Status: In the process of making

Falling nightmares

Chapter 7

I went to bed early the next night again but this time I did it, not to see if I would have a dream, but I wanted some time alone to think.

I lay in bed thinking till two ‘o’ clock whether or not I should approach him again. Maybe he did truly just not see me sitting there, waving to him and calling ‘hi’ to him.

I waited for him in homeroom near the same desk he was sitting in the day before. I know it may sound stupid but I could smell and sense his presence from yesterday.

He didn’t show up in homeroom, He was probably late I told myself but I didn’t believe it.

We’d be having history after morning tea so I would surely see him then. But I was disappointed when he didn’t come to history either. I had science last period but another no show from him. Adrienne didn’t come to school either that day and neither did Ian. Ian never waged and I doubt he was sick because I had never seen him sick in whole my life.

After school I went to Ian’s place to see what was wrong with him. I had to knock on the door until my knuckles were bruised.

Finally when someone opened, it was Mrs. Kennard, Ian’s mum.

“Ciara, what are you doing here?” I was offended by Mrs. Kennard’s attitude. Normally she was always so nice to me, what happened today?

“I came to see Ian,” I said in a polite tone even though she didn’t deserve it. “He didn’t come to school today.”

Mrs. Kennard looked over her shoulder to her house and then back to me. “Ian hasn’t been keeping too well lately. And he really isn’t in the mood for visitors.” She was obviously making an excuse.

“I just want to see if he is ok,” I stepped forward so I could go into the house but Mrs. Kennard put her hand to reach the other end of the door so I would get blocked.

“I don’t think this is the right time.” Her face was full of concern and worry now.

I stepped back far enough so Ian could see me through his bedroom window.

“Ian,” I yelled “Ian,” no answer. “Ian,” I yelled again but no one came out the window.

I turned so I could face Mrs. Kennard “Sorry for my trouble,” I said truly sorry. Poor Ian, he must be so sick that he couldn’t even get out of bed “And tell Ian to get well soon please.”

“Goodbye Ciara,” was all she said before I started walking back home.

No one showed up the next day or the day after that either. Ian showed up after three days.

“Ian, you are back” I ran to him the first moment I spotted him with some of his guy friends outside his homeroom.

His friends gave us an awkward look but then left us alone.

“Yeah I am. I was sick.” He explained.

“Yeah I know. I went to your place.”

“You did?”

“Yeah I came after school. I talked to your mum. Didn’t she tell you?”

“Of course she did. I just forgot, sorry.”

“Oh Ian I am so happy you are back. I have been so lonely. First you weren’t there and Adrienne hasn’t been here either and neither has Justi…” I stopped knowing what Ian face would look like.

“Ciara, don’t ask me any question but just stay away from Justin ok. He’s just bad news.” Ian said strictly.

“What do you mean bad news?” I wanted to know everything. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I said no questions.” He pointed a finger at me. Why was Ian so upset? He never got so upset and whenever he was upset he had never put it out on me.

“Have I done something wrong?” I asked hoping to pull of a puppy face. I doubt it worked, it never did.

“Not yet,” he lowered his voice but didn’t lower the anger in his voice. “But if you continue to go all over him you will.”

With that he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry 4 taking such a long time to update
School is starting soon so I may not be updating regularly
The more comments and subscribers I get the sooner I'll update so keep them coming.
Thanks to my editor Saskia
xoxo