile still fixed firmly on her lips. Katie almost instantly stopped crying as her mind processed what Stephanie had just said to her.
“Do you mean what I think you mean?”
She questioned, biting down on her lip as she watched Stephanie’s expressions.
“Uh huh”
The Brunette replied, her smile even larger now. Katie’s mood changed almost instantly, totally forgetting about Aaron as she let go of Nat, lunging forward and wrapping her arms tightly around Stephanie.
“Thank you so, so much”
She exclaimed, resting her head on Steph’s shoulder before getting to her feet and jumping around in excitement, as if she was a little kid again.
“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god”
She yelled before turning around to face everyone, she was so overwhelmed with everything, a couple of days ago, she was an ordinary 19 year old girl, and now she’s the newest WWE Employee. Katie’s celebrations were cut short as her gaze fell upon a dark figure standing in the doorway.
“Aaron...”
Katie mumbled, stumbling backwards and falling to the floor, crawling away as he advanced on her.
“Ello, how are you my darlin’?”
Aaron smirked as he stood over a frightened Katie.
“What part of leave me alone, don’t you fucking understand”
Katie snapped, repositioning herself onto her knees, lunging forward as she speared him to the floor, sitting on his stomach as she hit him as hard as she could with closed fists.
“KATIE!”
Lynnie yelled, running to her side, grabbing a hold of her waist and pulling her off of a squirming Aaron.
“What are you doing?”
She asked angrily, pushing her away from him, forcing her into the seat next to Liz, who immediately got the hint, wrapping her arms tightly around Katie to stop her from getting at Aaron again. Tony made his way cautiously over to Aaron, grabbing him by the scruff of the neck as he pulled him to his feet roughly.
“What have I told you? Leave Katie alone”
Tony scowled, leading Aaron away as he smirked in Katie’s direction, who in turn narrowed her eyes angrily at him, squirming slightly in Liz’s grip. Liz and Nat exchanged looks as Katie managed to escape Liz’s grip, storming over to the punching bag, kicking it numerous times in an attempt to calm herself down, which worked somewhat.
“Who was that?”
Paul asked carefully as Tony walked over to him and Vince.
“Aaron”
Lynnie scowled slightly before motioning to Tony to go check on Katie. Even though none of them knew who he was, or what he’d done, and angered look appeared on all their faces as they turned their attention to Tony who had successfully managed to calm Katie down as he embraced her in a protective hug, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as they walked back over to Vince and the rest.
“So...”
Vince said with a blank look on his face.
“Should we go to your house now so you can pack, or do you wanna kick Paul’s ass first?”
He asked with a sly grin on his lips as he shot a look at Paul.
“I’d rather pack. We can’t have some one less than half his ages embarrassing him in front of his wife now can we?”
Katie replied with a small smirk, following it with an evil laugh as Tony unwrapped his arm from around her shoulder.
“Its fine Katie, I kick his ass all the time”
Stephanie stated as she poked her tongue out at Paul.
“You wish”
Paul chuckled slightly as he wrapped his arm around Stephanie’s shoulder.
“Uhh, my house is just down the road, it’s in walking distance if you wanna come over”
Katie exclaimed as she picked up her gym bag, slinging it over her shoulder as she walked towards the entrance door.
“I’mma comin’!”
Liz yelled, pretty much jumping to her feet as she followed Katie, Liz’s voice causing Katie to turn around, flashing a smile at everyone.
“Why don’t all of you just come over?”
She said with a small pout.
“We can order pizza”
Katie exclaimed in a lame attempt to bribe them all.
“Sounds good”
A couple of them said in unison, causing Katie to smile brightly, turning back around, shaking her head a little as she opened the door and walked out. Leaning against a pillar, she pulled out her phone as she waited for everyone else. First Liz walked out, and she was followed by Nat and Steph, then Paul and Vince.
“How far is it exactly?”
Nat questioned with a small yawn.
“Oh, just a couple of minutes, but that’s when I jog”
Katie smirked as they began to walk down the road in the general direction of her house, realizing that she had got a fair way ahead. She just kept going though; it only took her 5 minutes to get home. She stopped for a moment, checking the mail, as well as giving them a chance to catch up to her. Opening the mail box, Katie found nothing inside she leaned back against the fence, humming quietly to herself.
“What took you so long?”
She said jokingly as she poked her tongue out playfully at them
“We’re old and slow!”
Nat laughed, poking her tongue right back.
“Be careful Blondie, I might bite it off”
Katie teased, opening the gate and walking down the pathway to her door, the others in tow. Avril wasn’t home, so she had to unlock the door as well as unarming the alarm. Huffing slightly, she walked in the door, throwing her keys into a bowl on the table near the door before she sat herself down on the couch, watching the expression on the faces of her guests.
“Paul and I are gonna head back to the hotel, but you girls stay here and do your nails, and chat, or whatever it is you do”
Vince chuckled, as he and Paul disappeared back out the door.
“And then there were four...”
Liz stated with a playful laugh, sitting herself down on a bean bag while Nat and Stephanie sat either side of Katie on the couch.
“How much you gotta pack?”
Steph questioned as she let a yawn escape her lips.
“Uhh, I dunno, I have a lotta stuff... You can have a look if you want”
Katie replied, herself beginning to yawn too, and within seconds everyone was. She slowly got to her feet, walking into her room with Stephanie, Liz and Nat following her closely. She ruffled her Blonde hair a little as she walked to her wardrobe opening the doors and pulling out 4 collapsible suitcases and sat on the floor. Stephanie laughed to herself a little bit as she flopped herself down on the bed, lying down as she yawned again.
“Woah, this bed is comfy”
She stated with a small giggle.
“I know, it’s the reason I sleep a lot”
Katie laughed to herself quietly as she began to pack her many dresses which she had worn numerous times to clubs and party’s since she turned 18, and she had over twenty of them. Liz pouted softly as she sat on the edge of the bed watching Katie carefully, noticing something shiny reflecting in the mirror, turning her head to find several medals dangling from hooks that were fixed to the wall.
“Woah...”
Liz whispered to herself as she stared in awe at the collection of medals on the wall.
“What?”
Steph questioned slightly as she turned on her side as her brown eyes came across the medals Liz was staring at.
“Woah...”
She said her jaw dropping at the number of medals.
“What? Oh...”
Katie said, raising her eyebrow before she realized what they were talking about. Her many Athletics and Netball medals she had, sighing slightly as she realized that she wouldn’t be able to continue doing those sports if she left for America, slowing down the speed of her ‘rummaging’ as she briefly looked up briefly as Nat knelt down beside her.
“You see them medals up there?”
Katie asked as she pointed up at the wall, looking over at Nat with a somewhat saddened look on her face as Nat replied with a small nod.
“They’re my Netball and Athletics medals, I just realized that I won’t be able to compete in those sports anymore if I go to America and wrestle”
She sighed, pulling down a whole bunch of dresses and jeans as she began to pack them in one of her suitcases.
“Well, to be honest, I haven’t heard of Netball but you can still do Athletics, what’s your specialty?”
Nat asked as her eyes scanned Katie’s dresses as she packed them away.
“Discus, Shot Put and the 100 metres”
She replied with a small smile, as she held up a dress she’d brought a few weeks ago, removing the tag and began to pack it away as Nat grabbed it out of her hands.
“Go put it on”
Nat stated with a bright smile before handing it back to Katie. She rolled her eyes playfully as she got to her feet and walked to the bathroom changing into the dress quickly, adjusting it before she walked back into the bedroom, throwing her training gear in a pile on the floor.
“Wow”
Nat exclaimed, her jaw dropping as Katie sat back down and continued to pack.
“What?”
Katie asked curiously as she looked at the expressions on everyone’s faces.
“Seriously what?”
She asked again as she packed her favourite pair of black skinny jeans.
“That looks amazing on you”
Stephanie exclaimed with a small pout, making Katie giggle blush slightly, she never actually thought she looked good in any dress she wore.
“Dude, I’m home!”
Avril yelled as she walked through the open door, causing everyone’s head, including Katie’s to turn in the direction of the door.
“I’m in my room”
Katie yelled back and moment later Avril appeared in the bedroom door.
“Hey du...”
She began to say as her eyes fell upon the likes of Stephanie McMahon, Natalie Neidhart and Elizabeth Carolan.